AllianceBernstein Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AllianceBernstein Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.9

Business Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview

Had a phone conversation with a clearly junior, inexperienced and unprofessional recruiter. Came in a few days later to interview with two senior folks on the team, both of whom seemed like they'd rather be anywhere else than interviewing me. Asked questions to purposely trip me up and that were not remotely related to the job I was interviewing for. Was told they'd move the process along quickly, and still haven't heard anything back (even after reaching out to said recruiter).

DC Client Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR representative followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next, I had a phone interview with a peer that I would be working alongside. Next, it was an onsite all day round of meetings with 6 of the managers, product owners, and senior management.

Interview Questions

• When do you experience a situation of showing attention to detail?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. She asked if we could chat the next day, and I gave her a time that worked for me. No response. The day comes and goes with no phone call at the scheduled time. I reached out asking if rescheduling the phone screen worked for her (assuming she simply forgot about our previously scheduled time), but I got no response to that email as well. I guess she ghosted me!

At least the interview was very easy.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I recall going into the building and being greeted by a manager. I was taken to the floor where the "work" was happening. I was given a tour and brought into an office with 2 managers. Typical interview questions.

Private Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview. Basic interview 101 questions. Went over resume then questions were asked. Did not take longer than 45 minutes. Pleasant overall experience and nothing poor to say regarding it. It would be a good company to work for given the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you made a mistake and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Private Wealth Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Entirely too long of a process. Small firm that thinks a little too highly of themselves. First round was a phone call, pretty brief and straight forward. Second round was in person consisting of 3 interviews with 2 associates at a time. Behaviorial based questions, they'll also ask general questions about the market. Recieved a call back for a third round, again entirely too long of a process. Third round was just lunch with the associates who interviewed me. You'll sit in the conference room and eat dry salads with those weirdos as they attempt to make casual conversation and still probe your brain. Received positive feedback initially, then they disappeared for a couple of weeks and went with someone else. Overall huge waste of my time for a crap firm.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein.

Interview

I Met with about five different younger associates 30 minutes each. Most of them were very laid back. All in all a long day. Mostly behavioral questions and more firm specific. Important to know resume

Interview Questions

• Walk me through something very complicated in simple terms   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter, and asked basic screening questions. Few minutes after call she scheduled a technical phone interview which was a week later.

The interviewer wasn't enthusiastic at all. I tried to talk but didn't get anything from him. Like they don't even care that its an interview. Just want to get it over with and go home attitude. Seemed like a sleepy company. Turned me off.

Got rejected a week later.

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein in March 2017.

Interview

Disorganized and unprofessional. I had an 8:30 a.m. appointment and arrived in the lobby just minutes before. There was no receptionist. I understand I was probably the first person, but shouldn't the receptionist arrive before the interviewee?

I saw one of the interviewers in the lobby/elevator and the person told me we were supposed to meet later. Well, that person never showed up. I had also written down 4 names and they rotated one other person without giving me any notice.

For a company who is allegedly supposed to be so great, these were not good first impressions. Also, the place sounded absolutely miserable for the (low) compensation. Totally not worth it. Was going to the interview as a favor but made me appreciate where I currently am.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were presented with...(insert problem)?   Answer Question

Associate Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AllianceBernstein (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was rather rigorous. First step was a telephonic interview with HR. Asked me all sorts of general questions from walk me through your CV to why do you want to work for AB. Do you have experience working with derivatives.

The second round was an in house super day where I met with my potential manager and three other VP - APMs. 30 minutes were allotted to each. Questions were not too complicated. Some brain teasers and general questions ranging from how I have dealt with difficult people at work to how I manage my time efficiently.

Third round was with 3 portfolio managers and the managing director of Muni bonds. The process was tiring but in general I had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• If the cost of a ball and a bat was $1.10 and the cost of the ball is $1 more than the ball. What is the cost of each item?

How many times does the number 3 repeat between 0 to 500?

Let's make a deal - pick one door from three. and then you have an option to swap doors. Would you open it?   1 Answer