AMD Product Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Product Development Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted by my interviewer via email. He was quick to respond, and after a few exchanges we set up a phone interview. It was a quick interview, he simply asked questions about some of the more major points on my resume. Otherwise it was mostly a casual conversation, and I received an offer within approximately a week and a half of the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AMD

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online , got a call from AMD recruiter that i will be having phone interview. After 2 days, 3 people interviewed me on phone, Manager, Team Lead and one more. Phone Interview was easy for me, they asked couple of questions from Resume, couple of behavioral questions such as Team Work, Tough Project Mate etc. At AMD, U need to know, Perl, Java, Python , C++, !. For the Onsite Interview, 8 people Interviewed me from 9AM to 4.30PM or so. 1:1 . Interview went well. Mostly basic questions were asked. Round 1: Basic RLC Questions, questions from resume and high speed circuits, Transmission LInes. Round 2: C++ Code, Recursive function, etc. Round 3: Test Engineering Questions, debugging skills, 5-6 behavioral questions, practical problems they face at AMD during projects, Round 4: Puzzle, Diode vs Temp, Puzzle, C Programming, behavioral questions, Round 5: Java code of 3 page, debugging it and understanding the code, Round 6: Manager -- Described Job, asked statistics, different behavioral questions, normal chit-chat. ROUND 7: Basic EE questions, digital and analog, test equipments setup etc. Round 8: Manager, basic questions, set of diagrams, test teams, promotions , group dynamics etc.

Interview Questions

• Puzzle to arrange 9 numbers , 1 to 9 in a given box without repeat ~!   2 Answers
    • JAVA COde, Recursive Programming in C++   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews with 2 different group members, mostly technical questions. Was originally scheduled for an on-site interview, then CEO change led to hiring freeze, thus process stopped here. Was told I may hear back in 30-45 days, but that has been surpassed. Interviews were somewhat difficult, but overall process was mostly positive.

Interview Questions

• Draw a cross section of a NMOS transistor and explain it to me in detail.   Answer Question
    • Explain the function of a transistor to a group of high school students.   Answer Question
    • Recite equation for Idsat.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Had two rounds of phone interviews and then was selected for an onsite interview. I was scheduled to meet with 8 people, each for an hour of the day, it was exhausting. The interview process went easy but afterwards they took forever to let me know the results. Overall a very poor job by the HR because he kept dragging out the results and wouldn't tell me.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

I had to go to Markham AMD Campus, interview was fairly easy. Generic behavioral questions and minor course related technical questions. Key was to keep a positive motive and being confident. And bringing in questions to ask your to-be manager puts a good impression in the end. Everyone was nice, will give a very nice warm welcome and escort you to the room.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at AMD (Markham, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview through the recruiter, first was a phone interview discussing resume and past projects. The in-person interview lasted 2-3 hours with multiple managers and engineers.
    Questions about CMOS, ATE, PCIe and mainly questions about the resume. Everyone was polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult technical problem you faced and how you solved it. They would then ask you other ways you could have solved it,   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, really competitive package

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2010.

Interview

Was being interview by my direct supervisor and a senior beginner. Interview was easy and it took about 30mins for the supervisor to tell me that she is hiring me. Everything turn out well and get the document sign in the next 1 weeks.