BMC Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMC Software Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

Interview

First telephonic round with technical manager.. majorly past experience based questions.
    Next face to face interviews after few days with architect, lead, and finally manager and HR rounds.
    Finally got an offer after a month

Interview Questions

• Past experience based questions.
      Puzzles
      Data structure
      REST API in detail
      Multi threading
      Java basic questions
      Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial telephonic HR round and then three technical rounds. Manager technical round and then technical round is face to face, on-site with multiple individuals/engineers scheduled for 3-4 hours total. It was a very good experience.

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMC Software (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was treated to a meal at a restaurant; very relaxed atmosphere. I was asked primarily about my previous job experience and what my aspirations were. I was then asked about my best and worst experience at my previous company.

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software.

Interview

This process took a whopping 40 days. It involved a first round phone interview with an HR Rep, then a 2nd round interview with a manager, then a Case Study round where they ask you to do a mock-up of a potential client's needs analysis. If you make it beyond that, then they invite you in for a face to face, at which point they decide. All in all, for a glorified appointment setter role that actually has no direct responsibility to close deals, it's a bit much. Everyone I spoke to was extraordinarily friendly, but it would be a week or more in between contact from them, and all in all it just seemed like a colossal waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Third round, they ask you to do a case study of a potential retail client, about 15 minutes in length, to go over their pain points and why the BMC product-suite would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Senior UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It took about two weeks to get the onsite interview. The questions consisted of white boarding. Didn't get any feedback for weeks as some one already mentioned. Considering this as a no offer for now.

Interview Questions

• All front end questions like closure, difference between react and angular 2 etc   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Was relatively informal, as I was referred into the hiring executive. Conducted a preliminary interview with someone who then referred me to the actual hiring executive. We exchanged several emails, which amounted to a soft screening process and resulted in scheduling an initial call. Conducted a total of two phone interviews (one 30 minutes and one an hour). Was then asked to travel for an in-person all day meeting (at their expense). Flew in for a one day meeting with the hiring executive and a would-be peer. Spent significant time discussing the industry, trends, BMC's market position and future direction. Overall, it was a professional and positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How I would approach the role leveraging my past experiences   Answer Question

Sales Order Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMC Software.

Interview

One phone interview followed by an hour and a half interview with different mangers. Everyone was very nice but asked the same questions. Some random questions were thrown in but overall a good experience

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Got a call from the Hiring manager, it was good, he spoke well, it was an introductory session followed by two technical interviews in the company. It was conducted for about an hour by three managers, they asked questions mainly on Java and other technologies

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMC Software (Santa Clarita, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

the interview took...huh months?

i had 2 onsite interviews with 3 and 2 engineers. all went well i think. both of my interviewer and recruiter said they could give me a response very soon, and guess what!? I tried to followup with them again again and again for weeks. their recruiter responded to my email in a 1 out of 10 ratios, and all of the responses are just oh, sorry, can you wait? I noticed that they took off all the openings during that time, so it seems like the company was in reorg or something. I'm totally fine waiting or do another round of interviews with new people, but all I got in the end just non response.

I like the company and that's why i keep following up with you for months, but you don't show the same respect!! so stupid

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMC Software (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I first received a basic get to know you call. The process took around 15 minutes but the interviewer seem to be in a hurry to finish up the phone call. The interviewer wanted to make sure you knew exactly what BMC does, who they do business with, their previous 10-K, product pillars, and etc. They did not state what exactly an intern role would entail with their company nor did they allow the possibility for questions, considering he/she was in a hurry to finish up the phone call. Overall the experience was ordinary but I would of appreciated a little more enthusiasm from the recruiter.