Activision Blizzard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Activision Blizzard Interview Questions

Interviews at Activision Blizzard

Senior Business Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Everything was really professional. I was flown out to Irvine and they comped me in a nice hotel. They also give out lots of awesome swag! The process itself is very thorough, they put you through a gauntlet of interviews as well as a final project case study.

Interview Questions

• What are both the opportunities and challenges you see facing the company at the moment?   1 Answer

Transformation and Productivity Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

The process was good, no pain points at all. Very impressed by the leadership team, detailed questions about the “how”. I loved the energy of the people I met with.

Interview Questions

• How do you build a culture of transformation?   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (San Francisco, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after applying online. Gave my availability over email, and decided on a date. The phone screen lasted 45 minutes but the conversation was pretty good regarding the expectations of the role, the volume of work, the working environment, etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you play any games?   1 Answer
    • What was the candidate volume you were working with in your last role?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Interview process was disorganized and can’t believe that one of the principal engineers was asking me technical questions i.e tech architecture of the project I led. Will never interview in this company ever!!!

Interview Questions

• Questions related to product strategy, ad tech, KPIs and past experience   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard in August 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me after applying through LinkedIn. They asked for me to select a time that works best for a phone interview, and to provide my cell phone number. After confirming through the site provided by the recruiter, I followed up via email as well to confirm my selected time frame. Time comes for my phone interview, I do not receive a call, so I call with a number I was provided with as well by the recruiter. I get the recruiters voicemail and leave a very pleasant message letting them know I’m available as scheduled. I do not receive a call. I follow up via email to check in on when I will receive a call back. Nothing back. Follow up at the end of the day asking if they wanted to reschedule. Once again, nothing back. Overall, I am completely shocked at the complete lack of professionalism I have experienced.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (San Francisco, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

A consultant forwarded resume in May 2019 for a contracting role and after a week or so attended a phone interview. The phone interview was good but did not hear back from them on the next steps or feedback. I felt I watsed my time interviewing here.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard.

Interview

A recruiter reached out for a screening on LinkedIn. It was a phone screen and he seemed super interested in me and asked questions on my joining date, salary expectation etc. Within a day, he set up an interview with the hiring manager. After the HM interview, the HM sent me a bunch of case questions to solve that focused on that role. I spent ~50 hours solving the case questions and wrote a blog article to outlining my research. The HM gave me no timeline for next steps but instead asked me to inform when I was ready for the next rounds. I informed the HM that I want to do the next round and he asked me to schedule the interview with the recruiter. The recruiter did not respond a few times even though he started the whole interview process. When he did respond, he asked me to send my availability for the interview. I sent immediately and after that I never heard from him. I followed up a few more times afterwards, but he completely ghosted me. He did not even inform me that they are not moving forward with me. It was an absolute worst experience as I spent nearly ~70 hours preparing for the interviews and countless hours waiting for them to get back. Utterly disrespectful to candidate's time. I lost all the respect for the company even though I am a big fan of their games.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Eden Prairie, MN) in April 2019.

Interview

The interviewing process went smoothly, we set up a phone call as I was out of state, and I received an email later the next day with an offer for the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me step by step instructions on how to make a Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich?   2 Answers

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (San Francisco, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Call from recruiter, answered and he described the role. I then described my experience. Seemed like a great match. Two days later, they decided not to pursue the role any longer.

Accounting Interview

Interview

First a 30-minute phone interview with the recruiter and then the interview on site including a lunch with professionals. Onsite interview includes two interviews with two professionals from finance department.