Academy Sports + Outdoors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Academy Sports + Outdoors Interview Questions

Interviews at Academy Sports + Outdoors

2.0

Team Lead - Hardlines Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors in July 2020.

Interview

Applied online and did a HireVue virtual Q&A immediately following the application. The sales floor manager who oversees the position called and had a brief (~15 minute) phone conversation about previous experience and offered for a sit down interview later in the week. Had an in person interview with the sales floor manager and recommended I interview with the Store Director which took place 2 days later. Both in person interviews were relatively informal

Hunting/Fishing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (San Antonio, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

Just a couple of simple questions, starts off with an online interview and then they invite you to an in person interview. There is a back ground check but the interviews are easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What do you think a leader should be   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors in May 2020.

Interview

Simple interview with HR then more in-depth with hiring manager. Felt the interview went well with hiring manager but then was told I wouldn’t move to the last round because they wanted someone with more experience. I thought this was odd and that they wasted my time. But everyone was nice.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors.

Interview

Interview was fairly simple. Apply online, make sure your resume is good, and wait for them to call. Got a over the phone interview and I guess they wanted to make sure I was a decent person. I say that, because the manager discussed my hourly rate and when I could come in. My hiring date came Right before the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to get paid?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors.

Interview

Your basic HR Interview. Asking about strengths and weaknesses. If you apply for a seasonal position they’ll pretty much hire you on the spot. Not really technical in any way. They just need body’s to work.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses- Tell about a time you went above and beyond— what would you do in this or that situation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors.

Interview

25 min interview with the manager and team lead of the store after applying online. Was given a job offer on the spot. Easy questions about character and customer service.

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Austin, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

You first have to do a video interview where a different video asks you a questions and you record a video to answer said questions when done with that. I waited about one day got the call for a in-person interview. Which was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• we have a problem with people quitting or not showing up to work if you're hired can we rely on you?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors.

Interview

Talked with a manager about what was expected of me at the front end. Then I was told I would have to complete some training. Never really asked me too many questions.

Asst Manager Interview

Interview

Brief generic, informational questions. Went over work history and basic expectations of the role. Spoke with Store Director and District Manager about work environment, career paths and training program

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors in October 2019.

Interview

I had one interview, made it to the next round, and never contacted me about specifics to schedule a next interview. Overall, seemed like a good company but seems a little disorganized.