AMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Interview Questions

Interviews at AMD

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD in April 2020.

Interview

The first round consisted of a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview covered relevant work experience from my resume and some basic technical questions.Then they scheduled a video call which lasted for 5 hours with 6 members of the team. Most of it consisted of technical questions in C++ and Python, medium level Leetcode questions, and testing.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to retrieve first element of reach row using regular expressions   Answer Question

Interview

I applied through university, got a call for a phone interview. The interview took less than an hour. I waited about a week, obtained the offer and did the internship

CPU Verification Interview

Interview

Invludes 1 telephonic round and then an onsite interview. Interview process includes ine 45 minute telephonic interview and then at least 5 rounds of onsite interviews. The decision is given out within the week if the team likes you.

HR Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

Recruiter scheduled 4 hours of interviews to take place within 2 business days without confirming my availability. Couldn't break current commitments so was told I would not be moving forward.

Silicon Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD in February 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a senior member of the technical staff. The position was an entry-level silicon design engineer. I was contacted by a member of his technical team for inital screening. The job location was supposed to be in santa clara, california.

Interview Questions

• Basic MOSFET questions, defects in MOSFETs, mos capacitances, two stage op-amp design questions, a few digital questions about timing and basic knowledge and stuff from my resume at the end   Answer Question

Hardware Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

Submit resume during career fair on campus. Get contacted about one month later. Two round 30 minutes of phone interviews. Basically talking about resumes and what the team is working on. Get an offer after about one week.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process involved a round of phone screen that lasted about 45 minutes. On the basis of the same an on-site interview for the position is scheduled where the company pays for all expenses.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the difficulties faced in one of the recent projects at University   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

I had reached out to the recruiter on LinkedIn. He passed my resume to another recruiter and he asked me for a phone interview in ATG group. The recruiter did not share Job Description(Since there is none apparently!). He asked me to schedule phone interview and talk to HM to know more details. I scheduled and on the phone interview, I find a group of managers on the other end of the call. Panel interview, Shocking! And they ask me questions one by one without disclosing job description!

Then they invite me for onsite(though phone interview did not go that great) and schedule just 2 rounds. Ask about my experience in one and coding question in other. I felt onsite went great but received reject.

Transparency missing in entire process

Interview Questions

• Design memory management interface for Linux and other subsystems   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

I got to meet people from AMD at my college career fair. This led to a phone call by the manager. At the end of the call, I was asked to come for an on-site interview at the AMD Austin campus.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

I got email from one of a AMD manager at for 45 minutes coding interview . This position was located in Santa Clara office. I did not get selected for second round.

Interview Questions

• First there was some basic questions on Computer Architecture, Verification Concepts and RESUME. After that she asked me to write code for hamming distance in prefered lang and UVM Code for driver component.   Answer Question