AmeriCorps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

AmeriCorps Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first was a phone interview with an office intern. The second was an in person interview with my potential supervisor. This interview was conducted over a year ago the process has since then changed. I have heard that the branch now requires a short oral presentation on behalf of the interviewee and a group interview.

Interview Questions

• If you are working with a student who has a significantly different background than yourself, how would you approach them?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict in groups?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working within the Promise Zone? (or any version of why do you want to work in an impoverished community)   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress? (or how do you do self-care)   Answer Question
    • What is your process for handling multiple things at once?   Answer Question
    • What social issue are you passionate about and why   Answer Question

Vista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Bloomington, IN) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple. The first regional manager I talked to seem to have her head on straight. The second team leader manager wasn't so great. She asked interview questions that the regional manager had asked before and it didn't show that she was given any information about the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Americorps VISTA?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to work in a group/ make deadlines.   Answer Question
    • If I called your last employer, what would they say about you?   Answer Question
    • What are qualities that you think are essential to a manager?   1 Answer
    • What inspires you to do your work?   Answer Question

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

One-on-one interview with a senior HR member. Not stressful and no need to "prove oneself." It's just a matter of showing you care about serving deserving students and that you can handle the job/year.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

I was called in and interviewed by two employees of the organization I would be working for. They asked me about my qualifications for the specific duties listed on the job application, so this will vary from person to person.

They asked me if I was okay getting so little money (it is a very measly pay-which I knew going in).

Community Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Houston, TX).

Interview

Group interview, but it was so unorganized and the interviewers were late and confused on how they even wanted to interview everybody. They asked the same 19 questions from what seemed to be a google doc and they all weren't even aware of how to work it. I could also see some scores for certain candidates as they interviewed. It was awful. It lasted maybe 3 hours for no reason. Nobody knew how they even wanted the interviews to go.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions ?   1 Answer

Interview

first you get a phone call which is about 20 mins. then face to face interview about 30 mins with two interviewers. Overall it is pretty good. they make you feel welcoming. Theinterview went well. It didnt take long to get back from them.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Applied online and got called for a phone interview a week later. I then had a follow-up interview. It took about 1-2 weeks for them to hear back. I had general interview questions on why I was doing AmeriCorps and to see whether I would be a good fit for the org.

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Long Is City, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

For a VISTA position, I had about an hour long interview that felt personal and like a real conversation with my interviewer. It was a welcoming environment and felt they really listened to what you had to say. They also write down your answers to send to Americorps offices.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

I was asked very basic questions about my work style and my ability to interact with others. It was not a particularly lengthy interview process and the environment where I was interviewing felt very welcoming.

Vista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in May 2017.

Interview

I had an phone interview. Maybe because I've already done Americorps back a decade ago, but it was really bad. The screener seemed to hate me for some reason.