AIR Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIR Worldwide (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very clear and precise. It started with a telephonic discussion by the recruiter and then they scheduled f2f discussion with the panel on a weekday. There were 4 rounds of total First round with MD who asked about the projects I worked on and some basic questions. Second round with a lead who asked relevant questions on role i applied for. Third round with a 2 senior members who asked the technical questions and last round with HR.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to WPF, MVVM, Prism, diff between mvc & mvvm, SQL queries, C# , Web services etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AIR Worldwide.

Interview

The interviewer was in hurry didn't spend anytime trying to get to know the candidate. The interviewers are rude and don't make you feel comfortable. The HR is very proactive

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AIR Worldwide (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a webex interview. Was asked to submit a 2 small c++ codes. This was followed by an onnnsite interview at boston. 3 rounds of interview. I was interviewed on C++, data structures especially tree, design pattern. Was asked to write codes on the board. This is was followed by questions on hadoop. Finaaly more basic qustions on c++.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIR Worldwide (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied on the university's career fair. Got an email from recruiter to arrange an telephone interview time. This first tel. interview is only about backgrounds. The recruiter told me that she will hand out my resume and information to several hiring managers, to see if they want me. Then the second day, I got a rejection email.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIR Worldwide (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

it was a good experiance. one and half hour interview

Negotiation

did not do anything

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AIR Worldwide in February 2017.

Interview

Apply online and got called from hr, asking a couple of simple questions like why you want to work here, then set up phone interview, in the phone interview I was asked to do some c++ coding online

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIR Worldwide (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I wasn't prepared for them to play hardball with me, so I didn't have time to transition my questions for them to be more trenchant. My awkward responses belied my experience (my fault).

They’re book smart but not street smart. They are having difficulty updating legacy software to be more efficient.

It was revealed that when executing their software, which parses data to glean information to assess risk, the host CPU utilization is at a problematic ~95%.

My questions for them should have been:

What does it mean if the CPU is pegged at ~95% when your software runs? Do you think this is your threaded software working its hardest to process data?

How would you track down a thread that does not relinquish the CPU?

Do you think introducing more threads or templates (as revealed) will solve the problem? Or, do you think processing data more efficiently in memory (as revealed) will solve the problem?

Why would your development team allow a developer to check in code that performs this way?

Is this a product of your "Agile" development approach, or a product of an eloquent speaker convincing others that it's OK to check in laggard code?

It made me apprehensive of their software development approach. What type of source control, versioning system, and SDLC do they use?

I commend them for recognizing that they need to hire a developer to clean up their code. They are struggling to correct deficient multi-threaded code.

Two interviewers were somewhat rude and condescending.

As I was writing an exercise answer on a white board, I hear a loud audible sigh of exasperation from one interviewer as I hesitated a bit writing out an answer. I wouldn't want to work with someone who has that personality.

Also, while conversing with another interviewer, a co-interviewer was perched silently with a rude piercing stare. I wouldn't want to work with someone who has that personality.

The remaining 3 interviewers were cordial and engaging.

FYI vain and undisciplined employees weaken a product and company making it ripe to be leapfrogged by a competitor.

Interview Questions

• They gave me 4 exercises in advance to solve for the interview but they did not want to talk about nor offer any feedback on my solutions. Very odd. Very off-putting.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AIR Worldwide.

Interview

1st asked to solve 1 exercise, that incorporates both Coding and some basic theoretical question. After submission of that exercise, on site Interview. It was simple, most of the questions were on resume. some questions on Java, C#, C, SQL query.

SQA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AIR Worldwide.

Interview

In-house recruiter was very friendly and professional. Phone interviews were great. Once I came in for the in-person, I noticed a few members of the interview panel weren't very prepared and almost didn't even realize they have to interview someone on that day - very frazzled.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through how to build code for a system that can generate permutations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AIR Worldwide (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

You start with a basic HR phone screen followed by a technical questions phone screen. In the in-person interview you will meet about 5 people from different QA and Dev departments to assess your skills. This is followed by a SQL written test. Overall a good experience with prompt reply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AIR Worldwide (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with both HR and the hiring manager. Then in person was tsandard HR intro, hiring manager, then techies. Questions were easy and very standard. No need to prepare if you know how to code. The questions were all in all easy and should not be an issue if you know how to code.

Interview Questions

• Code example...read a data file, do math on data, and report   1 Answer

Boston commute was just too far.