BMO Capital Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMO Capital Markets Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

This was an extremely unprofessional and unethical process. I come from a university that is considered "non-target" at BMO even though they gave three offers out to students at my university last year and we place 30+ students in banking every year. This year they invited 2 of us to superdays, kept postponing it, and a VP who is an alum from my university told me what was really happening. I was being placed on hold and they were planning on just keeping me on my feet postponing my pending superday in hopes that I would just give up. I withdrew my application and told them about how unprofessional and unethical the process had been

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the various sections of a pitch book in order.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets.

Interview

Behavioral mostly, not bad at all. Didn't get picked for second round, not sure exactly why. But interview was easy. On campus, applied through career site, 30 minute 2 on 1 interview

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets.

Interview

I am only at the first round interview and it was a phone call interview. I applied through school career website and got invitation 2 days before the interview. I think there were half behavioural and half technical questions. I did not expect the interviewers will ask so many accounting stuffs and I could not remember so many accounting stuffs from last semester. So as a non business school student, I feel a little bit overwhelming .

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets in September 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview. I applied randomly on my college career site, then randomly got a phone interview. I was very unprepared, so it was difficult, but objectively it wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• What is WACC, what is another name for it, why does it matter,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview after applying on my school's hiring website. It was mostly conversational and comfortable and I explained that I have taken more accounting than finance classes so for my two technical questions, he asked me a more accounting related question and then a question about the stock market overall.

Interview Questions

• What is your overall view of the stock market right now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

This process was the best IB interview I have ever had. My interviewer had a conversational approach and tried to get to know me as a person. There was not a single technical question asked. All I did was apply on my careers website through my university and I was scheduled for a first and second round. In each, they have been super nice and no technical questions at all!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Investment Banking? Why BMO? What interests you in business? How do you approach challenges?   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets in August 2017.

Interview

This was a first-round interview that was conducted over the phone. Learned of the program through a family friend and it sounded like something I'd be interested in, so I applied.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in trading?
      Tell me a little bit about your academic background
      Do you think you can be a successful member of a team? Why?
      Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university recruiting website. I was selected for a first round phone interview. The interview was strictly behavioral questions; it took about 20 minutes. A few days later I was invited for a superday in Houston. The superday consisted of 4 30 minute interviews with various people in the office. It was highly conversational and the people were nice. A week later I received a phone call indicating that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Which financial statement is most important in determining the credit worthiness of a company?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Notre Dame, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice and clearly just trying to get to know you as a person. Approached it as a conversation, rather than a test. One thing I didn't like was that I was asked in detail every other bank I was talking to. Feel like I incriminated myself by being honest. Seemed like interviewer checked out when I mentioned a couple of BBs.

Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (New York, NY).

Interview

They were very polite through the entire process and kept fairly good communication through dealing with travel and other things. Two rounds of interviews. Both were very fit/market focused with very little trading/math questions.

Interview Questions

• If I asked you what happened to gold today and why, would you be able to tell me?   Answer Question