Asurion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Cell Phone Repair Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Raleigh, NC) in October 2019.

Interview

First a phone interview with a recruiter, then an interview with the District Manager. Both were engaging, both were personable and went with the flow of the conversation rather than going off a sheet of paper. Overall it was a great experience!

Work At Home Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Asurion.

Interview

I received an email asking me to answer 7 questions and then what time zone I was in to schedule an interview. After doing this the same day, I never had a reply. What a total waste of time!!

Interview Questions

• What size teams have you managed?
      What call-center metrics are you accustomed to managing?
      Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Inbound Sales/Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Asurion (Atlanta, GA) in June 2020.

Interview

Since it's a work-from-home position, the interview was through zoom. I applied through indeed. Landed the interview about 3-5 days after applying. The interviewer was a Technical Supervisor located in Arizona. Smooth and easy process.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the S-T-A-R Method   1 Answer
    • An example of the S-T-A-R method. Explain a time when you helped out a customer but it was difficult because things weren't going your way.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion.

Interview

Meh. Just meh with a dash of negative.

I usually recommend interviewing with companies for the sake of practice but I'm not sure there's a lot of transferable experience here compared to other software/tech companies, so skip if you're short on time or want to make more money (Asurion pays good for Nashville but if you do the math you can make more and save more in a different city).

LAYOUT

Recruiter Call - This was fine, standard recruiter call.

Wonderlic Test - I'm being asked to take a wonderlic test; am I an NFL prospect now? I hope I don't get drafted by the Browns. Whatever; I take it and it's fun and I do pretty well.

Second Recruiter Call/Interview Setup - Two recruiter calls; why? Most companies have one. Also, why do they keep getting my name wrong? Why is the first company in the South I talk to the first one to lump in my ethnic name with all other ethnic names? Oh well, I write these off as a formality and a simple mistake and I move on.

Junior Engineer/Senior Engineer Chat - You'll have a chat with a junior/senior engineer. This was just awkward and time-consuming compared to other companies. Junior engineer is junior so they don't know what to ask/how to conduct an interview. Senior engineer comes on and asks Leetcode easy questions and system design, only you have to generate your own coding link or share your screen (most companies give you one ahead of time). And you have to do a system design while frantically waving your hands to describe the system (most companies give you a shared spreadsheet you can work with).

Anyways, feel free to interview just be wary and remember even in a recession, it's an engineers market so know your worth kings and queens! Companies give you BS because candidates put up with it, know when to walk away.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Asurion (Tampa, FL) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview was ok. The recruiter did ask a lot of scenario questions so make sure you have a few. I really didn't think I was going to get the job because I felt like I was repeating myself on a few questions. But I did! Make sure to look at the camera and smile.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to assist a customer with a difficult situation, How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Tech Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asurion.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview with recruiter which then led to a zoom video conference interview with hiring managers. Was a straightforward process. Both phone interview and zoom video conference interview were great.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would update your phone?   1 Answer

CSR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asurion.

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick professional and to the point. I was made to feel uncomfortable and my interviewer was firm but courteous and attentive. He allowed me share with him my experience with different aspects of customer service

Interview Questions

• Do I think dealing with an upset customer is easier over the phone or in person?   Answer Question

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Asurion (Houston, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview went very well. The supervisor was on time. He explained in detail what the position consists of and what to expect from the company and the work environment. The supervisor also answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• The first question was if I was bilingual.   1 Answer

Interview

Very Long, lots of questions. Applied the end of 2019 and just received an interview. Did two interviews about two months apart. After the interview process, I was required to take an 30 min assessment.

In-Store Tech Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Interview

Very unprofessional, I applied for a Technical Expert position with Asurion, it took them 4 weeks to get back in touch with me ... and once they did I was contacted by Kevin Sears the hiring manager, we scheduled a interview and to my knowledge it’s via Zoom ? Okay that’s fine though I prefer face to face I feel as it’s more professional, I dressed up for my interview and he’s in a black plain tee-shirt ! And was like 5 mins late . And ask if I was familiar with the star method which I wasn’t but I felt as you should have noted that in the email that’s it’s gonna be a Star -Method interview so I could be prepared so I go on with saying no I’m not familiar with it . He tells me well just wing it ??? So unprofessional, so through the interview I thought I did pretty good and he go on to say a Recruiter will contact me with in 3-5 days . Here it’s 8 days later.. so unprofessional. I like dealing with Mike better !

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN).

Interview

It was well organized and questions were not too difficult. There were no odd ball questions like if you were a fruit what fruit would you be. I had a screening with HR and then I was screened by the hiring manager. Then I had about 6 consecutive interviews with various individuals. STAR method was very helpful as the questions were behavioral. HR was great at being proactive in their communication. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Share an accomplishment that you are most proud of and why.   Answer Question