Albertsons Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Albertsons Companies

1.9

1. Featured Interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Albertsons Companies.

Interview

The interview was very short, less than fifteen minutes. Only asked a few questions. The manager viewed different aspects of the job and asked if I was comfortable with that. Asked me to describe my previous experience. A drug test was required.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Albertsons Companies.

Interview

They sit you down with management and go over some goals that you have and why you want to work at the store they also will go over the type of hours that you could see yourself working.

Interview Questions

• How many hours do you see yourself working? Are you able to work during the holidays?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Albertsons Companies (Pleasanton, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

- Talked to a recruiter who was friendly went through details about the company and my resume
    - Talked to the hiring manager. Hiring manager was unprepared (hadn't looked at my resume) and super arrogant and judged me based upon silly questions.

Recipe Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Albertsons Companies in July 2019.

Interview

First-step interview, over the phone. The employee was nice and we has a good, casual conversation. We chatted about the position details, what working at the company is like, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Albertsons Companies (Corona, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

I went into the store after having filled out an online application and spoke to a manager. He was extremely rude. He talked over my answers to his questions, and made it clear he thought I was being dishonest when I told him I lived in the area but didn't know anyone currently working in the store. He also insinuated he was unwilling to hire someone who would eventually need to work around a college class schedule. He was overtly noncommittal about looking up my online application, and literally said "I have better things to do today, but I'll be here tomorrow if you need to get ahold of me." I thanked him for his time, shook his hand and left.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

The interview process was smooth and easy. The person who interviewed me was very friendly and asked about my community involvement. It was not overly formal. Overall, the process went well and I thought the interview was very manageable.

Product Manager - Own Brands Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Albertsons Companies.

Interview

I had worked for the company prior for 13 years at Safeway Corporate and later with Albertsons Corporate, having interviews and hired many people for this company.

I warn you, it’s hard to get hired here as they love to promote upwards only from an entry level position. But if you do get an interview as an outside candidate you’re likely wasting your time as the hiring managers won’t bother to review your resume, or more importantly give you a fair shot. They have a unqualified internal candidate they’re going to promote.

More scary is the interview questions are scripted where the hiring manager select a few same questions to ask all candidates, really lame ones too. It becomes how best can you answer 6-8 ridiculous questions with example, result and outcome...they are trained to only listen for this...so leave your personality out of it they don’t care. No need to explain who YOU are and your awesome background. If they are listening at all...they have someone in mind already.

Lol not bitter, just passing along valuable intel, and super glad I didn’t get an offer, don’t what I was thinking. Lol

Just reminded me how bad Albertsons altogether and grocery industry sucks!!! Better places to make a career!

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Albertsons Companies in April 2019.

Interview

This was the easiest interview I have done. Very basic questions that where straight to the point. They didnt ask any trick questions, which made me feel alot more confident.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Albertsons Companies (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with a recruiter followed by a video conference interview with the hiring manager from the IT department. The job description was vague so it was difficult to brush up on the kind of technologies being asked about during the interview. Overall, an easy process and friendly interviewers.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Albertsons Companies.

Interview

Met with store manager who was very friendly and thorough. Explained job function and store hours. Offered me position and explained next step. Asked about full time or partime told him I wanted as many as I could get.