BASF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BASF Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2018

2.9

PDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

It was pretty formal, they came to my school and it was held in a building there. Business Professional dress, it was me and then one person from HR who was the recruiter and an alumni from my university in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered diversity and how you worked through it.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you worked in a group.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Durham, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

It started with a phone call with BASF recruiter, then 2 online interviews/ personality quiz and then on-site interview and one last Skype interview with SVP.
    People were very nice and friendly at BASF, it had very international atmosphere and I liked the company's culture a lot. I didn't get the offer but I will apply for other job openings for sure!

Interview Questions

• They asked so many behavioral questions in the on-site interview, I didn't expect that.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BASF in February 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview then sent to BASF recruiter for a video interview, took about 6 weeks to hear back asking when I can do an in person interview. It will be a 3 person panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave or leaving your last place of employment?   Answer Question

Professional Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BASF.

Interview

Recruited on college campus during a career fair. First round interview was on campus and second was on-site. During the on-site interview, we had a networking dinner the night before the interview and the next day was split into interviews and a site visit. There were plenty of opportunities to talk to current and former PDPs throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a safety concern.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BASF (Savannah, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by the operation manager, maintenance manager, and support manager. It was more of a knowledge test.
    1) Tell us a time and place where you were challenge in your work and how did you handle it?

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

starts with a phone interview as it is a global company / you could have your supervisor in any other sate or country .

Interview Questions

• how can you handle the work load if the 8 hours are not enough? what would you do ?   Answer Question

Chemical Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BASF (Savannah, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

Didn’t take long ... interview was 45 minutes quick process hiring manager said it would take about 2 weeks... they were so impressed they called me in about 3 days after and I accepted the job

Interview Questions

• Can you operator bagging machine?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BASF (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I met them at a career fair and they offered me an interview for the next they. Then at the interview there was both an HR person and an Engineering person asking me questions

Interview Questions

• How many Jelly beans would it take to fill a swimming pool?   2 Answers

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BASF in December 2017.

Interview

A basic phone interview that first started with asking about general questions about myself and soon became technical based on my Resume. They wanted someone who had basic knowledge about Angular 2.

Interview Questions

• How different is AngularJS from Angular 2   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BASF (Orange, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Basic interview process:

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with Hiring Manager. I was then brought onsite for an hour interview, 3:1 panel with managers asking me different behavioral questions.

Most people were enjoyable, but the Hiring Manager struck me as odd--he asked the same questions in person as he did during the phone screen, which led me to believe they were interviewing me out of obligation, not out of genuine interest. Some questions, such as "Describe a Six-Sigma project you worked on", were asked three times. I would answer using the STAR format, even providing different examples each time, and was met with a deer-in-the-headlights look. Either they were unfamiliar with the vocabulary, or they weren't paying attention. It was difficult to not overlook the possibility that they were trying to take my examples and employ them at their facility. Who knows.

I left the interview feeling like they were trying to hire a Quality Engineer on a Lab Tech title and salary.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time during which you used 'creativity' to solve a problem.   Answer Question