BAO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2018

2.8

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BAO (Andover, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

Recruiter was thorough in the veeting process, focused on really getting to the skills sets and experience. No hiding in the weeds, The people were through and prepared for the interview and expected me, receptionist was pleasant and professional, Office environment was clean and professional, built as a high end call center, lightee, bright, answered all my questions and were concerned about my career aspirations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, they gave best offer which was fair

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAO (Norwood, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Made contact with the company through a job fair and then was later contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview. Had to take assessments on Word, Excel, and Outlook. Short interview, maybe only a half hour. Hard to read what the interviewer was thinking. No clear position title and was only told in the interview that it was an hourly position. Be sure to bring something to take notes. Did not get a job offer, however the recruiter was very helpful in the process.

Interview Questions

• Asked about excel skills.
      There was a question along the lines of: When was a time that you had to use data (and excel) to help make a big decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BAO (Mesa, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and the first step was submitting my resume. I then received an email with a date and time for a phone interview which lasted 45minutes and then they scheduled a face to face interview. You sit with an ISR for about 30 minutes to really see the job and then you are interviewed by the manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions are more geared to see how your personality and motivation is   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAO in December 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview for a screening of the candidate. Then passed on to the Main Recruiter of the local branch for another phone interview to be conducted week later. After phone interview, an in person meet and interview is suggested.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BAO (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Long but worth the time to see what the day to day is like. Could be a little more involved plus they made me fill out some weird "let's make sure your not illiterate" sheet to fill out.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BAO.

Interview

A phone interview from a recruiter then a 2-3 hour onsite in person interview with sales manager and Vice President. You have to double jack with a ISR to see if the job is something you can do as it is 100% phone based job.

Interview Questions

• What drives you? Can you live off of the $32,500 salary ? Why BAO?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAO (Mesa, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

Do not Recall actually, met with several "Managers" who did not speak fluent salesman, they came from retail backgrounds like Drug Stores and Home Depot, most could not close a door right in front of them.

Interview Questions

• They like to play the scenario game. They then held a mirror under my nose to see if it fogged up?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAO (Norwood, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and the woman was nice, but a bit unprofessional and disoriented. It lasted about an hour and I had the in person interview the very next day. Met the hiring manager, talked briefly then sat with a potential co-worker who attempted to make a call, but couldn't get any customers. I never got to hear the sales pitch unfortunately. I was very surprised that no messages were ever left or any follow up e-mails were sent. After the calls I sat with the hiring manager again for a few min before leaving. The atmosphere was very friendly and kind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAO (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

I came in 10 minutes early. Waited 20 minutes before the manager (interviewer) came out to the lobby to greet me so we were already 10 minutes behind our scheduled interview. Instead of interviewing people right away they set you down at a cubicle on the sales floor and make you listen to one of their ISR phone reps make cold calls for about an hour. It was a complete waste of my time because I did not hear one person answer and I did not get to hear his pitch. If they want you to get a feel for the position then they should have pre-recorded calls that are roughly 5 minutes long. Also if they're only hiring experienced phone reps then why waste their time showing off something they already understand? You use the in-house CRM or Salesforce and dial until someone answers, then you pitch the script without sounding like a robot. After that I was taken into a room where the manager interviewed me. He expressed that he is new and does not have phone experience and was very impressed with my history. We made small talk and laughed a little bit, he was very warm and cordial. He then brings in another manager and that manager explains the pay and schedule. They then hand me a script and say "We're going to leave the room and you need to call us and pitch us this script, at the end we will decline and we want to see how you rebuttal our decline." So after about 2 minutes I call over and nailed the script and rebuttal. The original manager comes in and says okay we'll see you later, thanks for coming.... I'm like... That's it? ...The manager got absolutely cold on me and basically kicked me out and left the room. I know it wasn't my script reading because I followed their script and I am absolutely professional. I go home and 1 hour later I get an email saying "Thanks for interviewing but we've decided to extend the position to another candidate".... Really? You put me through a 2 hour "interview" and you can't even call me and tell me why I wasn't chosen? If the interview process is anything like the way they manage the team then I am happy not working for BAO.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. So why BAO? Why would you be a good fit? Standard textbook interview questions...   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAO in July 2017.

Interview

Applied to the job posting because I was looking for something new and had heard good things from colleagues. Received a call from an internal recruiter after they, allegedly, sent me an email. Their initial question was NOT about my background but about my salary and compensation and what I would expect in a new role based on my previous ones. After clearly outlining this for them, they proceeded to tell me that my expectations were too high and that I should be more realistic. I asked them about the position and expectations to try and get a full outline of the day to day responsibilities and they told me I'd "make a lot of calls and set a lot of appointments" but no actual metrics were given. Not once was I asked about previous sales roles or experience. Once I stopped asking questions and not getting answers, they asked me if I would come in for an in person interview. In expressing that I wasn't sure if coming in would be of interest for me and I didn't want to waste anyone's time, they then told me I shouldn't be so hesitant, making a living wage off of mostly commission was realistic and I should be excited to join a company with great training, I declined more firmly. He then tried to continue to persuade me for another 10 minutes and when I finally got a final "No, Thank you" the recruiter hung up the phone. The phone call lasted about 45 minutes and the majority was me being told that I should be privileged to be on the phone with BAO when in reality it didn't feel that way at all.

Interview Questions

• What are your compensation requests? Both base salary and commission?   Answer Question