Academy Sports + Outdoors Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 596 of over 596 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.0
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Katy, TX)

Interview

There was one phone screen and three interviews with managers & another designer. The phone screen was rapid and straightforward. The 1st interview with the product manager went well. I walked through their company website to find potential UX improvements and answered the questions about the experience of establishing a style guide. The 2nd interview was with a designer, and the interview process was almost the same as the 1st round. I thought it went well, too. However, the recruiter told me they decided to move forward with another candidate in the 3rd round. The designer gave the feedback, and he commented that I lack user research experience. During the interview, the designer didn't review my works to learn the breadth and depth of my UX/UI design knowledge and problem-solving approaches. He only asked questions about user research and questions to test my personality. I would be curious to understand how he concluded. If this is a user research role, please hire a user researcher instead of a senior UX/UI designer. Besides the awkward interview experience, the recruiter was still impressed that he quickly moved things forward and kept things transparent.

Interview Questions
  • If you were a furniture what would you be?
    Answer Question
  • Walk through Amazon.com to tell things that you like or don’t like.

Academy Sports + Outdoors

Application

I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors

Interview

Nothing hard at all. After you submit the application online, the hard part is already done. There's no real requirements for the interview. However, I do hate that you have to answer questions on video and are timed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Fayetteville, AR) in Dec 2021

Interview

I Was called for an interview. Showed up and got the job with hardly no questions. I was asked when I could work and if the pay was adequate. If your not working right now, it’s because you don’t want to.

Academy Sports + Outdoors

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors in Nov 2021

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn then contacted by a recruiter. He was really persistent on getting something set up with the hiring manager. He was a little sloppy . I had a virtual teems meeting with hiring manager for about 15 mins and never heard from them again. Interviewer was nice but red flag that the company only shut down for 2 months during the whole pandemic and no hybrid or remote options at all today so i wasn't feeling it.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty casual conversation about relevant experience/day to day duties.

Academy Sports + Outdoors

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors

Interview

Horrible they took me all the way through an interview process and offered me a position. I completed paperwork and got my credentials all for them to regretful inform me their was an error on their part and I wasn’t hired. Don’t waste your time ! I interviewed for over a month with a series of interviews !

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Academy Sports + Outdoors

Application

I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors

Interview

Group interviews, just have good answers and know what your talking about they will hire you . Just be aware of the amount your getting paid do your job and go home

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Houston, TX)

Interview

I submitted my application and received an email with phone interview offer a few days later. The HR guy I talked to was really nice and accommodating on the phone. He asked me to go into the corporate offices for an interview. He explained that I would be speaking with 4 different people who were part of the team. A little over the top but sure - many companies operate the same way. So I go in on the day of the interview (he knew I would be driving over an hour to get there), and I'm left waiting in the lobby 30 minutes past the start time. HR guy comes out and says that one of the people I was going to be talking to is no longer available and that they have to reschedule. What???! I would think if only one of the four is not available, the other 3 could at least make the effort. I was desperate for a job, so I rescheduled. I go in a few days later and speak to each person one at a time. Everyone seemed fine, until I got to the last person I was going to be talking to. I talked to their "Community Relations Manager," who after asking me why I had moved from California to Texas, proceeds to talk himself up for 30 minutes. He tells me that me saying that I was tired of working in entertainment after 7 years and wanted something more stable was unreasonable. "If you can't even handle 7 years in one industry, imagine when you're in this industry for 15 years like I am." I decided then and there that I did not want to work with someone like that. To top it all off, they decided to throw in a surprise at the end and had me speak to the VP. Sure, I thought, they must need her final opinion or something. She didn't even introduce herself. She just sat down and asked me, "What would you do if there was a mass shooting and everyone was blaming us because we sold them the guns?" I guess it was a fair question, but her delivery let a lot to be desired. However, since I was desperate for a job, I went ahead and still thanked everyone for taking the time and waited for them to give me their decision. Keep in mind, I was told I was one of the final candidates. I waited two weeks and not even a response to my follow-up email. I finally get one of those automated emails saying I did not get the job. I know this type of company behavior is "normal" but that does not mean it was right.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if there was a mass shooting and everyone was blaming us because we sold them the guns?

Academy Sports + Outdoors

Application

I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors

Interview

Al principio te preguntan si ya has trabajado en algún lugar parecido antes, luego evalúan tu fluidez con los clientes y si eres apto para el trabajo. Una vez termina la entrevista esperas entre una semana a dos semanas a que te llamen o no

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Shreveport, LA) in Sep 2021

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people and digital assessment. Had to call back because I never heard back. Was told I would get an email with official offer. Finally received one. This process could be streamlined

Interview Questions
  • How do you treat a customer when you are busy?

Academy Sports + Outdoors

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors in Sep 2021

Interview

Within a couple of days of applying I got an invite to take a HireView interview, and a few days after that I got notified about the next interview which would be over the phone, and then a few days after that I was informed of the hiring decision. Overall pretty happy with the speed at which they got things done

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with an equipment malfunction such as your headphones going out while on a call with a customer?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 596 Interviews