AMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AMD (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

On-Campus Interview. They called me up based on my interactions in the career fair the day before. Positions applied were for Co-Op engineer (in both design and verification). The interview was mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe all your projects (in the resume) briefly.   Answer Question
    • Other questions in between my explanation of my projects regarding if there were issues faced during those project and how I overcame them.   Answer Question

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (Fort Collins, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewer emailed me after one week. Total 3 rounds, first one with the manager and rest with team members. All of them asked various questions on DFT, as this is DFT intern role. Questions were on fundamentals. Interviewers also asked about resume and my projects, which were on DFT.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is the difference between functional testing and structural testing? Which one is
      preferred?
      2) Difference between a normal flop and scan flop?
      3) How is boundary scan done?
      4) Different types of faults in DFT? How to avoid them?   Answer Question
    • 5) How to increase the fault coverage?
      6) How is scan values passed in extest?
      7) Write a script in Perl to change the values in the line.
      8) Is structural scan denser or functional?   Answer Question
    • 9) If we have don’t cares in the output of the scan, what is the problem and how is it solved?
      10) What is scan compression?
      11) Difference between transition delay and path delay?
      12) Define SDD?   Answer Question
    • 13) How do you propagate fault through AND gate?
      14) Define the bridging fault?
      15) How is At speed testing done?
      16) Explain the entire flow of DFT.   Answer Question

Creative Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

one interview! went very quickly. they needed someone fast. went through local contract company. was very streamlined. no weird brainteaser questions. just really interested in who i was and what i could bring to the team.

Senior Firmware Engineer, Wireless IP Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

This position was with the AMD wireless IP group. This was a team that was formerly a startup and had been acquired by AMD. They were working on wireless VR systems.

Recruiter reached out. This was followed by a phone interview with hiring manager which was mostly a discussion on my background and the job position. This was followed by another technical phone interview with two engineers. I was invited on-site for about 5 one-one interviews and one lunch interview where I was answering questions in the middle of having lunch.

Overall, all the questions during the on-site interview rounds were very straight-forward except for the second round: during this round the engineer asked a math question based on display and another buffer management question based on display again. For both the questions, it seemed like the interviewer had one particular approach/solution in mind and was not open to even discussing my solution which I had derived from scratch. He could not even explain if there were any shortcomings with my approach. This was not a good sign from my perspective: I would struggle to work with such an engineer who is very close-minded in his approach to solving problems.

After the on-site interviews, there was no communication whatsoever in spite of multiple emails/calls to recruiter, staffing assistant etc.

The position was relevant to my background in WiFi and I think the work would have been very interesting and challenging. But I doubt if I would want to work of a company or team that has a complete disregard for a interview candidate's time.

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX).

Interview

I got a technical phone screen followed by five hour onsite interview. Most of the questions were from transistor-level design and analysis concepts in both analog and digital side. Overall was a very good interview experience with friendly and polite interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 1.Latch and flip flop working and timing diagrams?
      2.What is Crosstalk Noise?   Answer Question

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied Online and about 2 months later got an email from a hiring manager to set time and date for a phone interview. Was interviewed by two people on the phone where they asked technical questions as well as questions regarding the projects listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• -Questions about cache coherency
      -Basic Verilog Questions
      -Questions about c++ and traversing trees   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD (Boxborough, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had filled up an online application on the career website. After one week received the call for the interview through online process. The interview lasted for the 30 minutes. Discussed in depth about the projects I had on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were from resume, I was asked in detail about the project. And some questions relevant to project like synthesis tool,etc   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

From the initial call with the internal recruiter and throughout the meetings with the hiring manager and people from other departments, I got a great sense of community and dedication to the business. No pretense whatsoever. Great people and company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked for my opinion on legislation that impacts the type of work I do. The legislation is polarizing, so people have very different points of view about whether it's good or not.   1 Answer

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AMD in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was well prepared with questions and was very positive. I didn't answer all the questions but he considered and gave importance to my approach and way of thinking

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMD in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got email from manager to schedule the interview. 2 telephonic interviews. Then after a month of follow up I came to know "probably" they hired some other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Time complexity of BFS, DFS which is better and many questions based on resume.   Answer Question