Alexander Open Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2017

2.5

NOC Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Open Systems (Olathe, KS) in March 2016.

Interview

Laid back with 2 other people. Assistant manager and Manager of the whole Network Operations Center. Great interview, didn't last long, very easy going. They went over my resume. Only thing they didnt like was my lack of experience with customers over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Asked about where Ive worked, how did I get certain amount of experience, what do I expect from the company. How do I plan on advancing. Asked what certifications did I have. Was I willing to work weird hours.   Answer Question

Datacenter Design Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Open Systems (Tulsa, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

Referred by placement agency. Interviewed with direct hire manager, sales VP, engineering VP and region President. Multiple interviews by phone, by video conference, and in person, both one-on-one and group. Significant discussion about my previous positions and skill set, as well as cultural questions. Was extended an offer after four interviews and multiple email exchanges and a check of my references.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my pre-sales experience and engagement model in previous roles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no willingness on their part to negotiate, which I was extremely disappointed about, but in the end I accepted the offer based on the picture they painted of the company and the opportunity.

Business to Business Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alexander Open Systems (Overland Park, KS) in September 2013.

Interview

A Recruiter reached out to me after retrieving my information from Indeed.com. We had a 30 minute telephone interview. About a week later, we met face to face for approximately 45 minutes. In between that time, there were a series of emails going back and forth. Later I was scheduled for yet another interview with A Manager of the Collection department. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and I felt that it went very well.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was smooth and I felt it went very well.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Alexander Open Systems in May 2013.

Interview

Typical - spoke on the phone a few times, met in person a few times, met with a few people different times, worked on an offer, accepted offer and went to work.

Interview Questions

• How much does your salary need to be   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alexander Open Systems (Moline, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Multiple interview that included VP of Sales, Regional President and finally Thatcher Alexander, one of the owners. They were very interested in what accounts I could bring to AOS.

Interview Questions

• Describe my sales process.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty much tell you how great AOS is and all the benefits of working here. Don't ask any technical questions nor try to quantify the expertise. Just try to find out if you are a "fit" for the company, not necessarily for the job.

Negotiation

They will low ball you on the offer. Remember there is a range and they will offer you the bottom.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Alexander Open Systems in February 2008.

Interview

I was referred to AOS by an old manager. Once I had my in person interview with the president of the region, I then had two technical phone interviews with engineers out of Kansas City. No hard hitting questions were asked. Some basic questions about willingness to travel with the president and very basic technical questions from the engineers.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult questions. The technical interview stayed around CCNA level questions, which was very basic for the position. I think they were really needing someone, because not much effort was put into vetting me.   Answer Question