CDM Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Specifications Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Denver, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved an initial phone call with senior staff at CDM Smith. After I cleared that process, I went to a person to person interview in CDM Smith's local office. I was offered the job, but a formal offer with salary was brought to me weeks later. Overall, the interview process was direct but informal and the overall friendly and informative staff was very much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Describe your qualifications for this position?   1 Answer

Construction Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith.

Interview

Phone interview, in-person interview. Process was typical. Didn't ask many technical questions as this was just the first interview. Hope to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get many difficult questions. They were mainly trying to get to know me.   Answer Question

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (San Juan, PR) in January 2014.

Interview

I went to several interview with different managers, the process were smoth and the treatment very professional, and polite, they keep in contact every step of the process. I felt very conftable during the interviews and they treat me with respect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

About 2, 3 weeks after applying for the position I was contacted by an HR coordinator from corporate (MA) to conduct a brief phone screening. That went well, and he confirmed that he'd want me to speak with the PM. I had another brief phone discussion with the PM and he wanted to coordinate a meeting with him and the project team. About 2 weeks later, I met with him and the assistant PM. So with a total of 3 interviews, all were very informal, however they were very candid with job description and stressed the need for you to travel. There aren't any questions asked like, "So why should we hire you?" "What are your weaknesses" it's more like an open discussion of what your experience is and what they look for in a candidate for potential hire

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel?   Answer Question
    • From your industry experience, what side are you mostly familiar with: owners rep/owner/etc or project manager/field engineer/etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Chelmsford, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I got an initial phone interview a week or so after I applied to the job online. After the phone interview I was asked in for an in person interview. During that time I met with four different people who work for CDM Smith. It was helpful to get different perspectives of how the company works. Overall the interview lasted two hours and was very informal.

Anonymous Employee in Tucker Post Office, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Tucker Post Office, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

it took 2 hours, asking about previous experiences. How I interacted with clients, contractors and other company personnel. They described what they were looking for in a person for this position. The interviewer asked about my references. The interviewer asked about my education. The interviewer asked about my past employers.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about informing the contractor if something was wrong.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I had one interview with CDM Smith. I got an email and call from HR about 2 weeks after I applied online. After initial questions with their HR, I was scheduled to interview the next week with one senior office staff over the phone (I was not a local candidate). The interview was an hour long. They asked me mostly about my current job. how job experience overlapped with their qualification requirements.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

One on one interview in which my future supervisor asked me several questions about my past design and project management experience, including client management experience. Questions included specifics on pipeline and pump station design projects, hydraulic modeling projects and water supply planning projects. In addition, interview included questions about my experience with giving presentations as this would be an important part of the (new) position.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDM Smith.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to schedule a phone interview. The initial phone interview went really well, and the recruiter asked me on the phone when I was free to speak with the hiring manager. I told her my availability and she excitedly told me that she will be sure to have me speak with the hiring manager the following day. Nothing was set up for me to speak with the hiring manager the following day, so I sent a follow up email, and she did not respond. I then called her the week after to make sure she was receiving my emails and she said she was and that she was sorry about the delay. She asked again for my availability for the following day and I told her. Again, nothing was set up. I sent her a few follow up emails over the span of three weeks after that and never heard back. Found it to be very unprofessional.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewed with one engineer in round one off site, then two other engineers on site in round two. All behavioral (ie tell us about a time you worked in a group, etc) no technical questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDM Smith in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was pleasant and welcoming. I had the opportunity to share my experiences and skills, and got to meet other employees. The interviewing process was professional and structured, but there was room to ask questions.