Asurion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Problem Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with four different people over the course of about 5 hours. The people ranged from senior manager to Vice President. They were very professional, and personable. The recruitment team was fantastic, very helpful and friendly. The overall experience was positive and made me want to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• None of the interviewers asked canned interview questions, they wanted to get to know me, and asked about my experience specific to the job. They go to great lengths to ensure that the right people are hired within IT. Expect technical questions, and ask about the Asurion culture and how it affects IT.   Answer Question

Operations Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN).

Interview

There were two interviews, both of which were fairly informal. The first interview had standard questions, i.e. "What are you strengths/weaknesses", and the second interview was basically just a conversation.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Russellville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Russellville, AR) in December 2017.

Interview

Computer skills testing, interview with recruiter and Coach. Drug test also required. Received an offer after background check and drug test results. Was shown hours available in interview process. Training Monday-Friday 1pm-10pm

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

This was by far the oddest interview process I have ever been through, with some moments just flat out unprofessional. The recruiter I worked with was horrible. I hate to use such a strong word, but there is no other way to describe this individual. Every classic stereotype of the "bad recruiter" this individual played too (e.g. missed meetings, showed up late to re-scheduled ones, had to be continuously reminded to send meeting details, to just flat-out no communication). I all-in-all talked to 8 people, including an in-person at their company HQ in Nashville. If you decide to pursue a role with this company a few words of advice; 1) be prepared to never receive feedback on any conversation you have, 2) be prepared to go weeks between the "next step" with no communication, 3) be prepared to see the job you applied for re-post....and re-post...and re-post on job boards, 4) be prepared to be asked questions that have nothing to do with the job you're applying for during the interview process (more so as you get to the panel process), 5) be prepared to have one mis-slip in answering a question to take you out of the running, 6) if your a guy with a beard...shave it. One of individuals I spoke with spent more of the interview discussing my beard, then about my ability/background/career. For example, when given the opportunity to ask a question the response I got was related to my beard. This individual was a VP.

All-in-all, I'd recommend staying clear of this company. I've always been a firm believer in how a company treats candidates during the recruitment process is a clear sign of how they'll treat you as an employee. Based on my glimpse, you'll most likely be searching for a new job shortly after starting this one.

Interview Questions

• Majority were behavioral based, such as "...describe a time you had to deal with a difficult boss."   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Awful Experience. The recruiter didn't even reach back out to me like THEY TOLD ME THEY WAS GOING TO DO. Very unprofessional. I had an interview with on the the accounting managers and she seemed like she didnt weant to speak with me. She was really short with me and monotone. All of the company values that the preach about is crap. You really know what a company is about during the recruiting process. i would never work for a company that is too lazy to send a follow up email. An automated message that said I didn't get the job would of been better than nothing. Very Unprofessional!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion.

Interview

Staffing agency did phone interview, quite easy. Direct hires went through in person interview with current supervisors or operational managers. The STAR technique is pretty important when interviewing, but depending on which client they are hiring for they need to fill seats.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN).

Interview

When you sign in, they sit you down with several other people and tell you that you are all interviewing for the same job. You can see everyone in the room visibly give up as they are basically told that they are nothing special.

They invited me in for an interview due to my qualifications. They kept me on sight for two hours. HR was very professional and helpful. I somehow feel like they were fighting against negative reviews on Monster and Glassdoor. Both interviewers treated me like a kid fresh out of high school. The hiring manager was the worst part of the interview. Very unprofessional and made me despise the company in less than five seconds. This person flat out said I was not qualified and not a good fit. This person briefly glanced at my resume. They must have already made up their mind earlier in the day. The manager was in a hurry to go home for the day. Once it was all said and done, an HR representative asked me how I felt about the process. I wanted to tell them to get rid of some people in management, but Im obviously more professional than them.

Don't waste your time if you worked hard on your education. They hire HR people with degrees in basket weaving and operations managers who can't tell you the difference between quantitative and qualitative analysis. I feel sorry for the representatives that have to apologize for this company everyday.

They tell you who you are interviewing with, so look them up on LinkedIn and see what they majored in. Its fun to bring it up to them when they make it evident that they wasted your time. Pay attention to the negative reviews on this website and write down any red flag patterns you see.

Interview Questions

• All situational. Look up the SMART interview method and understand that your resume, experience and eduaction means nothing. You are just another box to check off.   1 Answer

Infrastructure Engineer I – Avaya Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with the telecom team on site after two phone interviews. The usual technical questions on equipment, nothing too heavy. I definitely did not feel as if I were just another "number" coming through the door. The team atmosphere was apparent during my site visit, anyone who does get the opportunity to work for this company will feel as if they have joined a large family with a common mission to serve their customer base to the best of the combined team's ability. I was not selected, but will apply again if I see a position that would be a good fit.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair and they invited me back the next day for a behavioral interview. They called me in for an on-site interview a couple weeks later (in Nashville) where I toured one of the offices and had four interviews with four teams I was being considered for. Got an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What a problem you faced in a technical project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Murfreesboro, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

First, a phone interview with a recruiter. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then an interview in the office with four different people. I spent 30-45 minutes with each person.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

After the online application there is a phone interview, followed by an online assessment, followed by an in person interview dependent upon your grade on the assessment. It was not a terribly long process, but it is helpful to study the stars method of interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How have you helped someone with a technical problem they were having...walk me through it step by step.   Answer Question