Amerisure Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amerisure Interview Questions

Interviews at Amerisure

3.3

Claims Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amerisure in April 2017.

Interview

Long and fairly drawn out process. Brief interview with HR followed by 3 separate hour long phone interviews with various levels of management, followed by on line assessment and then an in person panel interview. About a month from beginning to end.

I was enthusiastic and encouraged after each step and until the in person interview. It became immediately clear that this was really a technical claims supervisor position and the company was looking for the closest possible match to the other existing supervisors. They eventually hired an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Mid to high level of difficulty. Several situational questions (describe a difficult claim that you recently handled, describe a conflict you had and how you addressed it), several technical questions regarding recent legislative changes. Not much filler or going over your resume.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amerisure (Oxford, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed following a career fair. I had a 45 minute 1:1 interview that went well. I got a follow up call that night and joined my interviewer for dinner. Following - I received a phone call to take a personality test and fax over my transcripts. I did so, and followed up twice and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What is something you have overcome academically that you did not know how to do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amerisure.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and then went to the office for a day of in person interviews with management from different departments.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where I encountered an obstacle and was not able to resolve it. What were your next moves?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Place, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amerisure (La Place, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

Depends on how you look at it. Glass half full or empty? Process was a bit scatter-brained. Seems like they aren't sure about a lot of things, in serious transition (from "old" amerisure Vs new exec regime trying to reshape the company their way), and/or are not in tune with details of their recruitment lifecycle. From my perspective, the recruitment and interview process is a two way street. Prospect and company making a "good fit" decision about each other. Being respectful both ways is my preferred approach. 3/4 of the way thru the process I knew Amerisure wasn't the right fit for me (at this time). Initial interview with recruiter/HR, LOTS of back and forth phone calls with HR, emails, more emails, more phone calls, making appts, cancelling, rescheduling. Kind of felt like I was being strung along. Panel interviews with travel. Kind of tacky for Amerisure not to pay for travel expenses when the company is the one making the request. I'm assuming this was not intentional, but rather an oversight due to scattered process. Either way, still tacky. Extremely thorough though, which in the end was helpful from my perspective. The longer the process continued, I was able to have more in depth conversations and see behind the curtains (so to speak). I had a lot of respect for some of the executives. 70% of the people were great!! Others...not so much. Hard to explain why, but it was helpful to take deeper dives with the people you would potentially be working with. Some seemed a bit out of touch and overly confident in themselves (to the point of answering questions for the interviewer, making assumptions, and interrupting throughout). There seemed to be a bit of politics brewing. The majority of the people were wonderful, but a small percentage were subpar. I debated about withdrawing from the process towards the end, but was mentally committed to seeing it thru (since I had already invested so much time). Ultimately I was happy when an offer wasn't extended to me, as I didn't need to use the recited "thank you, but I have decided a different path" statement.

Senior Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amerisure (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

I lot of time. Three seperate interveiws all during the work day, as well as an on-line test that was to last 20 minutes but really went on for nearly an hour. Each interview a minimum of an hour and others, more. Was told interveiw #3 was the final, only to arrive and learn a representative did not arrive for the interview so there would be a fourth. The final interview was seemingly a fluid, organic conversation. I left eager to hear when #4 would be. And then radio-silent. And no one followed up, although I see postings and re-postings for this position. After reaching out I got the generic "we have decided to go in a different direction" call. I find it difficult to understand that it took you that long to decide to go in a "different direction". Final thought: Have some respect and courtesy: you are asking people to give of their time for you. At least be respectful let people know what is going on.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions of how former employers handled various situations. If felt like an attempt to understand insider information about of the comapnies.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Amerisure (Tampa, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Very professional environment, very sweet receptionist my interview was very relaxing and I felt comfortable. It wasn't just a question and answer feeling it was an actual conversation. Beautiful building overall very warm welcoming

Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amerisure (Farmington Hills, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Typical process: You apply online, you get a call from an HR rep for the behavioral screening. Once that is over you have a face-to-face interview with your immediate supervisor, and his/her supervisor. I was called back for an additional in person interview to meet with personnel from the agency team that I would be assigned to.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amerisure in June 2011.

Interview

They conducted phone, then in person, interviews. They also use a third party vendor to give you a personality quiz to assess how likely you are to fit into their culture.

Interview Questions

• Coverage experience with cgl claims. They give you a couple of CGL policies and ask you to confirm or deny cov. in a couple of different scenarios. Like most commercial carriers they prefer substantial commercial experience...   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went back and forth a couple times and they negotiated ... ended up getting a few thousand more b/c they have trouble finding qualified candidates who have not heard about them ... they hire a lot of out of state adjusters because local adjusters are often unwilling to go there ...

Marketing Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amerisure (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The company found me online via LinkedIn. I was reached out to by a contact from Human Resources who extolled the virtues of the company the benefits of working for amerisure etc., hour long convo. I didn't hear from the company for about a month when I was contacted by a department manager. We met for coffee at Starbucks and discussed the company in depth pretty much the same conversation I had with the Human Resources contact. Next I took a personality examination which had never received the results for. By this time almost 3 months had elapsed since the initial contact they would reach out once every two to three weeks and asked me if I was still interested.. I would casually say yes and try to find out more information as to what it was they were looking for but he would always deflect or provide a very generic answer. Or the department manager would say that there was a mix-up regarding whether there was an open position one day there would be an open position the next day there wouldn't be an open position the next day they might have positions in different states. My primary contact which was a department manager. He seem to be VERY interested in what was happening at MY current organization and repeatedly almost every conversation spent a portion of the conversation delving into what my company was doing or where we were going or what our next steps were with the development process, our rentention, etc. It felt like he was doing some sort of Recon. Almost a month after the personality test maybe a month-and-a-half I was flown to Dallas Texas for several interviews. Most of the people I interviewed with were relatively cordial discussed the role Etc however nobody was able to provide a timeline and throughout this almost four month process anytime I asked what made the company reach out to me, there was no reasonable answer provided. When asking the company what was their timeline for bringing on a new associate or how many positions they had available, same game no reasonable answer provided. A week after flying to Dallas and going through four hours of interviews I spoke with the manager who said that him and his colleagues had been so busy and hadn't had any time to discuss me as a prospect? A week later I received a declination email saying there would be no offer and that there actually wasnt an open position, filled with platitudes regarding my future career prospects. Overall a part of me was relieved and believed it was a good thing no offer was made because if that was their interview process working there would likely be HELL. I sort of figured it was a very long shot in the beginning and that I was likely a 'diversity' candidate. Thus I requested approx $20k more than I make currently. Still in my current and thriving.

Interview Questions

• Alot about my current organization and whats going on their repeatedly.   1 Answer

Senior HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amerisure (Farmington Hills, MI) in July 2019.

Interview

Extremely Long and Exhausting. Plan to invest 14-16 hours in interviewing. Not much diversity, but the people were very nice. If I had it to again, I wouldn’t invest the time.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were behavior based.   1 Answer