BMC Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMC Software Interview Questions

Interviews at BMC Software

1. Featured Interview

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software (Pune (India)).

Interview

It was nicely organised. Mails were appropriately sent in time. The HR was responsive. All the interview process till recruitment went well. I was informed in time. The people conduction interview was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Are open for flexible shifts?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMC Software (Houston, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online, Contacted by HR, Set up interview. The process was what I had been described by HR. I felt welcome and made the process more enjoyable.

Platform Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software (Houston, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

Interview process was quite long took more than a month, I was interviewed by Director, Senior Manager, Manager and the Human Resource lady at that time I was working at BMC as a contractor already. I knew in person the Senior IT manager and the IT Manager. Bottom line you have to know the right people to get hired in BMC. Its not what you know that counts its who you know. We all started somewhere once upon a time that made us who we are now.

Interview Questions

• Standard hardware and troubleshooting question for daily IT support.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BMC Software.

Interview

Standard resume submit, if someone likes what they see, you'll get an email and a call set up to chat with the gatekeeper/HR person. Will then set you up with the hiring manager, and possibly a series of others to speak with you.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software (Cary, NC) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was a multi week process starting with 2 phone interviews and a final on site. There was a case report to prepare and a pitch. Overall I found the interview process to be very well organized and provided excellent feedback and constant communication.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BMC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software (Cary, NC) in March 2019.

Interview

They start with a phone screen, then a phone interview, if you pass that they set you with a Mock Sales Pitch call, last they have you come in an perform a whiteboard presentation. The annoying thing is after the first four screening calls they brought me in pumped up made me study for days for a presentation,. After I gave the presentation which they said I nailed, they sent me an email stating I was not right for the position. I feel like this information could have been accessed in the first four calls rather than continuing to waiste my time.

Interview Questions

• What lead you to wanting to move into the IT industry?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2019.

Interview

I had three interview s. First with HR, than with the Manager and the last with two architects. Some of the interviews were rescheduled multiple times. There were no preparation tasks given.

Interview Questions

• All questions were about my experience. There were no questions that would test my knowledge or skills.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMC Software in September 2018.

Interview

First interview passed the exam.
    Second interview, the interviewer didn’t show up 😳
    I let my recruiter know that was not professional, they called and apologized.
    My worst experience was during the third interview:
    1. One of the interviewers, was sitting far from the phone that I had to mention I can not hear him so he came next to the phone , Seriously!!!
    2. I solved the algorithm challenge in couple of ways, but one of the interviewers kept asking for another solution that he had in his mind
    3. Very un-professional way of asking questions and using words like do you understand...
    4. Didn’t ask if I have any questions at the end of the interview

Overall interview experience: NEGATIVE

Senior Value Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software in July 2018.

Interview

I applied on their company site through LinkedIn. The recruiter called setup a meeting within a week. After which the manager was to interview me. The manager setup meetings with me 3 times and never showed once. I contacted the recruiter who said that they are going a different direction.

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software.

Interview

It is a long process... initial call with recruiter, 2 weeks later a call with a manager, then a case study with 4 managers on the phone... then a face to face

Interview Questions

• What would your enemy say a weakness of yours is?   1 Answer

BMC Software Response

Jul 13, 2018 – Employee Experience Coordinator

We were pleased to see that your overall experience was positive. We wish you the best of luck in your career search.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a 30 minutes phone screen with the project manager. The next step was a 1-hour technical interview with two members of the team and lastly an on-site interview with all members of the team. The whole process from phone screening to a final decision took 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience, project you participated?
      Have you ever been in a situation where the customer wasn't agreeing to the terms? How did you deal with the situation?   1 Answer

BMC Software Response

Jul 13, 2018 – Employee Experience Coordinator

Thank for your comments .