American Bar Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Bar Association

2.7

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The ABA is a professional organization with highly professional employees. The interview process was formal, well organized, and clearly communicated. Everyone I met was friendly, articulate, and professional. I would have fit into the culture perfectly, as I am dedicated to whatever job I accept.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how my work experience would fit into the job requirements. All of the questions were well thought out, clear, and with purpose..   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online, was called in for interview. Met first with HR personnel and spent an hour including pysch profile questions, and then taken to meet Supervisor and his boss. Was offered position almost immediately thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Given verbal HR Pyschometric Test. Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

First Applied Online to the Government and public sector law division. Then I was contacted via email to come into the office. The office interview was very casual and a walk through my resume. It was with 3 people from their current staff.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was good. They greeted me and asked me to talk about myself. Then they asked me why I was interested in interning there. Then they talked about the American bar association and the project they were working on. Then they asked me what skills I have to contribute to the project. Then they said they would get back to me within 3-5 days and they did just that.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

Two interviews. Phone and in person. Usual interview questions. Getting to know you and how your skills relate with the job. Second round interview was very specific to the team id be working with. They were really nice and helped me stay calm during the entire interview.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewer was very casual but appeared disinterested or distracted. She kept checking her cell phone and her computer monitor. Called in for interview 2 months after submitting application. Overall I felt as if this interview was a learning opportunity. Even though the interview was not engaging, I realized that I could do much better as well.

Interview Questions

• What achievement am I most proud of?
      What book did I read last?   1 Answer

Meeting Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Bar Association.

Interview

It was very quick. There was a screening interview, then an interview the hiring manager, and then a final interview with the team. I wish I would have asked more about the culture. If I would have, I wouldn't have accepted this position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had three interviews total, one phone, and two in person. They all went great but took a lot of time between getting each one scheduled. It took a total of 3 months to receive an offer, so be patient.

Interview Questions

• I was asked solution scenario questions, like if you had to schedule 20 people for training how would you approach it.   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Bar Association.

Interview

Working with HR can be a bit challenging. It isn't unusual for HR to not be on the same page as the hiring entity. General phone screen, in-person interview with recruiter, followed by interview with hiring entity. Every interview with the hiring entity is different. The initial questions are simple and basic.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was quick and almost not worth the time to drive downtown. Nothing special and kind of robotic - HR just walking through the process. I felt like she was either tired or uninterested.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for this position?   1 Answer