Activision Blizzard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was 30 minutes behavioral and 30 minutes technical interview with two separate interviewers. My behavioral interview was with a game designer, and we primarily talked about games and past projects. The technical interview was on a lot of C++ and CPU topics.

Interview Questions

• They asked about an AI game player project from my freshman year.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The whole process was very professional and positive. The Director of TA was great throughout the process. I would highly recommend applying to this company. The are many opportunities and people seem engaged.

SWE Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard.

Interview

Applied online, then received phone interview where I was asked to describe my past projects and some OOP concepts. Make sure that you can describe previous projects in detail. Probably helps to be familiar with whatever games the studio you are interviewing with has worked on.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was set up around 2 weeks after I applied. They host job interviews in large groups and I was one of around 30-40 people to interview for around 15 -20 available positions. Frankly the process felt high pressure because of the volume of applicants. One week after the interview I received a job offer. They were mostly interested in finding out if interviewees weren't just gamers looking to get paid at an easy job.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself a good problem solver?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time you made a mistake, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard.

Interview

Interview with two people. It was really chill. More of a conversation than a traditional interview. It was a pretty good expeteince. The company headquater is really awesome. It was a nerd heaven.

Strategy Role Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard.

Interview

I was set-up with an interview with the Strategy team, after being referred by someone. Fortunately I didn't have to get screened by HR initially. My interview was over the phone with a fairly senior person. I spent a lot of time preparing for this interview, speaking to friends in the industry, reading up on research and gathering insights.

The interviewer was very terse and direct, which was fine, although I find phone interviews to be difficult at the best of times because you have no visual cues. So his approach made it even more awkward. Not sure why they wouldn't bring me into the office.

Questions revolved around the company strategy, what I thought of it, things they should/could be doing and a discussion of my background and how it fit. Certainly some questions I handled better than others - it wasn't my best interview, just ok.

I was held to a strict 30 minutes and certainly felt rushed trying to touch on what were very large and complex issues facing the company. I had no time for questions of my own. I was told they would get back to me with further steps, but was offered no contact information. I never heard a word from the company or my referral person.

It's a shame that companies feel they can treat candidates with such disrespect, especially when so much effort is put forth to prepare. What I heard was that the role has been open for a while, so clearly they are having trouble finding the right person. Based on my (limited) experience with this company, being treated as completely expendible, it didn't strike me as a place to focus on.

Interview Questions

• Discussion of strategic issues - you will need to do your research   Answer Question

Marketing Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was more technical than I expected. Although I was prepared for technical questions, I expected to lead a team with the technical ability. The interview also included a presentation the the entire group that interviewed you. What I liked about the interview was that they knew what they were looking for in terms of technical experience. This made the decision process easier because you knew after the interview if this was something you want to do.

Interview Questions

• How many models have you created?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any presentations you can share with the interviewers?   Answer Question
    • What datasets do you think are the most important in the video game industry?   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

They ask you basic questions such as your experience with video games, and beta testing. They have two levels of the interview. They bring you in together and take you in one-by-one to be interviewed by one of the more experienced testers, then they bring you into interview with the Lead QA. There were a large group of people, so try to be first so you will be memorable.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to make a PB&J sandwich.   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with video games?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard.

Interview

1. Applied Online - also got referred through a former employee -
    2. Received a phone call for a recruiter screening
    3. Got invited for an in person interview with 3 people
    4. Got invited back to meet with 3 additional people
    5. Received the offer.

In total this took about 5 weeks, with the first 3 steps going pretty quickly and then a few weeks of waiting, after the last interview round it took 2 weeks to get the offer letter. Throughout all of it, the recruiter was very accessible and kept me well informed.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, interviewers ask a view situational and behavioral questions that shouldn't be to shocking if you have the right experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate - didn't feel the need for it, I felt the salary offered was fair.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with 10+ people, two rounds of in person interviews at the office and several phone interviews as well. Pretty standard interview questions about my background, experiences, why I wanted to make a move, etc.