Amerisure Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amerisure Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

3.5

Claims Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amerisure in April 2017.

Interview

Long and fairly drawn out process. Brief interview with HR followed by 3 separate hour long phone interviews with various levels of management, followed by on line assessment and then an in person panel interview. About a month from beginning to end.

I was enthusiastic and encouraged after each step and until the in person interview. It became immediately clear that this was really a technical claims supervisor position and the company was looking for the closest possible match to the other existing supervisors. They eventually hired an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Mid to high level of difficulty. Several situational questions (describe a difficult claim that you recently handled, describe a conflict you had and how you addressed it), several technical questions regarding recent legislative changes. Not much filler or going over your resume.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Place, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amerisure (La Place, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

Depends on how you look at it. Glass half full or empty? Process was a bit scatter-brained. Seems like they aren't sure about a lot of things, in serious transition (from "old" amerisure Vs new exec regime trying to reshape the company their way), and/or are not in tune with details of their recruitment lifecycle. From my perspective, the recruitment and interview process is a two way street. Prospect and company making a "good fit" decision about each other. Being respectful both ways is my preferred approach. 3/4 of the way thru the process I knew Amerisure wasn't the right fit for me (at this time). Initial interview with recruiter/HR, LOTS of back and forth phone calls with HR, emails, more emails, more phone calls, making appts, cancelling, rescheduling. Kind of felt like I was being strung along. Panel interviews with travel. Kind of tacky for Amerisure not to pay for travel expenses when the company is the one making the request. I'm assuming this was not intentional, but rather an oversight due to scattered process. Either way, still tacky. Extremely thorough though, which in the end was helpful from my perspective. The longer the process continued, I was able to have more in depth conversations and see behind the curtains (so to speak). I had a lot of respect for some of the executives. 70% of the people were great!! Others...not so much. Hard to explain why, but it was helpful to take deeper dives with the people you would potentially be working with. Some seemed a bit out of touch and overly confident in themselves (to the point of answering questions for the interviewer, making assumptions, and interrupting throughout). There seemed to be a bit of politics brewing. The majority of the people were wonderful, but a small percentage were subpar. I debated about withdrawing from the process towards the end, but was mentally committed to seeing it thru (since I had already invested so much time). Ultimately I was happy when an offer wasn't extended to me, as I didn't need to use the recited "thank you, but I have decided a different path" statement.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amerisure (Oxford, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed following a career fair. I had a 45 minute 1:1 interview that went well. I got a follow up call that night and joined my interviewer for dinner. Following - I received a phone call to take a personality test and fax over my transcripts. I did so, and followed up twice and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What is something you have overcome academically that you did not know how to do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amerisure.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and then went to the office for a day of in person interviews with management from different departments.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where I encountered an obstacle and was not able to resolve it. What were your next moves?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Senior Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amerisure (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

I lot of time. Three seperate interveiws all during the work day, as well as an on-line test that was to last 20 minutes but really went on for nearly an hour. Each interview a minimum of an hour and others, more. Was told interveiw #3 was the final, only to arrive and learn a representative did not arrive for the interview so there would be a fourth. The final interview was seemingly a fluid, organic conversation. I left eager to hear when #4 would be. And then radio-silent. And no one followed up, although I see postings and re-postings for this position. After reaching out I got the generic "we have decided to go in a different direction" call. I find it difficult to understand that it took you that long to decide to go in a "different direction". Final thought: Have some respect and courtesy: you are asking people to give of their time for you. At least be respectful let people know what is going on.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions of how former employers handled various situations. If felt like an attempt to understand insider information about of the comapnies.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amerisure in June 2011.

Interview

They conducted phone, then in person, interviews. They also use a third party vendor to give you a personality quiz to assess how likely you are to fit into their culture.

Interview Questions

• Coverage experience with cgl claims. They give you a couple of CGL policies and ask you to confirm or deny cov. in a couple of different scenarios. Like most commercial carriers they prefer substantial commercial experience...   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went back and forth a couple times and they negotiated ... ended up getting a few thousand more b/c they have trouble finding qualified candidates who have not heard about them ... they hire a lot of out of state adjusters because local adjusters are often unwilling to go there ...

Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amerisure in February 2012.

Interview

There were 3 sets of interviews. 1st two were over the phone with HR and management. Then there was an onsite inverview in the field office with several VPs of the company. This last one wasy an all day process and was very pleasant. An offer was made very quickly after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They typically give their best offer up front but there is room for a little negotiation with logistics.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Amerisure in July 2010.

Interview

I initially had a very positive phone interview with HR personnel in the home office. The interviewer asked questions relevant to the position and I was given the opportunity to describe in detail my experience and all previous employment applicable to the position. An email with a link to a personality/aptitude/IQ test was sent to me, which I completed. I apparently passed with no problem as an in-person interview was scheduled for the following week. In the interim, I refreshed my memory of the extensive details regarding the complex issues of the particular position. This was in vain, however, as I was asked no questions at the in-person interview to give me an opportunity to describe in detail my knowledge and work experience. Instead, I was asked "warm/fuzzy" questions about how I dealt with co-workers, clients, etc. in various situations. The obvious answers were "claims 101" however I was asked to think back on my numerous years experience for specific examples; not an easy task when you have handled thousands of claims over the years. A second interviewer came in to participate in the interview as well, and the process didn't get any easier. I actually started feeling as if I was being interrogated. The whole process made me have seconds thoughts about actually working with these individuals!

Interview Questions

• "Provide an example and details of a specific claim where you had difficulty with a claimant, insured, etc. and how you resolved it"; "provide an example and details of how you had to alter the planned course of action on a claim and what course of action was taken";   2 Answers