ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.1

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Ipswich, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (New Ipswich, NH) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. Got in touch quickly and with feedback. Applied online and was invited to an "ASDA Magic" session (group interview). Had to undergo an ambiguous task as a group. Was thrn invited back to a 1-to-1 interview which seemed relaxed and I didn't feel under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Lewis, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager cam forthwith into the room with a series of competency base questions and machinate questions on bakery techniques including the rise height of Hovis brown bread in the oven after 45 min with 2 ounces of yeast. Also to discuss the implications of rising fuel prices in Bwindi Uganda.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate.

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ASDA (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

I foundmy interview with Asda to be fun & friendly.We had to interview the person beside us then stand up & give a quick synopsis of their life.We then had to help each other build a house with cards to see what your teamwork was like.It was very enjoyable &I made you feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Who are the most important people in the store.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Got invited to an ASDA magic event and were in a room were asked to partner up and find things out about the person next to us. Then had to do a team building exercise to make the tallest tower. Very informal.

Personal Shopper Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Applied online on Asda's site and was invited to an assessment center about a week and a half later or so. The assessment center is nothing to get nervous about there will be about 20 (well in my case there was) and you split up into groups of 4-5 and play a sort of bingo game. You are all given the bingo sheets with 14 activities on them (have you been on holiday outside the UK etc.) and you have to go round the room and ask everybody who's done what and mark them off, there will be 2 or 3 Asda employees at the back watching everybody to see how you communicate and interact with others. After that we were told to build a capsule for an egg to be dropped from about 2 meters so that the egg didn't break. One of you then has to stand up and demonstrate the product (bonus points for being the one to stand up I would say). The whole process took around an hour maybe less. You are then told to wait up to 3 weeks to hear back (I heard back within the same week). You are then invited to a pretty casual interview, 5 quick easy questions and then gave some information about the work. I was then told I would have to wait up to 2 weeks to hear back but I am guessing I will find out sooner either way

Interview Questions

• What did you think about the Asda Magic Assessment center   Answer Question
    • How do you think the assessment center brought out your qualities   Answer Question
    • A time you received excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • A time you and a colleague had a disagreement on something and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Online application, 20 min situational test (more like 10 min), call day later for Magic interview. Group interview with 4 others, pretty easy and casual group activities. Then 1 on 1 interviews, pretty standard questions: experience, passion, what you see in good customer service, difficult customers, managing conflict with another employee. Really nice mangers and staff, told I got the job but said she'll call later for exam work role and times. Then going to shop floor for a few minutes while others were interviewed.

Grocery Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I turned up to the Asda magic group assessment. Everyone was very friendly. I was the only one who turned up in a suit, I was told that made a great impression at a later date.
    We first played people bingo, having to interact with everyone. The awesome were watching our confidence and the way we interacted with one another, eye contact is key.
    Then we were split into 2 groups and had to build a house out of straws and then sell it. The whole process is relaxed and nothing to worry about. Be confident interact with others and get involved and you will be fine!!

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role online - this included completing online tests too. I heard back in like two weeks via email inviting me too an 'Asda Magic Assessment'. This was a group of about 15 people. It lasted the whole day from 11-3. Consisting of two presentations one individual and one group.

Interview Questions

• Icebreaker - talk to the person next to you for 5 minutes and find out as many things as possible about them - present this back to the group   Answer Question
    • Group exercise - we were given a product and in our groups we had to try and advertise this to the managers   Answer Question
    • Have a go - completing tasks around the store   Answer Question
    • What are your short term and long term goals   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA in July 2017.

Interview

Online assessment about general store tasks, they also take your details e.g. National insurance number, date of birth etc. Asda magic/group interview involves typical group tasks. Then one to one interview and 'have a go' session on shop floor.