Avature Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Avature Interview Questions

Interviews at Avature

Junior Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avature in September 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with Avature for a junior developer role. First stage was an HR interview via Skype that lasted roughly an hour. The interviewer was friendly, questions were related to background and experience. The second part was a Codility test with three questions which was fine. The third stage was a Skype call with a developer in Madrid, that lasted about an hour, it didn't go well, but the interviewer was again friendly. Overall the experience was a positive and fair one.

Interview Questions

Avature Response

Sep 9, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We know interviewing for technical positions is hard, and a skill on itself. We encourage you to try again as you get stronger on your coding skills. Avature is growing and positions will continue to open constantly, so feel free to reach back out at any time.

Implementation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avature (Madrid (Spain)) in November 2019.

Interview

I was contacted shortly after submitting my resume, about 2-3 days later. The process had 3 interviews, the 1st one was a regular screening through a video call with a super nice recruiter, I had applied to another position yet she told me that they were looking for someone with a little more seniority, BUT she told me I could be a fit for another position. This interview was a lot about me and what can I contribute to Avature, there were no exercises or tests at this moment, some English was carried during the interview. A couple days later they contacted me and set up a 2nd meeting with someone from my department through a video call where the interview consisted solely on brain teasers, the recruiter wasn’t looking for a wrong or right answer, she wanted to see how you approach a problem and how your reasoning helps you out, she would sometimes hand some tips if you got stuck. Couple more days later and I receive an email asking for another interview at their HQ here in Madrid. I met with a super nice consultant, this phase was mostly about telling me everything related to the position and its daily tasks, I spoke only for about 25% of the interview and it was all about my experience. Couple more days and they told me I would receive an offer :)

Interview Questions

• Why Avature?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you have failed, what would you do differently if you were in the same situation?   Answer Question
    • What would be your biggest contribution to Avature?   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Avature (Madrid (Spain)) in September 2019.

Interview

First interview was via Skype was great, very friendly and enthusiastic.
    Second was a test of your analytical thinking. I was told that I didn’t need to get the answers correct as it’s about solving problems WITH the staff member so they can see you share your thoughts. They encouraged you to think out loud, ask questions and act upon suggestions. When I actually went through the questions I showed my working out and acted upon the suggestions. It was not easy however since the staff member already knew the answer it meant that was what they were expecting (even though I was assured it didn’t have to be correct...but I got them all correct).
    When I received feedback the reason for not goi further was that I had too many guesses.

Interview Questions

• You have two sand timers, one with 7 mins and one with 11 mins. Make 15 mins with them.   Answer Question

Nov 26, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience interviewing with us.

We do our best to manage the process according to your availability and to provide valuable information on every step. We encourage you to ask questions, to get the information that’s interesting for you, as this can change from candidate to candidate.

We noticed you are interested in learning languages, Avature has a strong learning culture. Even though we are not offering this at the moment, there are other learning opportunities (like the Avature Academia or Conference Days). We are working hard to continue to expand on our learning offering, as we understand becoming better professionals is key to our long term success.

Rgarding your comments on the Logic interview, tt’s a difficult job to accompany the candidate during the interview which is why we constantly train our interviewers so that they can become better at what they do. We encourage you to communicate directly with our Talent Acquisition team, so that we can review your feedback with the corresponding interviewer.

Lastly, we are always available to provide feedback on all of our hiring process. You can send a request to our Talent Acquisition team and we’ll make sure to deliver this to you.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I interviewed at Avature (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in July 2019.

Interview

The company has a talent adcuisition and management platform and most of the customers are foreign (from Argentina). The talent recruiter was very interested in knowing not only my experience but my skills.

Interview Questions

Avature Response

Associate Account Executive Interview

Interview

3 steps process :
    - Basic HR interview : they try to get to know you, ask about your background
    - Logic test interview : they try to test your capacity to think through, your ability to work in a team
    - Interview with the team : interview with your manager to be

Every interview can be done remotly

Interview Questions

Avature Response

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avature (Madrid (Spain)) in March 2019.

Interview

Four phases: recruiter talk, logic puzzle, hiring manager interviews and then reference check. The process was really fast and agile. Really enjoyed the experiences with all the people I talked with.

Interview Questions

Avature Response

Thank you for your feedback!

Interview

I went to a series of interviews that varied in scope, focusing on more specific areas and skills as the process advanced. The interviewers were amenable and kept the conversations interesting, while responding to my questions thoroughly and giving me plenty of opportunities to express myself openly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe software I used regularly and explain why I chose to employ it over other options.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Avature (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview lasted more than a month, but the person in charge of human resources was incredible, really committed and always responded to the emails really fast.I liked this company for how they treated me throughout the process. They have been really nice and very attentive.

Interview Questions

Avature Response

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avature (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job in glassdoor, and got an e-mail. Then I had a phone interview. After that I had another interview, where I had to speak about other job experiences (usual strong/weak points and something positive I did there). Then I got an e-mail with a coding challenge (in codility.com), which consisted in some algorithm-related problems. I barely passed, so I got a 3rd interview defending my answer. I failed to understand some basic points, so I didn't got to pass to the final instance (in which they show you the place). It was not impossible, but I lack the experience. With some online problem solving you can make it. The staff was very polite and nice in every part of the experience.

Interview Questions

• What was your last job. Explain a normal day.
      What kind of difficulties did you find, and what did you do to solve it/them.   Answer Question

Sep 9, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience. We understand technical interviews can be hard, we hope that as you continue to develop your coding and interviewing skills you will consider applying again to a position with us. Avature is constantly growing and this created many opportunities for you to join us. Best of luck!

Configuration Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avature.

Interview

It was a video call interview. I did not receive any feedback after this interview positive or negative, despite I was told I will receive in one week. It was more of a casual discussion than a strict, stressing interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions related to your background, experience, hobbies etc.   Answer Question

Sep 10, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hi - I'm sorry to hear you did not received feedback in a timely manner. Please write to your recruiter or to talentacquisition@avature.net requesting such feedback and will send it over to you.