Big Y Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Big Y Foods

1.9

Sort:

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big Y Foods in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very typical. Questions were very reasonable. They asked a lot about your background and interests. A few questions were situation based to see how you would handle typical day to day problems that occur in this environment.

Anonymous Employee in Walpole, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Big Y Foods (Walpole, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview is quite simple. Standard background checks and phone and in person interview to get to know you and see if your fit for the job. Asked what position I would like to fill and what my availability is and where I see myself in 3- 5 years. The interview process was quite pleasant. The managers were straight forward and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Chicopee, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Big Y Foods (Chicopee, MA).

Interview

The interview is easy if they ask you to come in for a second interview you most likely got the job if you pass the drug test. The interview was laid back and if you are willing to learn then you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer complaint?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Interview

Easy, simple questions, problem solving skills, customer skills. Very straightforward questioning, the interviewee was very nice, and gave me a very firm handshake. Almost ripped my arm off. Overall the easiest interview i have ever had to do.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with an angry customer?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Ludlow, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big Y Foods (Ludlow, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 Step process. First online questionairre. Then with HR. Once you clear that level then you meet with the store manager. After 2 days if accepted go back for paperwork and in store drug test swab

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Big Y Foods (New York, NY).

Interview

They take you into a back room and ask a bunch of questions such as why do you want to work for big y? and are you available. They mostly hire you on availability. If you don't have a good schedule then don't bother applying

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Big Y Foods.

Interview

once I put in my application, (which took almost an hour and a half to complete) I got called within a week to set up an interview. the dress code for the interview was business professional. lasted about 25 mins. was told to take a drug test within the next 24 hours. only sketchy part was that I was told I was hired at as part-time cashier (which means no less than 18 hours per week and no more than 30) and that's exactly what I was looking for, BUT after two months my hours started to drop. when I brought the subject up to my managers and Employee Services Rep, they stated that I was hired as Casual, not Part-time. which means 25 or less. yet I remember specifically accepting the job offer because they promised to give me 25+ hours a week.

Interview Questions

• if I was willing to quit my other two jobs and work solely for Big Y   1 Answer

Negotiation

they agreed to pay me more than my other 2 jobs were paying me by the hour. agreed to give me the 25-30 hours I was looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Walpole, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Big Y Foods (Walpole, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

Basic questions, very friendly, easy hire. They were very easy going and made you feel comfortable. I had one interview and then had to take a drug test. After that I was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Glastonbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Y Foods (Glastonbury, CT) in January 2011.

Interview

Very simple process with questions that you would expect from a job interview. Overall just be composed and act the way you normally do. This company is seeking employees who are hard working but also know how to have a good time occassionally. Just enjoy yourself and you will be good in this interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Big Y Foods (Worcester, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very simple and to the point, no trick questions. I had a great opportunity to ask any and all questions I had about the company and the job and felt well respected. Dress was business casual. After the interview I took a brief tour and met friendly employees in various departments.