AMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMD Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2018

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX).

Interview

- Very specific and interactive where the interviewer engages in the problems.
    - They look for your understanding of the problem and your approach of solving it no specific syntax or method is required
    - It was two rounds, first over the phone second on site. I had a third round interview specifically to test my SystemVerilog OOP knowledge which was specified before the interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Process started with a phone screen, followed by a on site interview and then discussions with HR executive.

Phone screen was average and explained the role and requirements.
    On site interview was tough as they look for all the basics for the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process for design of a new architecture and the refinement process   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Standard phone screen first, followed up with about half a day of interviews. This was for a firmware engineering position for a SOC type of architecture. The questions on site is mostly technical and focused a lot on how you would solve a particular problem. I find it really refreshing because a lot of interviews tends to focus on "do you know what this volatile keyword do?" which is useful but doesn't really gauge a candidate's capability. They focused far more on problem solving skills, asking questions and debug scenarios on things you have not done before, on how you solved prior difficult situations at your previous experience, etc. Be prepared to think outside of the box. I also find that the people who did the interview are very sharp and smart engineers and that is a major plus in the decision process. It was a really good and engaging process but you should definitely be prepared to be challenged.

Interview Questions

• One of the interview questions was to give a real-life debug scenario on a processor/platform that I have not worked on before. I find the question to be challenging and actually really enjoyed the process of going through the debug. I would rate it as a hard question but overall a really great experience.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

STAY AWAY --- Standard process, Hr questions, technical questions, on-site. The HR representative was UNETHICAL UNPROFESSIONAL through out the process. Didn't disclose offer details even when repeatedly asked, didn't address concerns, I gave my reasons (2X) why offer would be accepted/rejected. HR guy PUSHED for verbal acceptable saying details will be disclosed in the offer. I was lied to when offer came in, items discussed where eliminated and what I agreed too was completely different to what was written. Sent response declining written offer with explanation, HR guys response was to never contact him. Absolutely unethical and unprofessional behavior from a person representing a company, no class.

Verification Interview

Interview

In the interview process, there was a Phone Screening which consisted of Behavioral and Technical part of the Interview. The process was not very tough. The asked me to provide reference which I had to ask one of my previous professors.

Interview Questions

• 1) Difference between C and Python
      2) Object Oriented Programming
      3) Interfaces   Answer Question

Research: Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Austin, TX).

Interview

Brief phone screen asking about research experience and some technical open ended questions. Was invited on-site, gave research talk, and had similar interviews to phone screen, mostly about my previous research experience and open-ended technical questions.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AMD.

Interview

The interview takes about 6 hours. It includes a lot of technical questions, including basic mosfet operation region, verilog, c. timming issue, logic circuit design......One or two questions would be tough, but most questions are fundamental and interesting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMD in February 2018.

Interview

2 interviews with DV managers. Mainly asked questions about my past experiences and relevant softwares. Described the kind of work they do and how my skill set can be helpful for them. Each interview was 40 minutes long and had minimal technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the types of assertions in System Verilog?
      What is a linked list?   Answer Question

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMD (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

6 rounds of interviews with each team member.
    Each one focused on different topics related to computer Architecture, hardware design and programming.
    Overall great interview experience though very tiring.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Interview

Started with a half hour phone interview with Hiring Manager that was not technical. Second phone interview was a half hour of asking technical questions about graphics knowledge and vector math. Third interview was on site and consisted of 7 45 minute white board/technical sessions. An hour lunch was in between so I was there for a total of 6.5 hours. Questions range from C++ to graphics and everything in between. Extremely intelligent people who are very passionate about what they do so if you are similar minded then you will have fun!

Interview Questions

• In what coding situation can a c++ variable be optimized out by a compiler and what is the way to prevent this from occurring.   1 Answer