Altera Advanced Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altera Advanced Design Engineer Interview Questions

4.0

Advanced Design Engineer Interview

Interview

1 phone screen followed by onsite interviews

Other Interview Reviews for Altera

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Met at career fair, gave resume and told interests...A few weeks later got a call from them, set up a phone interview. The phone interview went well: learned about the product line, the interviewer asked about my interests and a few things about my resume. At the end asked a digital design question rebuilding a flip flop using additional logic. The next week was asked to come in for on site interview. The onsite interview was about 4 hours, interviewed with 6 people for about 45 minutes each (1 behavioral, 4 technical, then met with HR), then gave a 20 minute presentation at the end on a project I had previously done. Got a call the next day offering the position. Really nice people.

Interview Questions

• Design in hardware a random number generator   1 Answer
    • Design an and/or gate from a 2-1 mux   1 Answer
    • How to tell if a linked list loops back to itself   1 Answer
    • Simplify the given logic schematic   1 Answer
    • Using a binary tree, write code to find how many nodes are in the given range   Answer Question

Negotiation

Let them know other offers, they beat them

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on site. Lots of rounds of interviews. At the end there will be a presentation to see how well you communicate.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you digital design questions that are tricky and tough to solve in 45 mins. They dont expect the correct answer but expect you to go in the right direction in solving the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt since I was an NCG. But you need to get one or two offers and then negotiate.

Advanced Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round contained two interviewers. First interviewer asked one big algorithm development question. Second interviewer asked several smaller software, algorithms, and digital hardware questions.

Second round consisted of 6 different interviews with different managers from different teams. Questions ranged from software, digital hardware and transistor modelling. Most emphasis was on software and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of stock prices throughout a day, develop and algorithm that finds the optimal point to buy and sell the stock given you can only buy and sell once.   2 Answers