Biolife Plasma Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Plasma Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Layton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Layton, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

Asked me about why I wanted to work there, future educational goals, and asked about moral dilemmas and what I would do. They asked me about the medical significance of plasma proteins to gauge my understanding. Overall, pretty laid back. The interviewer let me ask him questions and it was a good experience overall.

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Springfield, MO) in March 2019.

Interview

Initially spoke w/John for a phone interview. Felt that went great. The Face2Face interview was w/Dan & Mark (I believe). After the typical interview questions were asked & answered, I was taken to the clinic floor w/the Clinical Supervisor. He took me through each step of the donation process. Loved it!

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an upset donor that was expecting $70 & was unable to donate?   Answer Question

Senior Plasma Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Saint George, UT).

Interview

I had applied online and was called in for an in person interview. I was offered a job within a week of interviewing. The whole application and interview process was pretty painless. The questions asked were very similar to questions I have been asked when interviewing with retail stores for a retail associate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful situation at a job and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations about salary. They basically told me what my hourly wage was when they offered me a position.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Sheboygan, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

The questions asked during the interview are intended to evaluate your ethical and moral courage than your ability to do the daily tasks of the job. They believe you can train a person to do the task, but you cannot teach someone to be ethic. They are looking for real life examples of times that you had to make difficult decisions, have an uncomfortable conversation with a Supervisor or co-worker pertaining to their own work performance etc. You must have specific stories and examples, general statements about what you think you would do in those situations will not be good enough.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you saw a co-worker doing something unethical. How did you handle it? What response did you get in return?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Green Bay, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

Process lasted over a month. Had a brief phone interview to begin. Met with an assistant manager and another RN for a first interview, then job shadowed that same day for about 2 hours. Got a call back for another interview, which happened about two weeks later. Had that interview, and was about another three weeks before I got an offer. The offer was a position as an RN, but not at all the hours or days discussed during the interview process. Transparency during the interviews and discussions about schedule would have been much easier than going through the long process only to be offered something completely different.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the things that nag you when you're laying in bed at night about work   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Austin, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Internal interview, first via phone and then in person. I was asked to prepare a PowerPoint presentation. The in-person interview was planned to be two interviewers, although one of them could not attend due to an emergency. The process contained no surprises to me (although I have been involved in dozens of candidate interviews previously)

Interview Questions

• What is your plan to keep the center prepared for regulatory inspections   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Springfield, MO) in August 2018.

Interview

I was called to come in for an interview. When I got there you tell the person at front desk and the call the manager. We went into the office and he asked about me, why I wanted to work there then offered my a job. Then he took me to get a lab coat on and had me shadow a phlebotomist for about 10 mins then took me to the front to shadow the physical part before donation for about 15 mins. After that asked me did I think I would like it there and told me when to be there for my 1st day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to apply at Biolife?   Answer Question
    • Do you have an experience in phlebotomy?   Answer Question
    • Do you know anything about how the donation process?   1 Answer
    • Do you know anything about what the plasma is used for?   1 Answer
    • Have you even used a 17 gauge needle during a ventipuncture?   1 Answer
    • What did you do at your last job?   1 Answer
    • What were your likes and dislikes at your last employer?   Answer Question
    • What do you think your references and past managers will say about your job performance when I call?   Answer Question
    • Are you interested in cross training?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Saint Cloud, MN) in March 2019.

Interview

The initial call to interview was relatively quick - maybe 2 or 3 days after applying. I got in the following day for the first interview which was great! The gal who interviewed me was very personable and friendly. We discussed dress code and I was provided a tour of the facility. I was told I would be receiving a call to set up a second interview with the center manager shortly. I left this session feeling great and welcomed.

Over a week later, I had not heard anything so I called to follow up. I was told at this time that they had not forgotten about me and I would be contacted the same day or the following. 4-5 days later, I finally received the call. I interviewed with the center manager and it was completely different than my initial interview. She was very cold and somewhat rude. She was questioning my previous experiences as if there was no way I could have performed such large tasks/positions. The second interview experience ultimately resulted in me choosing a different employment opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you did not agree with a supervisor's decisions and what you did in that situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Green Bay, WI) in January 2018.

Interview

Filled out online application, received email to set up phone interview, two days later had phone interview (basic info about the facility, the job applied for, benefits etc. basic question of why you want the job, why you’d be a good fit for company and work history in detail”.) in the in person interview they tour you around the facility and i was offered the job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job, what makes you the person to hire, strengths in a work place, situation where you had a angry customer and how did you handle it, what type of work environment do you thrive in etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (Atlanta, GA) in January 2019.

Interview

Very easy to follow and complete. Informative about the company and procedures followed. Asked about employment history and past job experiences. Have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biolife Plasma Services (State College, PA).

Interview

Got called for a phone interview. Didn't get the message until they were already closed for the day. Called back the next morning and they said they'd call me back when they had the questions ready in a few hours... I waited 72 hours without being called back before calling again. Management was "too busy" to take my call and the person who answered the phone took a message. Never got called back.