BKD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

National Industry Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BKD (Springfield, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Two different interviews. The first is with your direct supervisor. The second is with team members. Do your research on the industry. What's changing? How would you do marketing for your industry?

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit at BKD?   1 Answer

May 3, 2017 – Social Media Lead

We try to be thorough in our interview process. Thanks for sharing your insight and welcome to BKD!

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BKD.

Interview

Good not that hard try it partners are good staff are good Recommend try it fo not see other comments texas office in us it depends on the offices. Interview with partners

Interview Questions

BKD Response

May 2, 2017 – Social Media Lead

Thanks for your feedback - we agree, our partners and staff are good!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had two phone interviews and was told that I would be brought in for a face to face interview. Recruiter was very engaging but never followed through on what they said they would do. Eventually got an automated and impersonal email. The problem was not that I didn't get the job. It's the lack of follow through when what was communicated to me had changed. It was a very poor candidate experience.

Interview Questions

BKD Response

May 2, 2017 – Social Media Lead

Oh goodness, we could have handled this better. Thank you for your feedback and we'll work on improving our process.

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BKD (Springfield, MO).

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Asked about prior experience and how it related to position. It was relatively standard, but then there was no follow up. I reached out and was send an email by the recruiter which came across as dismissive. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

Feb 10, 2017 – Social Media Lead

Our apologies! Our pacing can take a while sometimes when we're looking for the right fit. We appreciate your feedback and your application - we'll work on providing a more informative process. ... More

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The second interview process began with dinner Thurs. night then breakfast Fri. a.m., overview of Company in a.m. and 2 interviews in p.m. Not a lot of pressure. More about getting to know you and if you fit their culture. Friendly environment. They were only hiring one candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose accounting?   1 Answer

Feb 10, 2017 – Social Media Lead

While our processes differ a bit from office to office, there is a shared theme of seeking culture fit. It must have been a competitive group - keep an eye out for future openings!

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First round interview occurred on-campus. Second round was at their Chicago headquarters in Oak Brook. Easy interview and conversational. BKD recently acquired Wolf & Co. which is now their Chicago office. Through talks with partners I got the impression that the merger has not gone smoothly and their seems to be a struggle for an identity. Process was unorganized and communication was lacking.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BKD (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, invited back for a day and a half office visit with dinner the night before a day of presentations and interviews at the Oak Brook office. Bad part was they didn't reimburse for mileage, they just gave gas cards which doesn't help those without a car

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BKD (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

Very conversational. A partner and I discussed my resume. No behavioral questions. During the office interview I talked with a partner and an audit director. Basically the same interview style. Scanned my resume and asked me a couple questions about school, clubs, job experience. No behavioral questions at the office interview either.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BKD
      Why do you want to work in Audit
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took about 1 week and I applied through a recruiter. There was about 5 people in the interview asking me questions. It was mostly behavoral questions onsite and mostly technical questions on the phone. Any full stack developer can pass the phone screening but the onsite behavoral question onsite are much more challenging. make sure you study the company before you go the the onsite interview. The onsite interview lasted about 90 minutes. It seemed like they already had there mind made up on another candidate. I had a long lecture on integrity, values and work ethics that came out of there employee manual. They mentioned they want their software developers to participate in meetings. I am guessing past employees refused to participate in meetings. It seemed thay wanted someone that is extroverted, out going and not shy.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you know anything about our company
      Q: How did you get started in software development
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      Q: Tell me a little about yourself
      Q: What is your greatest strength
      Q: How would you debug a windows service
      Q: Tell me a difficult problem you debugged at your previous employer
      Q: Explain your roll at your previous employer
      Q: What is the biigest project you worked on
      Q: What were some hurdles in building your project and how did you overcome them

Be prepared to answer troubleshooting questions as well.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BKD (Bowling Green, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very laid back, the guy was nice and friendly. He asked a lot of easy questionsn and seemed like he was more focused on selling BKD to me than I needed to be selling him on myself

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have about BKD   1 Answer

Negotiation

None