AmeriCorps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AmeriCorps

2.4

Literacy Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2020.

Interview

Super fast and quick responses. Easy interview about why you want to be an americorps member. All of this was online due to COVID-19. The second interview was on google meet. Then I was offered the position the next day.

Student Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Detroit, MI) in July 2020.

Interview

First interview lasted 40 minutes, second one lasted around 20. The first one was with a supervisor, second was with the supervisor and the head of the local attendance program

Interview Questions

• What personal identities may impact your work?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

It was a phone interview, very relaxed and not a lot of pressure. The interviewer is very easy to talk to and gave a lot of information about the position and the area

Vista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Super easy. Submitted application through online process, they reached out to me individually to have a phone interview and then I was called for an in person interview. Finally they extend the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   2 Answers

Vista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Smooth, two part. One was the initial screening with the VISTA sponsor. The other was an interview with you potential org. I was abroad, so they were very flexible for both interviews and allowed me to use online platforms such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an AmeriCorps VISTA?   1 Answer

Vista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

I had a phone call interview with hiring team and Americorps staff, at least 5 people were in the room and each asked questions. They asked pretty standard interview questions like work style and how you'd deal with work place situations as well as about my long-term goals. Overall fairly easy and no curve ball questions, but that could vary widely depending on where exactly you interview

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced in the work place and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, the first with the americorps program and then with the site leaders. Pretty straight forward conversation about life goals, why you want to do the program, what you hope to get out of it, previous experiences and skills, ect. The second interview was more specific to the organization I worked with-- an overview of their organization, the expectations and my skills.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   3 Answers

Family Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Childersburg, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Childersburg, AL).

Interview

Quick, knowledgeable and friendly. I really had to prepare myself for this interview and I’ve never actually been nervous about any interview. My skills, experience and education was evaluated during this process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Phone interview with basic scenarios and judgements call. It was a fairly simple interview with 2 staff members talking to you. Lasted around 25 minutes with questions at the end. Have questions read about general or specific things.

Interview Questions

• You see an underage corps members drinking at a bar. What do you do?   1 Answer

FEMA Corps Member Interview

Interview

There is no real interview. There was a Short Phone Call with YES/NO questions. The main thing they want to know if you are willing to do all the things that are required to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to live in adverse conditions?   1 Answer