ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2018

2.1

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Ipswich, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (New Ipswich, NH) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. Got in touch quickly and with feedback. Applied online and was invited to an "ASDA Magic" session (group interview). Had to undergo an ambiguous task as a group. Was thrn invited back to a 1-to-1 interview which seemed relaxed and I didn't feel under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Lewis, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager cam forthwith into the room with a series of competency base questions and machinate questions on bakery techniques including the rise height of Hovis brown bread in the oven after 45 min with 2 ounces of yeast. Also to discuss the implications of rising fuel prices in Bwindi Uganda.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate.

Bakery Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Induction for a day; then taken for verbal interview Induction for a day; then taken for verbal interview Induction for a day; then taken for verbal interview Induction for a day; then taken for verbal interview

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA (Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

The whole process took about one week, I applied online and received an invitation to the Asda Magic interviews, it took roughly 4 hours to complete everything.

I was the only boy out of around 10 people (everyone got the jobs though, must've been understaffed).

Began with icebreaker activities by talking to the person to your left, asking their name, where they've travelled to and somewhere you have both been. Then two group activities, first sent on to the shop floor to spot summer promotions and how they're displayed and secondly given a product and asked what it is, how it's used, pros and cons etc.

After this, we were given roles related to what they thought we would be good at and what our preferences was (My first choice was home/leisure) and sent with colleagues to have a go, me and two others who wanted home & leisure were helping a lad with deliveries and seeing how to put stock out (basic retail stuff).

During this have a go process, people were being plucked for their 1on1s which were extremely calm and friendly, all the management staff involved were lovely to talk to and the interview was the same, very basic questions.

We were all invited back in at the end of the day to be told we were all successful, can't wait to start tomorrow.

(Seasonal, i'm a university student).

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a process you have changed for better efficiency/success, and did it work?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you have successfully worked in a team   Answer Question
    • Give an example of good customer service you have personally received   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you have given customer service multiple times to the same customer   Answer Question

Night Grocery Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blackwood, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Blackwood, Wales (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

Group interview, very easy and enjoyable. They are looking for someone who is being themselves, and interacts with people well.
    One to one was good easy and very relaxed.

Store Colleague Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

It was very good and it was an easy process. I had to do a group task then go on shop floor then we had individual interviews. I didn't get it because I wasn't expanding on answers; I was nervous. Just be relaxed because it's easy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Attended the "ASDA Magic" day along with 8 others. Due to the previous session running over time we were told that there were not going to be any group activities. There was a short theory test that we had to complete on the computer and then a face-to-face interview which was very basic.

Checkout Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Invited into a Magic Interview, which was a group assesment where you participate in a discussion based on a task. Then you would get a chance to go on the shop floor to see how everyone works. Then it is individual interviews.

Dispensing Optician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poole, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASDA (Poole, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied asda a week ago then received an email for asda magic event. It was a group of 8 of us. First they checked our passport and working rights after that 3 questions where written on the board like name, interesting things about you and why asda. Then we moved on to the group activity dropping an egg without breaking it on the floor and our team won. Finally we have to fill up the questionnaire. They said selected people will be called for one to one interview and the have a go.. Am waiting

Interview Questions

• Name , interesting things about you and why asda.. I have done only the first stage of asda..   Answer Question