AmeriCorps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AmeriCorps

2.4

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

You have to write short essays before applying to any opportunity. The essays are brief. Once this is done you can go ahead and apply for any available position nation wide.

Construction Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (New Orleans, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

An interview was set up upon call of inquiry. I was asked to come in for further information and analysis. When I arrived, I sat in an office with the offices feild supervisor & instructors; who you'd spend most your time with. After some mild questions, I received a tour of the facility and an overview of it's functions within.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll mind getting dirty?   2 Answers

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Tacoma, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from one of the supervisors wanting to schedule me for an interview. They were flexible and offered Skype or a phone-interview in-lieu of an in-person interview. Thankfully this position was local for me, so I sat in front of a four person panel and answered basic questions about my relevant work experience. It was a friendly atmosphere overall. I only had the initial interview before I was offered the position and it didn't start until about 3-4 weeks later at the first of the next month.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever developed and implemented a communication campaign?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Sacramento, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

For NCCC you first fill out an online application, you must submit a personal statement and a couple of references. You also must answer questions. The phone interview was relatively easy, and relaxed. They ask you a couple of questions about team work and your work ethic. They ask for examples and then you wait. You may get a phone call later from an Alumni or someone in the corps that asks you if you have any questions about the program.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a problem with a member of your team?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You are not able to negotiate

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Phone call. Yes or nos. Applied online different jobs created 1 application. Age restrictuons for nccc. Way to get into FEMA. Must enjoy team work. Can help pay for school. Ayd room board and basic health coverage.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable living and working with people in close proximity and rustic conditions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Scranton, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

One would apply online and wait to receive a call. They call you once and ask questions about how you would handle situations. The process getting in to this service program is very easy and requires very little qualifications.

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in November 2014.

Interview

I was asked about ten simple yes/no questions such as are you ok with working away from home ect. Basically questions on whether you're ok with how the program is run.

Anonymous Employee in Simsbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Simsbury, CT) in April 2014.

Interview

They do the interview over the phone except its not an interview they ask you ten questions and you answer yes or no. There's an application process which you fill out online. The application will ask you to write an essay about why you want to serve with Americorps NCCC, what your skills are as well as ask about prior community service.

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in January 2009.

Interview

Once you apply through the AmeriCorps website, they do an initial short phone interview (lasting about 15-20 mins). After you have passed the original interview (consisting mainly of why you are interested in this position and just going over the background the what they expect form candidates), they will call back and let you know if you have been selected for another interview. This next interview is done over the phone (lasting about 40 - 60 mins). This interview will give you a few scenarios and then some more typical interview questions (i.e. how are you working on a team? how do you like diversity? how are you working with a person that you have a conflict with). Once that interview is done, you sit back and patiently wait to either get the big acceptance envelope, or the small wait-list/rejected envelope.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase; they tell you when you are expected to leave (mine was the first of February) and then a few weeks before you leave, they provide the flight of transportation information.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Rochester, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied online and after a week, was contacted for an in-person email. The applications are scored and those who pass a certain threshold are given interviews. The in-person interview went for about 30 minutes and most questions were pretty straight-forward. They wanted to make sure you were in it for the right reasons, make sure that you understood that you would be making very little money and that you could live on it, and had a lot of flexibility. Within 2 days, I received a job offer and was given 2 weeks to accept or deny.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most difficult part of working with populations unlike your own?   1 Answer