Autism Spectrum Therapies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Autism Spectrum Therapies Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autism Spectrum Therapies (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely easy. Phone screening interview and then a face to face in person interview with the clinical director. Overall great experience and easy. Everyone is very friendly

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with kids before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Autism Spectrum Therapies (Gardena, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email to schedule a phone interview the next day, talked to the recruiter about the position, and scheduled an in-person interview at office the following week with the clinical director. Mostly gauging your knowledge in ABA / psychology / working with children. Talked about availability. Then received a call again a day or two from the recruiter to find out if you got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Role play question utilizing a toy and how you would interact with the child with the toy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autism Spectrum Therapies (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I arrived on time to find out there would be two people interviewing me. They sat me down in a room and asked me to introduce myself and why I am interested in working with AST. It seemed like they wanted me to say specific answers when they asked me questions. If you are someone who really wants to work at AST reassure the interviewers that even though you do not have experience with xyz that you would be dedicated to the work. They asked me questions and I gave very specific answers relating to my experience working with children

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with children with autism?
      Have you ever needed to give one on one attention to a student in your class? What would you do if there was only one kid who stayed a little behind class? What would you say to them?
      Answer Question

Advance Behavior Intervionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autism Spectrum Therapies (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied after I graduated from college and was excited because I heard great things about this company. It took a while for me to get an interview but I was hired the same day of my interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember what I was specifically asked but I remember each question reflected my future goals.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autism Spectrum Therapies.

Interview

Good interview. Ask me about my experiences. Was told if i was able to do a face to face interview. The interview was first a phone screen, then the other interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied online and received and email asking for a brief phone conversation. After a conversation including pay range and training dates and location I was asked to go in for an interviews. A day before the interview I was told it was cancelled. Their response was that they didn't have anything in my area. Why not make sure you have all info before waging someone's time.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Autism Spectrum Therapies (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Fast process.
    Employer left a voice mail asking for a phone interview. Did a phone interview, was asked to come in for a in person interview a few hours later.
    The in person was quick, just about 10 min.
    Got a call a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with kids?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Autism Spectrum Therapies (New Orleans, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through online application, heard back 3 months later. Had a phone interview where interviewer described pay, the nature of the job, and training. I was also told that I would have to pay a $50 fee to the Louisiana Behavior Analyst Board, but there was no clear explanation about when and how that should go to the LBAB. This interviewer asked me about why I was interested in working with AST, and a few other questions. This interviewer did not have specifics about the state of the company in Louisiana, but scheduled an interview with the local AST office for a few days out.

Fast forward to the next interview, it lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked to watch some other Behavior Interventionists while they were in session with clients, while waiting for my interviewer to be ready. The interview started about 30 minutes late. I was asked typical interview questions, and what I knew about the company and ABA. I didn't know much about ABA but the interviewer said that was okay as I'd be trained on it. The interviewer didn't seem much interested in the interview and did not seem prepared.The interview only lasted about 15 minutes. I found out the next day that I got the job, but did not start until a month later as per their training schedule.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ABA (Advanced Behavioral Analysis?   1 Answer

BI Interview

Interview

Interview was a while back so I do not remember questions asked. I was inexperienced, had just graduated from college and had only worked at an elementary school. I have heard the interview process has changed. It is now more detailed.

Behavioral Interventionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autism Spectrum Therapies (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume and received a call for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of several questions regarding my experience working with children. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. After the interview, I was offered the position. I had to complete tasks related to finger-printing, background screening, letters of reference, etc.before the start of training.

Interview Questions

• What do I like about working with children?
      Why did I apply to work for AST?
      1 Answer