AmeriCorps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AmeriCorps Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.5

Vista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in May 2017.

Interview

I had an phone interview. Maybe because I've already done Americorps back a decade ago, but it was really bad. The screener seemed to hate me for some reason.

Interview Questions

Interview

Excellent and very detailed - received great information on the upcoming service year. Benefits were clearly explained as well. I was impressed by how the interviewer responded to my answers and he seemed to make the interview feel very casual.

Summer Reads Vista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Information session
    Group discussion ( This is your time to shine!) One of the questions were what issues are you faced with as a pair after a reading a challenge prompt (You'll be working in a pair)
    One on one interview with two other people

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and you goals relating to having this work experience
      Why are you interested in working for summer reads?
      What experience do you have working with kids?
      Alot of situational questions about how you will handle certain situations that arise with kids
      Ask questions at the end when they ask do you have any
      1 Answer

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

Interview process is phone interview where your background in service is discussed, interest, and previous work experience. It is very welcoming and open interview that makes interviewee feel comfortable communicating with interviewer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmeriCorps in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few weeks later! Then a small phone interview ensued and I was offered the job. I accepted on the Americorps website and my orientation was the next week!

Interview Questions

• Are you aware about the small pay?   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consisted of a three part process. First, a phone screening, followed by a group interview with three people. The final step was a phone call interview with the Executive Director.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with Spanish-speaking populations?   Answer Question

City Year Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Online app is pretty easy, couple of essays, background info, recommendations

It seems some people may have 2 interviews, I only had one by phone. Look up past questions on glassdoor and you should be good to go.
    Also keep your answers concise, and make sure that you answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff, what is your proudest accomplishment....   Answer Question

Americorps ACE Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Santa Cruz, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and had a phone interview a few days later. The interview felt much more like a lecture than most. The majority of time was time was spent informing me about the ins and outs of the job rather than a typical Q&A style interview. Overall the interview was very helpful, as the culture and expectations of crew members (both on and off duty) are much different than I had anticipated based on the initial job posting.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions:
      Explain a difficult situation that you had while at work. What steps did you take to remedy it?
      What does professionalism mean to you?
      What experience do you have performing physical labor?
      Answer Question

Land Steward Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaylord, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AmeriCorps (Gaylord, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Went through the process of the job responsibilities and how I would react in certain situations on a given project. Most questions related on how I could relate some of the challenges of the job could relate to past experiences. The interview overall felt fine; there were questions that I answered well on and some that I did not know how to answer or messed up on completely

Interview Questions

• If you had trouble contacting someone, how or what would you do in order to get into contact or leave a message for them?   Answer Question

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview

I applied online and was then called in for an in-person interview about two weeks after applying. I met in an office with a three person board and was asked to present real life examples of various situations. Upon accepting their employment offer, I was asked to complete various online trainings and surveys before being fully hired on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were in a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question