ASDA Night-Shift Stocker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Night-Shift Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ASDA (Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

I filled in an application form and dropped it back in January, I got a call in JUNE! As it was initially for a 2nd job I agreed to attend the selection evening. This was a room full of around 20 people where we had to do standard "team building" exercises. At the end of the selection evening the manager conducting the meet asked if anyone wanted to work that night! As in directly after the group selection. Some of the people said yes and were offered contracts there and then. Others like myself were called back as "reserves" The group selection was at 8pm on a Friday night finishing around 9.30pm. The shift the manager wanted people to work was from 10pm that night to 6am the following morning. There was meant to be a 2nd personal one to one interview and a 2 hour trial shift they call Best Welcome. I did not have either of those prior to being offered my regular shifts.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part of the hiring process was why did I want to work for Asda? Also during the group selection it was difficult to work together with people that were not really interested in the job without making myself look bad.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Rates of pay, holidays and benefits are all the same they have no minimum wage banding anyone under 18 gets paid the same as everyone else, Company has an annual salary review in October every year, usually around12-15p an hour for standard colleagues. The only thing negotiable was your department of choice, IF they had vacancies you got the job if they didn't, you didn't but they didn't tell you which areas had vacancies.