BioMed Realty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2017

2.3

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BioMed Realty (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

1. HR Screening. It lasted for 15 minutes. Nothing unexpected. Mostly just wanted to get to know you and your current role.

2. 3 hours In person interview with the finance team (5-6 people). Nothing too technical. The people were nice and friendly.

3. Excel test (around 1/2 hour)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BioMed Realty (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

applied online then received a phone call. It was a brief screening, and afterwards I was invited for an interview on campus. The interviewers seemed disengaged, but the whole process was very easy.

I followed up with a thank you email, and then again a week after the initial email. Never received a response. Very disrespectful for a company to ignore candidates like they did, if a candidate takes the time and effort to apply and then interview, have the decency to let them know they are not movinng forward in the interview.

Internal Audit Interview

Interview

It was very efficient and effective because I got to talk to both the director and the manager from Internal audit department. And from the interview I had basic knowledge of what to expect and how to better prepare myself for the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a team before and how did you like it?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BioMed Realty.

Interview

Interviewed with four different people on the team, senior accountant, accounting manager, controller and HR director. Interview questions were surprisingly very easy. Very basic, non technical questions. Hiring managers were friendly and laid back for the most part. The interview experience was positive despite not getting an offer. I think it was mutually accepted that it just wasn't a good culture fit.

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BioMed Realty (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Super Day. Round Robin with Associates, Senior Analysts, and VP. Not the easiest thing but definitely manageable. Need to know a lot about the company, competitors, and the space they occupy. The REIT industry is large so be comfortable with major REIT companies especially in the life-science real estate space (maybe healthcare too). All in all, you will be fine so long as you prepare and understand the industry (cliche but true).

Interview Questions

• Multitude of Financial aptitude questions, career goals, some curve ball academic finance questions, etc. not bad   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BioMed Realty (Rancho Bernardo, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Received a call from HR to schedule an interview the following week and was informed that it would be face to face. Approximately 4 days prior to the interview, I was informed that it would be a phone interview with HR.

The phone interview with HR was fairly straight forward and in a conversational manner. Once completed, we scheduled a time to meet with one of the hiring managers the following week. That interview went very well and again was in a conversational manner. We discussed my management style and experience along with how I would handle various situations when the direct supervisor would not be available to answer questions or concerns regarding assigned projects.

Upon completion of the face to face interview, HR came in and informed me of the next steps of the process and said they would be in touch with me within the week. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary or overly complex.   1 Answer