Big Y Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicopee, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Big Y Foods (Chicopee, MA).

Interview

The interview is easy if they ask you to come in for a second interview you most likely got the job if you pass the drug test. The interview was laid back and if you are willing to learn then you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer complaint?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Easy, simple questions, problem solving skills, customer skills. Very straightforward questioning, the interviewee was very nice, and gave me a very firm handshake. Almost ripped my arm off. Overall the easiest interview i have ever had to do.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Big Y Foods.

Interview

Filed an online application, within 3 days received a telephone call (while I was grocery shopping) asking if I could come in for an interview and apologized for the short notice. Ran down to the warehouse and began the interview process. Sat down with 2 warehouse managers and they asked me about myself, and gave me a tour of the facility, and explained the job thoroughly. Then I met with an office manager who sat me down and explained the pay rate, Insurances, and all that good stuff. She was very nice and made me feel comfortable (as did the other 2). I was interviewed on a Friday, and told that if I was considered as a candidate I would hear back about 10 days later. 3 days later, I received a call asking me to come in for a second interview. I was immediately offered the job and accepted. All in all a good interview/hiring process which made me feel comfortable and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• if you could be any animal, which would you choose?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations on pay rate or benefits, which they make clear from the start. It is a set rate, with set raised at 6 mo.s and 1 yr. Very affordable health insurance, too.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Big Y Foods (New York, NY).

Interview

They take you into a back room and ask a bunch of questions such as why do you want to work for big y? and are you available. They mostly hire you on availability. If you don't have a good schedule then don't bother applying

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Y Foods (Shelton, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Hiring center. Simple. I walked in and walked out with a job. As long as you can handle it they hire you. I got seafood. Woo hoo seafood. Oh yes. Fish and chips for life baby.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Big Y Foods.

Interview

You meet with a human resources person first then a manager. You may interview with someone at another store than the one your applying for. General questions are asked by HR then more management questions are asked by the manager. It could be quick but it usually takes a while because there are so many people involved with a huge lack of communication between them.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Y Foods (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It went well, the interviewer was very fair and asked good questions. It was not a lengthy process, I had a good understanding of what the position I was applying held.

Wine Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Big Y Foods.

Interview

Mostly electronic process where if you pass the online tests you may be called for an interview. Found process a bit dehumanizing and inaccurate. Questions designed to dig into an applicant 's personality

Cashier/Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big Y Foods.

Interview

Quick conversation with Hiring Manager/Customer Service Manager. Basic tell me about yourself, your experience, why you applied, etc. Very customer-service focused. Definitely be prepared to discuss your customer service skills, have a friendly attitude, and show devotion and determination.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Deli/Seafood Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Big Y Foods in October 2015.

Interview

I like the fact that management when interviewing focuses on how they evaluated the way I carried myself during the interview process. This is clearly a company that cares about the team chemistry that each individual team member in any Big Y Foods store can contribute to. I like the fact that the company praises individual performance recognition such as employee of the month, and other activities that build encouragement and positive energy.

Interview Questions

• Very common-sense, and real world questions that value the importance of customer service.   1 Answer