Autotrader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about the software engineer in test position that was needed to be filled quickly. They then asked initial skills screening questions, then a phone call was set up between an outside technical screening company, then an in-person interview with a panel.

Inside Advertising Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autotrader in June 2016.

Interview

I was e mailed by one of their on line recruiting specialists about this opportunity so I went in an applied on line for the position.
    I was set up with a telephone interview and at the end of the interview they e-mailed me an on line assessment at which time I was told they would get back in touch with me .
    I took the on line assessment and have not heard anything back since then and it has been over two weeks . I e-mailed the interviewer and have not heard anything back in over a week .
    I find this very unprofessional this company selected my resume and asked me to get in touch with them . Then they do not have the decency to get back in touch with me or even send me an e-mail about my status

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the recruiter. The next step was with the hiring manager, via phone. The last step was the Panel interview. Very situational- know your stories and the results you achieved.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage change? Motivate employees? Understand Client needs/solve problems?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (State College, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I talked with campus recruiter at the career fair and got an interview two weeks later. Had interview with analytics director. It was about 40 minutes. All employees are professional and the interview went well. Got offer in a week.

Interview Questions

• What classes are you taking? How do you enjoy the teamwork? What's your ideal intership? and some personality questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader in March 2016.

Interview

It was a round of phone interview and interview with a manager. People were so nice and the process was very smooth. Once they find you as a fit, they would definitely welcome you. The intern program was awesome.

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR who set up initial phone interview which was scheduled two days later. Phone interview was just going over my resume and giving overview of position. i was advised during the call that I was being selected to advance to step 2; panel interviews. Interview was scheduled for the next week and I was emailed instructions on preparing a presentation.
    The second interview consisted of 2 panel interviews the same day; 3 managers at a time. Had to give a presentation to each panel after they asked about 5 "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to overcome an objective   1 Answer

Consumer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

You have to know the "STAR" method to be able to pass the interview successfully. You have to be ready to say yes to any shift. You will have no PROBLEM or vacation time.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Autotrader (Duluth, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Just have to answer the questions honestly. Dress to impress. Be relaxed, don't be nervous...this helps them to gage how you will be on the phone. Be sure to smile and keep direct eye contact.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been a Sales Representative.   1 Answer

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone screen, then if you passed that, you would have a panel interview. This involved using the STAR method plus a presentation. I do not believe the presentation piece is being used.

Interview Questions

• How do you like collaborating with other people? How have you overcome challenges when collaboration with other people?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autotrader (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

One phone interview followed by an in-person interview that was mostly a behavioral interview where they reviewed the resume and your skills. They called back within 2 weeks to inform of decision.