AllianceBernstein Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AllianceBernstein

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview

Two phone calls, the first one was with HR and the second phone call was with a current associate. After those, a superday that consisted of 6 45 minutes interviews in the office.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through a recruiter. Had an initial interview (some technical questions) and then another one (more technical questions). The questions were not that hard. If you know basic excel and other MS Office functions, then it was okay.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

My experience was relatively fast, met with 3 senior level managers within a week and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Who has been your mentor and greatest key to success and why?!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

behavioral questions, i.e. how do you deal with differences in opinions between group members, tell me about a time you overcame an issue, why would you be good in this position. Met with 2 interviewers for about 30-45 minutes each; very friendly and upbeat and seemed to enjoy the firm very much.

Interview Questions

• Not any technical questions, just broad market questions and sales questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met with multiple members of the team; almost all were informative and friendly. (I think maybe one guy was just awkward?) Various ages of employees and seems to have quick upward mobility for people regardless of experience (more about talent).

Interview Questions

• What will the biggest challenge of this job be for you?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

This firm recruits on my campus so first round interview is on campus 30 minute interview. After that, they call you within a day or two to schedule a superday on site. The whole process took less than 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very disorganized and at times unprofessional. The process was very long and wasn't really efficient. The recruiter was bad at giving updates and I constantly had to chase him/her for more. Writing maybe 2 or 3 emails for status updates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to work on a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

On Campus then in person. On campus was a 2 on 1 interview walking through a market sizing question and solving a case. Walked through my summer experiences and the way that I think about investing. Asked behavioral questions about strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through how you think about this investment (case study)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied through campus from an ivy league target school. One campus interview followed by a superday in NY. The campus interview was 1 on 1, great conversation about macro and fixed income. Superday consisted of 4 individual interviews. The 1st interviewer was a Sr. VP, and he was disgusting. It was so bad, I immediately lost interest in the firm. Even though the 3 next people were very nice, I could not consider this firm any longer. How can someone so unprofessional get up to a Sr. VP position? Speaks volume about the firm.
    I was not the only one feeling the same. There was another interviewee who shared his concern regarding that same interviewer.

Interview Questions

AllianceBernstein Response

Nov 9, 2018 – Project Manager

Thank you for your honest feedback. We take this kind of feedback very seriously, and will launch an internal review of where in the process mistakes were made. We’ll work hard to correct them. We... More

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview

Three step interview process, with other associates, associate manager, and senior management. Mostly personality based questions, not highly technical. Overall, a fairly positive experience, without being overly intimidating or aggressive.

Interview Questions

• If you were extended an offer, why wouldn't you take it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was very long and drawn out and company didn't seem to have a direction. The company is known for "throwing stuff against a wall and seeing what sticks."