KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Academy Sports + Outdoors Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 609 of over 609 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.0
HardAverageEasy

Academy Sports + Outdoors

Application

I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors

Interview

They kept talking about being a family and said that they didn’t want anyone to come in and disrupt their family. I had managerial training but did not want a management position. I told them twice that I just wanted an entry level job and not management. They told me they weren’t interested because they anticipated me wanting to be promoted quickly.

Interview Questions
  • What my reason for applying was
    Answer Question

Academy Sports + Outdoors

Application

I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors

Interview

Fair process and typical of most companies, while hiring for this position. They ensured that my background was a good match and I provided my thoughts on career pathing. Typical interview

Academy Sports + Outdoors

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors

Interview

Very long interview process. Met with different teams in different group. Some managers seemed tired and uninterested in being involved in the interview process. Very repetitive questions as the interviews were rotating and one-on-one. Intended to be a role to be included in new HRBP structure.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Academy Sports + Outdoors

Application

I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors

Interview

A recruiter called and asked about my experience superficially. Then asked my salary expectation. That was it. A 2 minute phone call. I did not hear back for months that I would not move on to the next interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Academy Sports + Outdoors

Application

I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors

Interview

Interview process was straightforward. Interviewers were very clear on what questions they asked and answered questions with good detail. Topics stayed relevant through the full duration of the interview. It was an overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Academy Sports + Outdoors

Application

I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors

Interview

Very standard process with one of the managers and 2nd interview with store director, if manager passed name along as a potential candidate for hire In person & phone interview

Interview Questions
  • Star method used such as scenarios handling different situations

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Katy, TX) in Feb 2022

Interview

Usual screening process with HR. After you've been selected to move on, there are about 3 interview on Teams with the hiring managers on the same day. Found it very casual and non extensive.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about this position? What skills from previous jobs can you apply to this position?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Katy, TX) in Feb 2022

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. Had a phone screen and then had two phone interviews with hiring managers. Eventually led to more phone interviews with leadership. Led to onsite interview with 5 people where I was told it would be the final step. Then had another follow-up interview with the CIO and then two more phone screens with other departments. The entire process lasted 3 months and ended up with Academy completely ghosting me.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of technical questions around infrastructure and disaster recovery.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Katy, TX)

Interview

Phone screening and that’s currently all I know. I’m trying to find information Out about this position and this is making it very difficult. Hopefully I can find something here that I’d helpful

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Academy Sports + Outdoors (Katy, TX)

Interview

There was one phone screen and three interviews with managers & another designer. The phone screen was rapid and straightforward. The 1st interview with the product manager went well. I walked through their company website to find potential UX improvements and answered the questions about the experience of establishing a style guide. The 2nd interview was with a designer, and the interview process was almost the same as the 1st round. I thought it went well, too. However, the recruiter told me they decided to move forward with another candidate in the 3rd round. The designer gave the feedback, and he commented that I lack user research experience. During the interview, the designer didn't review my works to learn the breadth and depth of my UX/UI design knowledge and problem-solving approaches. He only asked questions about user research and questions to test my personality. I would be curious to understand how he concluded. If this is a user research role, please hire a user researcher instead of a senior UX/UI designer. Besides the awkward interview experience, the recruiter was still impressed that he quickly moved things forward and kept things transparent.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 609 Interviews

Academy Sports + Outdoors Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Academy Sports + Outdoors as 69.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.00 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Apparel Sales Associate and Footwear Sales Associate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Sales Associate and Cashier roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Academy Sports + Outdoors takes an average of 13 days when considering 663 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Footwear Sales Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 10 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Academy Sports + Outdoors according to 663 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 30.56%