CDM Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Planner II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied the Transportation Planner II position, and got contacted with a senior planner of this company. The senior planner was very nice, who encouraged me to join their company. I got HR's phone interview several days after I applied. She was nice and we had a friendly chatting. After a couple of days, I was arranged to have a phone interview with the hire manager. We also had a wonderful chatting. Then I got an on-site interview opportunity after several days. The on-site interview was arranged with one or two employers at a time. And I was interviewed with 5 employers in total, spent 4 hours or so.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with Travel Demand Modeling? Tell me about the project that you have done.   Answer Question

FEMA Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Miami, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

First you have to fill out application, then there is a register online that has to be done, following contract recruiter and his name to registration, then an online training for inspection process. As far as I got when I realized this job not worth the compensation.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview then was brought in for an in person interview with the design manager and designers. It was thorough and professional. It seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my work history, employment designs, to go through my portfolio of work, etc.   Answer Question

Information Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The interview was easy, they had a direct need for my services and I was more than qualified to meet those needs. I was offered the job right after the interview, by the interviewer

Interview Questions

• Mostly task/job description focused   1 Answer

Geologist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Edison, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very much enjoyable and smooth. I really do appreciate CDM smith's thoroughness and follow-up that they displayed during their interview process.

It started out with an initial phone screening with one of their HR representatives, followed up with another phone interview with my manager, where he asked me about my experience background, personality and future goals. Once I got passed that, CDM smith requested a face to face interview in their Edison, NJ office, where I met with four different people from their infrastructure and technology field group.
    The whole interview was really enjoyable and insightful, I was very relaxed and I felt a very welcoming environment from all the people I met. I came out of the interview feeling very positive and happy.
    During the whole hiring process, one of their HR personnel was constantly following up with me, calling me and sending me instructional emails several times a week, I found that it was very helpful and projected the impressive work quality and culture that CDM smith has. After one week of my face to face interview I got a phone call telling me that the client they were working with approved my qualifications and they sent me a job offer explaining all the benefits and financial compensation I would be receiving if the offer was accepted, pending the background check, which they conducted fairly quickly.

The overall process was really professional and admirable, it brings me great joy to be part of such a well respected and renowned company.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDM Smith (East Hartford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process took almost 2 hours. I was interviewed by 5 different people. Very tiring because you end up repeating yourself 5 different times. All the employees were very kind and attentive, felt heard and the desire to be part of the team.

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CDM Smith in November 2016.

Interview

Was flown out and provided hotel. Had interview early the next morning where I spoke with 5 different employees ranging from entry level engineers to senior managers. Interviews went very well, several times mentioned 'when I start working there'. Was told I would hear back within the next month but did not hear hear back for another 3 months after my interview even though I sent multiple emails checking the status of the job.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDM Smith.

Interview

1st round called from HR for basic question, 2nd round with one of engineer and just went over resume. First two round was easy, however, last it was with four people individually. First two people were also easy and just go over your resume and asked some basic interview question. Last two people are asked many behavior question and I got around 10 behavior question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when your co-worker work in slow peace, how would you motivate him ?
      Tell me a time when your co-worker are lazy, what you going to do ?   Answer Question

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had an enjoyable phone interview with someone in HR, who told me they'd get in contact by the end of that day to schedule an in-person interview. Four days passed with no word so I reached out via email to check back on the position and again never received a reply. I certainly understand when I'm not the right candidate for a position, however being notified of that is much more preferable than being completely ignored.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of your experience that would make you a good candidate for the position.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDM Smith.

Interview

Initially spoke to the internship coordinator located at the Boston headquarters. Had an in-person interview with 4 members of the company. Talked about my resume and my previous work experience. Total time was about an hour and a half. Spoke to each person for roughly 30-40 minutes. Finished with a tour of the office where I was able to meet other people who worked there.

I interviewed pretty late in the game, so I was offered the position within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Are you considering graduate school?
      What was your previous internship?
      Are you organized?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CDM Smith (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter asking if I was available for the position that I had applied almost two months back. After the initial screening interview by the recruiter, a phone interview was set up with the hiring manager who brushed through my resume and talked about the position and asked about my experiences in the area. Following this, I was invited to their Indianapolis office the very next week for an in-person interview with the team there. I was again asked about my previous work experience and graduate coursework projects and some generic behavioral questions. At the interview I was told that they would get back to me in one to two weeks. Just a day before the second week was about to end, I was informed that they could not extend an offer because of their current project demands and projections. Although the overall experience was positive before the interview, I somehow found the reason that they gave for not extending an offer pretty lame.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience in the capacity of a Senior Engineer at your previous company?   1 Answer