BMC Software Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 259 of over 259 interviews

Recruiter21%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

BMC Software

Application

I interviewed at BMC Software

Interview

The interview was comprised of technical questions and soft skills. Technical questions include network troubleshooting, SQL command examples, operating systems (both Linux and Windows) configuration and troubleshooting, etc. The soft skills including a role play with troubleshooting Control-M workload automation software with a client experiencing a critical production issue.

Interview Questions
  • How would you harden a server running Red Hat OS?
    Answer Question

BMC Software

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at BMC Software in Jun 2021

Interview

Interview got re-scheduled once due to unavailability of Sr PM. Interview went quite well and I was hopeful to get call for next round but seems interviewer was looking for some different aspects.

Interview Questions
  • How will you convince a customer for not delivering any feature?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMC Software (Pune) in Jun 2021

Interview

I had a technical interview by referral, I will say everything goes smooth until the last 15 min, They ask for very basic concepts and if u know a bit of advanced part and good SQL knowledge you can easily crack the interview by I guess wasn't prepared enough. That's it for me.

Interview Questions
  • basic java questions, oop concepts, program snippets, and a bit of data structures.

BMC Software

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at BMC Software

Interview

2 technical 1 mangerial : interview lever is not that much difficul , it toally manual plus automation qa question: They will ask you scenario based questions as well. But the rounds will taken as per their time availability. All the best

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMC Software (Pune)

Interview

Very Bad Experience !! Not expected from BMC atleast !! HR sent an MCQ test link via mail even though the job description was not relevant to my present experience. As I'm searching new job actively I gave the test which was pretty easy and answered 90℅ questions correctly, then they asked to share details like Current salary, Expected Salary etc 1 week after that HR sent a mail stating that they cannot proceed further as my test score and profile did not match their expectations. I have only 3 questions to the HR- (i) How did they shortlist my profile before sending me the test link ? (ii) Do they only shortlist candidates with 100℅ test score ? (iii) Why were the unnecessary details collected if my test score and profile did not match their expectations ?

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

BMC Software

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BMC Software

Interview

Moderate level difficulty There were four rounds total- Sometimes vary Technical two rounds Communication round HR round/ manager round There were work flows questions Integration questions Overall it was moderate level interview Older/ previous company project questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BMC Software

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMC Software

Interview

phone interview in angular interview in angular : 1 - tell about your self 2- tell about your works and experience 3-tell me what is angular 4-angular completion 5-compnents communication 6-how to make call with api 3-

Interview Questions
  • interview in angular : 1 - tell about your self 2- tell about your works and experience 3-tell me what is angular 4-angular completion 5-compnents communication 6-how to make call with api

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software (London, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Started with Area Director moved up the chain with a total of 5 interviews ending with the director of sales for EMEA. The interview process is very structured and you should prepare as if it were a sales call.

Interview Questions
  • What is your sales process? What are your leading indicators?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at BMC Software (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2021

Interview

Applied, spoke with the recruiter about the whole process. The recruiter was ready to answer any questions etc however I found that most of the provided weren't really aligned with those that I have been asked in the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What is your biggest challenge How have you handled X situation in the past Are you competitive ETC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buenos Aires

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BMC Software (Buenos Aires) in Feb 2021

Interview

El proceso duro como un mes. Empezando con un llamado del reclutador, después una entrevista de 30 minutos con él también. Luego me tocó hacer una presentación donde me dieron el nombre de un banco para que buscara a la persona correcta, y tuve que elegir el producto adecuado de bmc para ofrecerle. Acá hice una presentación que les gusto, me llevó un buen trabajo de investigación y valoraron eso. Entonces pase a la etapa final que era una presentación con pizarra blanca, donde me dieron un esquema para dibujar y texto largo para explicar con mis palabras (todo en 8 minutos max); esto me llevo varios días de estudio y preparación que debí hacer en base a mi criterio, porque nadie me explicó que irían a evaluar. También les gusto, y por eso entré simultáneamente a una entrevista 1 a 1 con una bdr para que me muestre qué hace en su día a día. Una semana después el reclutador me agendó 15 minutos de call para decirme que habían seleccionado a un candidato con 10 años de experiencia y que buscaban un perfil de ese tipo. Me molestó el hecho de haber llegado hasta la última etapa, cuando al parecer sabían desde el primer momento que contratarían al candidato con más experiencia, podían haberme descartado en la primera etapa y de esa manera ahorrarme la pérdida de tiempo.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 259 Interviews