BMO Capital Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMO Capital Markets Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university recruiting website. I was selected for a first round phone interview. The interview was strictly behavioral questions; it took about 20 minutes. A few days later I was invited for a superday in Houston. The superday consisted of 4 30 minute interviews with various people in the office. It was highly conversational and the people were nice. A week later I received a phone call indicating that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Which financial statement is most important in determining the credit worthiness of a company?   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (New York, NY).

Interview

They were very polite through the entire process and kept fairly good communication through dealing with travel and other things. Two rounds of interviews. Both were very fit/market focused with very little trading/math questions.

Interview Questions

• If I asked you what happened to gold today and why, would you be able to tell me?   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

There was a 30 minute phone interview for the first round. I was notified I had made it to the second round a week and half later and was going to be flown to Chicago for a super day. The super day consisted of 4-30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through how a $5 depreciation impacts the 3 financial statements?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

After waiting for 2 months for "internal approval" to interview, I received the "drop and run" notification from my recruiter. I moved my calendar around and was poised, prompt and professional for the interview. I met with the Administrative Manager who asked about availability, experience, team members - even said I would be an excellent fit with one of the other administrative support members. She asked me my availability to return for a 2nd interview the following week. No one was more surprised than I was to receive the call from my recruiter and was told I a) didn't sell myself; and b) didn't ask enough questions about the company. Seriously? I'm beginning to think she didn't read my resume and was intimidated by the value and experience I would bring to the table. Not the professional experience I expected from a reputable company like BMO. Still trying to figure this one out.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to start immediately?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Notre Dame, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice and clearly just trying to get to know you as a person. Approached it as a conversation, rather than a test. One thing I didn't like was that I was asked in detail every other bank I was talking to. Feel like I incriminated myself by being honest. Seemed like interviewer checked out when I mentioned a couple of BBs.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks applying through a campus recruiting website. It was overall a tough interview but there was only a couple rounds before a superday. Both behavioral and technical questions and they really want to know how you think and how much you actually know.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus, had one phone interview and one super day. They asked questions about the market and how bonds are priced, with a big emphasis on fit. The super-day was spent speaking with four people in 30 minute increments.

Summer Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume on their website, and I also had my resume passed along to a BMO recruiter. I received a call in early February asking if I was still interested. I said yes and less than a week later I had a phone interview. After that, I was asked to attend a Superday in Chicago for a two hour interview, consisting of four-30 minute interviews, on a Friday. I received noticed that I didn't get the job the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavior questions.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through all three financial statements and how they interact.   Answer Question
    • Two companies, structured the same and same earnings, if one was trading at 20 p/e and the other at 15 p/e, which do you buy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Cocktail dinner with two MDs before on-campus final round. Made the interview kind of awkward unless you struck up a really good conversation. Those dinners are inevitably difficult unless you're extremely outgoing. Overall not very thoughtful interviewers, more just seeing who they could hit it off with. They also forgot to get back to me - whereas every other bank did.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I started the BMO Capital Markets, Houston process when I was studying abroad. I had 3 phone interviews, each with 2-3 interviewers. They did get technical but nothing complex. Was brought in for a superday in mid-December & had 5 interviews with 14 people total. Everyone was friendly, intelligent, nice, and overall seemed like a great team. Fortunate enough to get the offer the next day & accepted.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your Resume? Why Energy? Why Houston? Why BMO? How do I value an Oil Well? $10 Depreciation through 3 Financial? 1 Brainteaser   Answer Question