Asurion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Problem Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with four different people over the course of about 5 hours. The people ranged from senior manager to Vice President. They were very professional, and personable. The recruitment team was fantastic, very helpful and friendly. The overall experience was positive and made me want to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• None of the interviewers asked canned interview questions, they wanted to get to know me, and asked about my experience specific to the job. They go to great lengths to ensure that the right people are hired within IT. Expect technical questions, and ask about the Asurion culture and how it affects IT.   Answer Question

Phone Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Asurion (Fort Wayne, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and answered questions with her. Then I was contacted by the hiring manager and that was a normal interview. They said they would contact me back. It's been three weeks and never got a call back and the recruiter wouldn't return any calls.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been working with electronic repair   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Asurion (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

First there was a telephone interview in which I was asked to code in a Google document while the interviewer observed. The questions were relatively easy string processing stuff.
    Then they rented me a car and got me a hotel to interview in person. I was interviewed by 4 groups of 1 or 2 people. All questions were technical, and required writing code or architectural descriptions. Most questions emphasized raw coding capability, although some addressed more knowledge-based language implementation details.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When told the range for college hires, I asked for and received the top amount in that range. I was able to choose my starting date.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Asurion (Sterling, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I got a message from recruiter on LinkedIn and was asked to take a HackerRank test. The test was easy but time consuming. I was able to Submit 3 out of 4 and 1 was incomplete, yet I passed the cutoff and moved forward in the interview process. It was a hiring event and the next round was in-person interview. It was an all day interview with 5 rounds of 30 mins. Everything was going great till 3rd round and in between 3rd and 4th, the recruiter came over and said that they are wrapping up the interviews for the day. I was shocked. I am not sure what went wrong on the interview day but I felt it unprofessional and rude when I was asked to leave in middle of the scheduled interviews, it was a total disappointment. I am glad that I have not been selected for this position.

Interview Questions

• 1) If you are a start-up, what technology stack you would be using ?   1 Answer
    • 2) asked about my hobby and when I said sports, asked me to design a blog/website for sports. How do you maintain the traffic if your blog is successful?   Answer Question
    • Asked about my current project and what my role is, I started explaining and can clearly see that they were not at all interested. Interviewer stopped me in middle and asked me to write Binary Search Algorithm.   Answer Question
    • Given two robots, separated at equal distance from center. There is a satellite that sends same instructions to these robots (Left Fast, right Fast, left Slow, Right Slow, Center). Determine when the two robots collide. I was told at last that the instruction can be change after passing the center.   Answer Question

Lead Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Asurion (West Springfield, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Not that bad. There were two interviews, both were over the phone. I did both interviews and then I was hired as the Lead technical consultant which was an OK job.

Interview Questions

• They asked a number of the "typical" interview questions. Such as "How did you do when X situation presented itself. I am not sure what else to write on this subject. There is nothing more that I would like to add at this time in regards to this subject.   1 Answer

Lead Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Asurion (Lewisville, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview and I was told that I will be doing a second interview within a few days but never got a call. When I contacted them they said yes you should get a call soon since you have been put through to the next step. I am still waiting my interview, it has been over a month. Now nobody is replying to my messages and are not even rejecting my application. I believe it is because they don't think that a woman can do the job even though I have 5 years of experience in the field. Don't waste your time with them they are highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important thing about customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Asurion (San Mateo, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and we chatted about the position as well as my qualifications. Then another round with coding challenge - string manipulation. The company has nice office and the interviewers were friendly and knowledgeable. On site with 4 engineers, 3 rounds focus on solving coding challenges and one design question round.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asurion (San Mateo, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Had a 3 hours interview with multiple interviewers. Questions were pretty easy and had to answer on the board. No code development was required. Got job offer at the end of the interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair and they invited me back the next day for a behavioral interview. They called me in for an on-site interview a couple weeks later (in Nashville) where I toured one of the offices and had four interviews with four teams I was being considered for. Got an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What a problem you faced in a technical project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asurion.

Interview

First was a phone interview mostly behavioral and questions regarding resume and projects. Second, was a video interview which was mainly the same but more in depth into personal projects. Third, was an onsite interview with multiple people at a time with mainly behavioral questions as well as some minor technical questions. Overall was good. accepted the offer.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Asurion (Nashville, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

A Director and three managers in a tiny room all at once, no chairs matched, phone not mounted to the table causing a trip hazard with the cable, 5 different types of chairs, white board but no markers. Questions rapid fired style. Answered high level, displayed understanding and or mastery of topics, demonstrated confidences and leadership, 24hr reference check with checkster 8 refs needed, was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to develop and deploy a Sharepoint web part.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the impression the company was on fire and declined the job. The manager wanted to meet me at Panera bread, so we did, and talked. I later accepted, because he was a great guy.