Availity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Availity

2.9

Sort:

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Availity.

Interview

I interviewed with HR, a department manager and another manager in the company via phone before I was invited to the Jacksonville office for an in-person interview. I was told to block out a couple of hours to meet with the hiring manager, department director and CEO. I understand it's a busy place, but I was rushed through each phase on the in-person interviews. I was told I'd hear something within a week or two. Prior to my interview, the company was very responsive. I followed up at the 7-day mark, with HR and the hiring manager, and I got no responses. I'd already figured that the position was offered to another person, but I would have appreciated at least an email telling me so.

Interview Questions

• "Have you reviewed our website and materials? What did you think?"   Answer Question

Nov 23, 2015 – Availity

At Availity, we take finding the right people for our positions seriously and, as you might imagine, that requires making tough choices. At times that takes longer than anyone would like; we... More

Staff Interview

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews before being brought to Jacksonville for an interview. I was told to block out 2 to 3 hours. I was not even there for 45 minutes. I was rushed through all 3 of the interviews. When it came time to leave, I was directed to the elevator and that was it. The attitude of the hiring managers and CEO was poor. I was treated like I was a nuisance. I was one of 2 candidates. My guess is they already intended to hire the other one. So why waste my time? I had driven 6 hours for the interview. I just put my dad on hospice care. Too bad I wasted two days of the last week of his life on this "interview."

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Availity (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Hired through a contracting company, had a sit down interview with the two managers of Availity Client Services.
    We spoke about the resume, and previous experience. We also spoke about some job responsibilities.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in JAX Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Availity (JAX Beach, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Well, it started with an email requesting me to speak with the hiring manager. After speaking with her, it was a 2 week period (because of holidays), and I was called in to interview with the hiring manager and an executive. Interviewing with the hiring manager face to face was refreshing, they had very good questions, and even helped me to understand the job process. The interview with the executive was separate, and he was very funny, very intelligent, and was appreciative of my answers.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question I had was what my greatest strengths/weaknesses are. It's always hard to find a weakness, and you don't want to ramble off about strengths either. Overall the questions were easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was done by the recruiter. This is a great company to work with (aside from the fairly low score on here). I've worked with them on several other occasions and it's my pleasure to work with them. They are a growing company, and the hiring process takes time. Be patient.

Market Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Availity.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR and then with Hiring Manager. The hiring manager blew off the first scheduled interview and my time was wasted on waiting for the call., Was told I was very qualified for the position and would be moving to next steps.

Apr 9, 2015 – HR Business Partner

Thanks for sharing your interview experience. We apologize for the scheduling missteps. No one likes waiting on a call that just doesn’t happen. We’ve recently implemented a new scheduling tool to... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Availity (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2009.

Interview

Interview with several individuals and then as a group. Lots of resume questions and discussion of previous experiences. Overall everyone I met was very friendly and seemed to enjoy their work in a fast growing environment. Did not feel the position was really what I was looking for and did not proceed with the interview process.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Availity (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Professional. Phone interview which lead to a presentation/panel interview. Had to make presentation about myself. Enjoyed meeting the panel. Moved quickly once 1:1 was completed. Start date was 2 weeks after offer accepted.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Availity.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR department to schedule a phone interview. They asked for times that I was available. I responded promptly and have not had a reply since. I sent a follow-up email to the same HR person and no response to that either.

Needless to say very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• They asked when I would be available for a phone interview.   1 Answer

Nov 23, 2015 – Availity

We welcome and value all constructive feedback and appreciate your insight into how we can improve.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Availity.

Interview

Interview was nice. The program manager asked typical project management questions. Asked was I PMP certified. The facilities was nice. The employer seemed like a close-knit family oriented company.

Interview Questions

• What was the largest scale project that I've worked on.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Contract to hire

Jun 4, 2015 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your interview experience! Welcome to our team.

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Availity.

Interview

Phone interview, then one face 2 face technical, then offer the next day. Manager fell asleep during interview, the whole panel saw it and we just kept going. The technical questions were in line with the position I was applying for, except for recalling from memory a config.xml from Hibernate.

Interview Questions

• Write Hibernate config.xml on whiteboard, as verbatim as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a bit and got the package I wanted.

Apr 9, 2015 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for sharing your interview experience and welcome to Availity! Hopefully your new manager is giving you the attention you need and the guidance to help you succeed. We expect our managers... More