Activision Blizzard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The whole process was very professional and positive. The Director of TA was great throughout the process. I would highly recommend applying to this company. The are many opportunities and people seem engaged.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

phone interview followed by in person interview. in pe rson interview was a lunch interview and was more about getting to know me. my portfolio was a great help and taken into consideration the most.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

It was a series of interviews one after another from people from different teams.

Interview Questions

• Basic Interview Questions. Strengths, Weaknesses.. I came from a different field so they wanted to know how that translated to this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a salary and they didn't negotiate.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied via a referral and the process took about 10 weeks - to be fair it fell during the holiday season so the time line was actually quite quick considering the seniority level and the fact that this was a newly created role for the team. I found all my interviewers to be well prepared with some really insightful questions. They wanted to know more than what was on the resume and I was impressed by how diverse their backgrounds were as well. My recruiter Richard and coordinator Victor were amazing. They went out of their way to make sure I was well prepared for my meetings and were quick to gather my impressions of the conversations and address any questions or concerns. I felt valued and like part of the family in the best way. The little things matter to me and they took care of every need before I knew I had them!

Overall such a great experience. Activision Biizzard is the best kept secret in tech, more people should be talking about this place!

Interview Questions

• Prepare a 30/60/90 day plan on how you'd approach the challenge of this role?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Brief HR phone interview on your experience and what the role was offering. one on one interview was mostly non-technical and details of the past experience.

Interview Questions

• Experience with tv production technology which i clearly didnt have in my profile   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with 10+ people, two rounds of in person interviews at the office and several phone interviews as well. Pretty standard interview questions about my background, experiences, why I wanted to make a move, etc.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Was called by the talent manager, then interviewed from the VP of the branch to senior level colleagues. I was asked several questions on my experience, how I would act in several circumstances, what my past experience was.

Interview Questions

• No tricky questions, just a lengthy review of my qualifications and what I could contribute to the team and the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was lower than I asked, but they offered a sign-in bonus and performance based bonuses, that usually you never get, as much of your work depends on factors beyond your control. After the interview I waited for almost two months before I was contacted again for an offer.

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard.

Interview

Interview with two people. It was really chill. More of a conversation than a traditional interview. It was a pretty good expeteince. The company headquater is really awesome. It was a nerd heaven.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

After being approved for their interview process, me and maybe 40 other people all went into a screening process where we were tested on what we would do in certain situations. Along with an actual video game testing test (heh), where the interviewees had to write down what they found wrong with the video game. The test is not difficult. If you've played some games over the years, you generally know how things are supposed to look like. There are many obvious glitches and imperfections on the test they give you.

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

They ask you basic questions such as your experience with video games, and beta testing. They have two levels of the interview. They bring you in together and take you in one-by-one to be interviewed by one of the more experienced testers, then they bring you into interview with the Lead QA. There were a large group of people, so try to be first so you will be memorable.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to make a PB&J sandwich.   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with video games?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was set up around 2 weeks after I applied. They host job interviews in large groups and I was one of around 30-40 people to interview for around 15 -20 available positions. Frankly the process felt high pressure because of the volume of applicants. One week after the interview I received a job offer. They were mostly interested in finding out if interviewees weren't just gamers looking to get paid at an easy job.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself a good problem solver?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time you made a mistake, how did you handle it?   Answer Question