AMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

conducted phone interview by two persons and then called for face to face interview, was interviewed by 3 different people on general behavioral questions and technical bios questions and problem solving skills

Accounting Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

First round screening interview was fine and standard.

Second round I was supposed to talk to one person, ended up being two - fine. Except instead I didn't get to speak at all so there was no point in me interviewing and they could have just decided based on my resume.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The resume was submitted online on the company website. The team manager called after couple of weeks for the first phone interview. The manager asked the technical person on the team to conduct technical interview the following week. The technical interview covered basic questions on the object oriented programming skills. The overall tone of interview was positive.

Interview Questions

• what are main differences between UVM monitor and UVM driver classes?   1 Answer

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

Communication through email was poor as it took weeks to recieve reply. Replys where also lacked needed unfo which resulted in more followup emails (another 2 weeks). Phone interview with serveral hiring reps asking questions. Some questions where related to me, others specifically about AMD, as well as generic logic/thought questions

Interview Questions

• Asked what time it was at my current location (4:43pm). Then asked what the angle would be between the hour and minute hand of 4:43 on an analog clock.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

My interview was really was not an interview because I was converted to FTE from a contract position. This is a very common practice at AMD. However, hiring managers are still required to post the open job req to the public. This is unfortunate for the people who apply for a job that technically has already been filled.

Interview Questions

• Converted to FTE from contract position.   2 Answers

Design Verification Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, they both asked questions about the projects in resume first, and then the second interview covered more technical questions related to C++, verilog/sv, and computer architecture.

Interview Questions

• 1. Difference between Temperal and Spatial
      2. Difference between Shared Memory and Memory Passing
      3. How to transfer a float number to integer in c++
      4. questions about class, inheritance, polymorphism and so on.
      1 Answer

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was mostly technical in nature comprising of 7 45-minute sessions including lunch. They start a bit early at ~9.00am (compared to other interviews I had) which I found preferrable than a later start. The sessions are not extremely rigid with regards to time and they could vary depending on the depth of discussion in any one session. Overall, the interviewers were very courteous and professional in their demeanor.

Interview Questions

• Analyze and recommend a decision between supporting fine-grained P-states Vs coarse-grained P-states specification for major SoC subsystems such as CPU, Graphics, Multimedia accelerators etc.   1 Answer

SMTS Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD in June 2016.

Interview

Took few weeks to pass resume to the hiring manager.
    Then 4 weeks of interview process including phone screening and face to face with the tech team and higher management
    Overall interview process seems good and smooth.
    Management seems like polished and seasoned management skills

Interview Questions

• Second level of interconnect and electrical requirements tech   1 Answer

Senior ASIC/Layout Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AMD (Gainesville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Received a telephonic interview from the team lead. He wanted someone to join immediately within a week. He mostly talked about what the company and asked very few questions. I guess because he wanted an immediate hire, the questions were very specific to what he was looking fir rather than testing my knowledge in that area. But overall a positive experience.

Senior Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Horrible experience. I applied to AMD through their website for this position, then get contacted by a talent recruiter up in Canada that was an AMD employee. Hear nothing for a few weeks and get a call from an Indian man in California that worked for Tata Consultancy Services... He had ALL my info because AMD gave it to them with out my permission. Along with this I could hardly understand him and ended up somehow scheduling a call back from one of the contractors working for AMD. Come to find out they were contacting me for a lower position and were attempting to persuade me that I'd be an AMD employee even though I'd be on contract through Tata Consultancy Services.
    AMD, fix your hiring process, if I wanted to work for some crap consulting company, I would had applied to them, not you.