CDM Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CDM Smith Interview Questions

2.5

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith.

Interview

1st round called from HR for basic question, 2nd round with one of engineer and just went over resume. First two round was easy, however, last it was with four people individually. First two people were also easy and just go over your resume and asked some basic interview question. Last two people are asked many behavior question and I got around 10 behavior question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when your co-worker work in slow peace, how would you motivate him ?
      Tell me a time when your co-worker are lazy, what you going to do ?
      Answer Question

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had an enjoyable phone interview with someone in HR, who told me they'd get in contact by the end of that day to schedule an in-person interview. Four days passed with no word so I reached out via email to check back on the position and again never received a reply. I certainly understand when I'm not the right candidate for a position, however being notified of that is much more preferable than being completely ignored.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of your experience that would make you a good candidate for the position.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDM Smith.

Interview

Initially spoke to the internship coordinator located at the Boston headquarters. Had an in-person interview with 4 members of the company. Talked about my resume and my previous work experience. Total time was about an hour and a half. Spoke to each person for roughly 30-40 minutes. Finished with a tour of the office where I was able to meet other people who worked there.

I interviewed pretty late in the game, so I was offered the position within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Are you considering graduate school?
      What was your previous internship?
      Are you organized?
      Answer Question

Civil Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter asking if I was available for the position that I had applied almost two months back. After the initial screening interview by the recruiter, a phone interview was set up with the hiring manager who brushed through my resume and talked about the position and asked about my experiences in the area. Following this, I was invited to their Indianapolis office the very next week for an in-person interview with the team there. I was again asked about my previous work experience and graduate coursework projects and some generic behavioral questions. At the interview I was told that they would get back to me in one to two weeks. Just a day before the second week was about to end, I was informed that they could not extend an offer because of their current project demands and projections. Although the overall experience was positive before the interview, I somehow found the reason that they gave for not extending an offer pretty lame.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience in the capacity of a Senior Engineer at your previous company?   1 Answer

Planner II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied the Transportation Planner II position, and got contacted with a senior planner of this company. The senior planner was very nice, who encouraged me to join their company. I got HR's phone interview several days after I applied. She was nice and we had a friendly chatting. After a couple of days, I was arranged to have a phone interview with the hire manager. We also had a wonderful chatting. Then I got an on-site interview opportunity after several days. The on-site interview was arranged with one or two employers at a time. And I was interviewed with 5 employers in total, spent 4 hours or so.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with Travel Demand Modeling? Tell me about the project that you have done.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Orlando, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

The initial phone screen interview went smooth; the recruiter was prompt in communicating to arrange the in-person interview and ask questions. The day of the in-person interview was a bit disorganized--the interviewers didn't seem organized; I arrived on time and waited almost 30 minutes in the reception area before someone walked me to the interview. The interview last TWO HOURS and after following up several times with the recruiter and the hiring manager, NOBODY returned a message. I never received a follow-up. Unprofessional in tying up the interview process. I won't work there if that's how they treat potential employees.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? (A generic interview question)   Answer Question

Geotechnical Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDM Smith in May 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter asking basic HR questions, followed up by another phone interview with a senior engineer. After this second interview, I was told that the engineer felt the interview went well and that they wanted to fly me out for an in-person interview and I would be contacted about travel arrangements. Then nothing. I followed up with emails both to the recruiter and engineer expressing my interest in the position still. I heard back from the recruiter stating that the engineers in the office were deciding how to proceed and that he would be in touch within the next couple of days to arrange travel and then I never heard back, and never heard anything from the engineer I contacted directly.

Interview Questions

• What is your geotechnical background? What classes have you taken? Tell me about your past internships. Why are you interested in this location? How did you hear about the job?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDM Smith.

Interview

Very simple and basic phone interview about self and experience. Was not bad at all, however, the interviewer seemed preoccupied. Difficult to talk to someone and answer their questions when that person seems to not be interested in your response.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith in March 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. I took it upon myself to find the hiring manager and VP and continued to contact them until an in-person interview was scheduled.
    At the interview the VP arrived and asked me some very informal questions. He then invited a PM and a design engineer who happened to be in the office to ask me their own questions. The interview was mostly informal. Was asked about previous projects and about computer program proficiency (Primavera, Microsoft Project). They were mostly interested in getting a sense of my personality rather than what the answers to my questions were. Even if you don't know the answer, its ok...they just want to know that you're not a moron and at least know that there are things you aren't aware of but would be able to learn.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about CPM?   1 Answer
    • Which Primavera have you had experience with?   1 Answer
    • How many miles of pipeline were you in charge of constructing in your previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Waited 3 weeks without hearing bacl at all. I called the VP and was told that I would receive an offer soon. But it hasn't arrived. Will update upon receiving actual offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CDM Smith.

Interview

Phone interview was great, all my questions were answered and the interview was not very lengthy. My qualifications were reviewed and the project questions were answered clearly. The time frame was 2 separate phone calls with 4 parties on each call.