ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.1

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Ipswich, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (New Ipswich, NH) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. Got in touch quickly and with feedback. Applied online and was invited to an "ASDA Magic" session (group interview). Had to undergo an ambiguous task as a group. Was thrn invited back to a 1-to-1 interview which seemed relaxed and I didn't feel under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Lewis, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager cam forthwith into the room with a series of competency base questions and machinate questions on bakery techniques including the rise height of Hovis brown bread in the oven after 45 min with 2 ounces of yeast. Also to discuss the implications of rising fuel prices in Bwindi Uganda.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate.

Home Shopping Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied on line last Friday 2Feb. Easy process. E mail on Sunday inviting me to Asda Magic on Friday 9th call on Monday to ask if I was available on Thursday 8th for Hazard perception test. On arrival did the test passed, and then taken in for a one to one interview. Arrived on Friday ice breaker introduce the person next to you, two groups of six and asked to make up a fun advert on a random product. Taken out for a road test and on arrival back was offered a position right away.

Interview Questions

• Stock questions : talk about a time when you provided customer service which was above and beyond ? Talk about a time when you had an irate customer and how did you deal with them   1 Answer

ASDA Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Newcastle, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Got an email to book my time for an interview, went in got asked pretty much the same questions as in the online application. 30 min or so trial standing at the self-service points and helping out. Said I would get an email regardless of the outcome in around 2-3 days, it's been 3 weeks and still nothing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you experienced good and bad customer service.   Answer Question

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was degrading, it was a group interview but nobody asked us about our ability to do the job, we literally just had to act out a silly "bad customer service scenario" just so they could tell us "this isn't how we do things at asda"
    Nobody questioned us on experience or anything relevant, i was offered a job at the end which i accepted but when i got to work it wasn't the job I'd applied for, i lasted less than a week before i couldn't mentally or physically handle it. Great if you need money quickly and aren't having luck with other jobs, but so much if you can afford to be picky.
    I turned down 2 other job offers for this one, what a mistake that was!

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Group interview first, we were put into pairs and we had to know about eachother and then present it to the group. Then split up into groups and had to play jenga and the tallest tower wins, then we got to have a go at the shop floor (20 min ) then 1-1 interview and go home. I was accepted however at the moment they don't have space in the areas I wanted but they will let me know if something does come up.

Interview Questions

• If a customer wanted a specific item and we didn't have in stock what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA (Worcester, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online sending my cv and submitting an online assessment which asked some questions about senario's and which from the list would be the BEST thing to do and which would be the WORST thing to do for each senario. I then got an email asking me to follow the link to book onto an Asda Magic event. At these events you are with about 15 to 20 other people and you do activities together while being observed. It is all good fun and really relaxed. If you just sit there not getting involved you can forget being hired. Retail is all about customer service so if your too timid to talk in a small group you are basically saying you would be too shy to walk up to a customer to ask them if they need any help. So get involved but try not to be to bosy and take over. You then get invited to a job interview and brief work trial. The interview was a chat as I think the activities on the event answers the questions they want to know about you such as if you adapt to changing needs, if you can follow a set of instructions and if you are confident talking to strangers. Best job interview process I have ever had. However I quit the job I was offered after 4 days.....the worst job and the worst company I have ever come across.....next to no training......no one tells you what is going on......they dont issue you with a uniform to start with....it can take months so you have to buy suitable clothes to meet their approval.....you have to put credit on your pass key to buy a drink ect in the canteen.....lose you passkey and when it is handed in your credit will have been stolen and spent by someone.....if your card is not handed in you lose any credit you had as it is not transferable.....who the manager of the store was I have no idea never got introduced.....say what you like about Sainsburys but the store manager there came and spoke to me every shift when I first started to ask me if I was ok and how I was getting on and to tell me my department manager spoke highly of me.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any direct questions on the individual interview. We only chatted about were I had worked before and discussed the role and the shifts I would work and how I found the work trial.   1 Answer

Seasonal Checkout Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canterbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Canterbury, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Initially went for a group interview and I was pretty nervous. There are only about 10 people max in the interview and everyone is really lovely, it’s nothing to fret about. They’re probably just as nervous as you are! We firstly went around the table and introduced ourselves, after that we played people bingo. Most of the time was taken up doing little activities, one of them being you had to go down to the ship floor and find promotions and write down about them( how effective they are, how they could be improved, etc). Make sure to talk to your group and keep relaxed, talk and have a laugh with the people in the group, it’s al very light hearted and you will be marked on the way you interact with people. After that we hadn’t another little activity where you were split down the middle and in two groups had to present an idea for ways in which the business could draw attention/ what they could do for their newest charity campaign. You do have to present this but nothing massively over the top just feedback on the groups ideas.

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrhead, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Barrhead, Scotland (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I completed the online assessment and a week later i received an email to book a time for the asda magic assessment event. The magic assessment involved role play, getting to know you and uniform sizes etc. Then i got through to a one to one interview. Very casual. I wore black jeans and a shirt/dressy top with pumps.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time that i received good customer service.   Answer Question