BAO Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
BAO President James Higgins
James Higgins

Pros
  • A great place to get experience and resume building skills (in 12 reviews)

• High energy work environment that rewards focused, hard working sales reps (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Team managers don't allot their Resource Allocation evenly (in 8 reviews)

• Sales positions have high turnover, some sales goals are slightly unrealistic, not a lot of room for growth outside of sales positions (in 6 reviews)

"I can guess who the bad reviews are from"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at BAO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So, the person who said you have to lie and deceit, I know exactly who you are. Listen, if you are going to fake meetings, it was dumb for you to call in sick when your meetings need to be confirmed. You faked several meetings and it was obvious when the prospect says they never set the meeting, or if that prospect hasn't worked there in years. This is a tough job, but one thing I pride myself on is integrity. If you don't have integrity, you won't last at BAO. This is the best job I've ever had. Yes, there are ups and downs, but you gotta have tenacity in any sales job.

Cons

To the person that said bad things about our senior manager, he is the best manager I've ever had. I can guess who wrote that review. You got let go because you made it obvious you hated the job. If you don't like the job, don't work here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. This company is like a family. Lot's of spiffs, awards, and recognition is givin to those that earn it.

2. "Don't believe a few bad seeds reviews. They don't work here for a reason."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at BAO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You could walk into BAO at anytime and feel the excitement and happy employees, and BAO would welcome that. The last 3 ridiculously stupid posts are people that are not here for a reason. They were bad seeds when they were here and wee are better for them being gone. Nothing that they said is true, the management is incredible, the contests are not rigged, and the previous manager is gone because it was best for the company.

Cons

No matter if you are an ISR or an IT person if you can't hack the job, and you make the environment negative, you won't be here anymore. That's like any job. Your bitter reviews just prove you were not a fit here. Better for the rest of us that are here doing our jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, thank you for making the decision to part ways with those that do not fit the BAO profile. Looks like you made great decisions with the last two!

"Do you like being deceitful?"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Mesa, AZ

Pros

If you get lucky or suck up you'll get decent money.

Cons

Only way to be successful is to lie and cheat. Some really successful people there think they are master sales folks and truthfully in a real sales environment they would fail miserably. Management is ghetto at times and you'd expect them to act professional. Don't hold your breath.

Advice to Management

Most Managers power trip and honestly have no business being managers.

"BAO, where old financial service professionals go to thrive!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Norwood, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Norwood, MA

I have been working at BAO (More than a year)

Pros

I had been in the financial services industry as an institutional equity trader for over 25 years. I worked for some of the best firms on Wall Street. As the industry contracted and jobs became scarce I had to reinvent myself and BAO did that for me and more. I now work at the BEST Company I’ve ever worked for! If you are looking to make a lot of money and are willing to work hard for it then BAO is the place for you.

Cons

The job is “sales” but they give you every tool you need to be successful. All you have to do is bring a great work ethic and a positive attitude

Advice to Management

The management from top to bottom are hardworking, positive, supportive and all around great people. Chad the Director of Delivery Services has been nothing but supportive and has guided me to be a successful Inside Sales Rep

"Inflated Reviews Mesa Sr Manager & Sidekick wrote them"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at BAO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At face value it appears to be a great place to work, that is it. The 32.5K is poverty level yet better than other employment. The family has to realize that there are major dysfunctional issues when they have 1 Sr Manager that got rid of, a former Manager, in a plan with other ISR's so he himself took the helm. Not a PRO at all. Then we finally got another Manager a year plus later who won his first month goal while on the floor, and two ISR's, a SISR and EISR helped get him fired. Then the pot stirrer and Sr Manager even won 2k each, being too inter-twined. What is wrong with this picture? No pros to speak of. Favoritism at best.

Cons

It's one big con all the way around. We have been stuck with a Sr Manager that has favorites to serve his own check even though it was proven that he was beaten by a ner Manager the first month on the floor. It is not about the business, it is strictly about "his" numbers, and "his" paycheck, and how he looks. A lot of conversations happen on the side, and a lot of covering up transpires. These are the facts. It really should come as no surprise. Look at the evidence and stop making excuses. Just because he can cry on the drop of a dime, doesn't mean he is good for the overall business, especially in a management position. How do you run someone else's business like this and get away with it. Smooth talking, silver tongue only worried about his team and his numbers. His boss back EAST supports this management style.

Advice to Management

There comes a time when you have to believe that where there is smoke, there is also fire. Listen to some of the calls the "Favorites Team " makes. Is that really the BAO protocol contractually made with clients. Is that really the BAO "way". I think not. In the end a once thriving business, leaders in the market is now spiraling down because of one person. Send some "ringers" in there and see what they see with the clear unfair, unequal ground here. A really good ringer and one that pretends not to be so good! You be the judges. It's your company FAMILY.

"Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Mesa, AZ

I worked at BAO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After parting ways with this company they did pay me for all appointments that I was able to set.

Cons

Inside sales using fake names for each account you are assigned to. I was supposedly an inside Rep with HP Business Partners, it is not Hewlett Packard but just aftermarket resellers that you spend your entire day trying to trick or "lock" an appointment with an unsuspecting client. I was able thru my own words to crack their system and started producing appointments within a week out of training. They will tell you that you have freedom to sell as you please but they actually only want skit readers. The whole fake name thing is deceitful to say the least and I felt like a stripper having to keep my identity secret everyday. This company has been on the job boards in Mesa AZ for 10 plus years everyday, turnover is constant and consistent. They turn and burn em like grease thru a Goose.

Advice to Management

Put some people that actually have knowledge of sales into management. Retail clerks are not salespeople.

"Turnover is rampant(Among employees & among BAO's tech. clients)"

Former Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Andover, MA

I worked at BAO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training, good experience to learn calling into IT to book meetings.

Cons

Lots of childish antics from adults trying to make BAO a "fun" place to work. Incredible amount of politics which will determine the type of material you get to call on and ultimately, decide your fate at BAO. Almost no emphasis placed on setting quality meetings. While creating pipeline for companies is important, turning that pipeline into an actual sale that generates revenue is paramount. BAO has seen huge turnover with their technology clients. Their biggest one a few years ago which had 2 teams dedicated to it full time, is now just another client with much smaller coverage. I've interviewed with several tech. companies after leaving BAO who have used them for appointment setting, and all have said that the quality of meetings they set were atrocious. Coincidence? NOT!!!!

Advice to Management

Focus more on quality of meetings and less on quantity. You can set all the meetings you want, but if they lack quality, your client base will shrink as has been the case for the last couple of years at BAO.

May 11, 2017

Thank you for the thoughts you shared. Yes, turnover is part of sales and the technology industry. The tech industry is a volatile sector with lots of VC funded companies, all of which don’t ... More

8. "Executive Inside Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Execuie Inside Sale Representative in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Execuie Inside Sale Representative in Andover, MA

I have been working at BAO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

BAO is an incredible place to work for with a fun but professional atmosphere filled with amazing people. I have worked for this family owned company for close to 5 years and have become very skilled in the world of inside sales and appointment setting. I have been promoted many times, hit quite a few milestones and most recently reached Executive status. BAO is certainly a place of opportunity. The skills you learn here will accelerate your carrier into its next steps and most certainly stick with you for a lifetime.. Just like the relationship you build here!

Cons

The world of cold calling and inside sales isn't for everyone, best be mentally strong, ready to work hard and dial hard.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Invest in your top people, help the middle ground grow and continue to support you new hires.

"It's NOT all that its built up to be at BAO"

Former Employee - QCR in North Andover, MA
    Former Employee - QCR in North Andover, MA

I worked at BAO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a QCR- Monotonous Job that requires little skill or thinking.

Cons

No room for growth as they promise, and no support just criticisms on how you can be doing better. Dont care about the employee but rather the cost to the company for them to fill a cube. I highly would recommend not wasting your time at this dead-end "sales" job. REMEMBER- they're sales people. They make the job seem great, promise the world, bur rake you through the coals and push you out the door if you're not perfoming. I was a top performer, and after 8mo of not being promoted and them making excuse after excuse I left. Be weary of Sandy- she's shady.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage and empower your employees, and STOP letting them fail when you have the resources for them to be successful. Shoutout to CB though for keeping it real, and being the #1.

May 2, 2017

We appreciate your feedback on your experience. It is important to know that not everyone is cut out for this job – it takes a positive mindset to overcome a lot of rejection. We take a lot of time ... More

"ISR"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Andover, MA

I worked at BAO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with with some fun perks.

Cons

Management throws you to the wolves either perform or get out of the way. Goals placed on new employees are unrealistic. Management does play favorites.

Advice to Management

Allow new employees to grow as opposed to being thrown into the fray. Stop the favoritism that takes place.

Mar 22, 2017 – VP HR and Administration

Thank you for your feedback. It is true that individuals do learn and ramp up at different rates, and it can take longer for some to reach their desired level of success. That is why 2 years ago we ... More