BAO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BAO Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAO in July 2017.

Interview

Applied to the job posting because I was looking for something new and had heard good things from colleagues. Received a call from an internal recruiter after they, allegedly, sent me an email. Their initial question was NOT about my background but about my salary and compensation and what I would expect in a new role based on my previous ones. After clearly outlining this for them, they proceeded to tell me that my expectations were too high and that I should be more realistic. I asked them about the position and expectations to try and get a full outline of the day to day responsibilities and they told me I'd "make a lot of calls and set a lot of appointments" but no actual metrics were given. Not once was I asked about previous sales roles or experience. Once I stopped asking questions and not getting answers, they asked me if I would come in for an in person interview. In expressing that I wasn't sure if coming in would be of interest for me and I didn't want to waste anyone's time, they then told me I shouldn't be so hesitant, making a living wage off of mostly commission was realistic and I should be excited to join a company with great training, I declined more firmly. He then tried to continue to persuade me for another 10 minutes and when I finally got a final "No, Thank you" the recruiter hung up the phone. The phone call lasted about 45 minutes and the majority was me being told that I should be privileged to be on the phone with BAO when in reality it didn't feel that way at all.

Interview Questions

• What are your compensation requests? Both base salary and commission?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAO (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

I came in 10 minutes early. Waited 20 minutes before the manager (interviewer) came out to the lobby to greet me so we were already 10 minutes behind our scheduled interview. Instead of interviewing people right away they set you down at a cubicle on the sales floor and make you listen to one of their ISR phone reps make cold calls for about an hour. It was a complete waste of my time because I did not hear one person answer and I did not get to hear his pitch. If they want you to get a feel for the position then they should have pre-recorded calls that are roughly 5 minutes long. Also if they're only hiring experienced phone reps then why waste their time showing off something they already understand? You use the in-house CRM or Salesforce and dial until someone answers, then you pitch the script without sounding like a robot. After that I was taken into a room where the manager interviewed me. He expressed that he is new and does not have phone experience and was very impressed with my history. We made small talk and laughed a little bit, he was very warm and cordial. He then brings in another manager and that manager explains the pay and schedule. They then hand me a script and say "We're going to leave the room and you need to call us and pitch us this script, at the end we will decline and we want to see how you rebuttal our decline." So after about 2 minutes I call over and nailed the script and rebuttal. The original manager comes in and says okay we'll see you later, thanks for coming.... I'm like... That's it? ...The manager got absolutely cold on me and basically kicked me out and left the room. I know it wasn't my script reading because I followed their script and I am absolutely professional. I go home and 1 hour later I get an email saying "Thanks for interviewing but we've decided to extend the position to another candidate".... Really? You put me through a 2 hour "interview" and you can't even call me and tell me why I wasn't chosen? If the interview process is anything like the way they manage the team then I am happy not working for BAO.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. So why BAO? Why would you be a good fit? Standard textbook interview questions...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAO (Norwood, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and the woman was nice, but a bit unprofessional and disoriented. It lasted about an hour and I had the in person interview the very next day. Met the hiring manager, talked briefly then sat with a potential co-worker who attempted to make a call, but couldn't get any customers. I never got to hear the sales pitch unfortunately. I was very surprised that no messages were ever left or any follow up e-mails were sent. After the calls I sat with the hiring manager again for a few min before leaving. The atmosphere was very friendly and kind.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BAO.

Interview

The interview process is detailed and driven by the culture of the organization. They have a proven methodology and are looking for individuals that fit the team concept. I met with multiple people with different insight and influence in the organization.

Interview Questions

• They asked to give an example of working to achieve a goal   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Very rude and unprofessional phone interview. After submitting a resume, they called me and conducted a half hour phone interview on the spot. Next step is an online assessment and 3 hour in-person interview in the Andover office. I declined an invitation to meet in person because I found the interviewer to be incredibly disrespectful. The pay is awful and the interview process was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I had a 3.96 GPA as opposed to a 4.0 GPA.   Answer Question

Low pay

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAO.

Interview

Within hours of submitting my resume and cover letter, I received a phone call from Henry Glickel, Manager of Talent Acquisition at BAO. The phone call turned into a 30 minute phone interview in which Mr. Glickel was incredibly condescending and pompous. He asked weird questions like, "How did you pay for school?" He repeated several of his questions on more than one occasion and it was very apparent that he hadn't read my resume at all. He then informed me that I would be good for a different role from the one that I applied for. He told me I could make $30K a year making straight up cold calls. He said that MAYBE if I stayed with the company for 2 years I could move up and make more. Basically this works out to be a little over $14 an hour. Not only that, but he wanted me to take a series of online tests to prove my computer literacy. Following those tests, I would have to come in for a 3 hour interview. So basically he wanted me to waste 3-4 hours of my time for a job where I'm making a little more than $4 over minimum wage to make cold calls all day. Nice try Henry, I'm all set...stop wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• Several behavioral and situation questions.
      Do you know what the company does?
      Why do you want to work for us?
      Are you familiar with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BAO (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Somewhat easy. Interview with Recruiter over the phone. If accepted for the next step, have face to face with Team Manager and if they are interested, you will sit with someone, normally one of their successful ISR. If that goes well, they advise on the spot if you got the job. Usually, if you don't sit with an ISR to see how the job works, you are more then likely not a candidate for them.

Interview Questions

• They don't go by your resume - they want to know about you and what type of personality. One question they ask if you feel you are coachable?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAO (Andover, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview and then had three interviews. I was not totally prepared for the first so they had me comeback and meet with manager for another position. I did great with him so they asked me to come back and meet with different manager for the original position. I did great with him and got an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because the starting salary is the same for everyone.

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BAO (Andover, MA).

Interview

Phone, On-Line Predictive Assessment and Prove-It assessment, In Person, Sat with someone who did the job, Manager was thorough and ask pointed questions, HR was helpful in the process by helping to guide through paperwork and even where to park. Professional approach.

Interview Questions

• Past Experience, What I am looking for in a new position, manager, and company?   Answer Question

Client Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BAO (Andover, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

He forgot we scheduled the interview, and he was on the call, told me hold on for 3 minutes, that's totally ok, but he didn't ask me anything about myself.