99 Cents Only Interview Questions | Glassdoor

99 Cents Only Interview Questions

Interviews at 99 Cents Only

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter Anna set up an interview to meet with DM Felipe at a store location . Got their and Felipe introduced himself and tells me that he had to take a conference call and that someone else would be doing the interview. The other manager was not there so I had to wait 30 more minutes until he arrived . After he got settled in and updated he introduced himself and said he would be conducting the interview. I spent maybe 5 minutes talking to him and he said to me that the interview was over and that Anna would be giving me a call back. I waited a week to hear from Anna she never did call me back so I emailed her and got no response .

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only.

Interview

the interview process when well i actually had a one on one interview with a district manager in a hiring event and i actually got a call that afternoon that if i would like to go in for paper work to actually get the job

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Brea, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews. One was an initial interview that I got by walking in but the manager didn't have a higher position available so he passed my information on and I ended up having two more interviews. One with two district managers then a second one with regional directors.

Interview Questions

• Some were just getting to me. Ex: Tell me about yourself
      Then some were super common. Ex: What are the most important traits to you in a candidate? Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer? Explain about the experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Very professional experience. The interview lsdted approximately an hour. The DM was very straight forward and detailed about the benefits offered and the job duties entailed in the position. The store processes and procedures were discussed as well. It was a very refreshing interview with questions based to determine if you really have the experience, knowledge and proficiency to do your job adequately.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Santa Ana, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

The Interview process was Extremely easy. I applied on a Friday, got a call from a recruiter Monday. The recruiter passed me along to the DM for a face to face interview. The interview mainly consisted of basic background and experience questions. The DM then passed me along to a RM for a phone interview. All in all it took about 10 days from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Just asked about my background and why I was looking to make a change.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter by email, then a phone interview. I passed the phone interview and went in person to the store where the manager interviewed me. Strangest interview ever! It was upstairs in the stockroom. They set up a chair with a portable spotlight shining on it. They then asked "When do you plan on retiring?" I was 53 at the time. Then asked "Do you have the energy required for this job?" Age discrimination at it's finest!

Interview Questions

• When do you plan on retiring?   1 Answer
    • Do you have the energy for this job?   1 Answer

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Colleyville, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied for a job then I called the manager the manager told me to go in for an interview I went they said I could start the next day no testing of any sort. Went the next day provide my proof of citizenship and began work that day. Awesomely quick!

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was really easy. Just be confident and professional and everything will go great. I would recommend doing a little research on the company before you go to your interview because they will ask you questions about the company.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only in October 2014.

Interview

Just person interview. I turn in application first. A few days later, a manager called in for in person interview. Asked me general questions. Very easy. Asked about can you clean restrooms?
    Interview was very straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 99 Cents Only (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I apply in person and know the manager for a while before I want the job, so it was easy. You just have to go in the store and ask him or her.