California Pizza Kitchen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Boston, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

Very simple process, even if you have never been a waiter even though most places look for experience. I went in person to apply for the job, and they told me to come back for an interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 adjectives   2 Answers

Waiter Interview

Interview

CPK Hawaii holds group interviews every Wednesday. I had to fill out a resume that was provided, which included general questions (experiences, reasons for applying, etc.) and also some questions about ingredients that they use (e.g. types of cheese). The interview was done in a group format (10+ people).

Interview Questions

• The manager asked us questions regarding restaurant service. Standing in front of 10+ other applicants and talking was pretty intimidating.   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Hunt Valley, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I was greeted by the General Manager, we sat down and briefly went over my resume. It didn't really feel like an Interview, it was mostly conversation and going over what my job would look like, e.g salary, dress code etc. I was offered the job on the spot and can't wait to start working there.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Irvine, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I have a friend in management. I filled out an application and waited for a call back. When I interviewed, it was with 2 separate managers. After I got hired, I had to come in to fill out all the necessary paperwork. I received the training packet with all of the menu, company, and employment information to start studying. I was then assigned my training sessions. My first week there were training shifts where I shadowed different positions.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview

Two interviews took place for the interview process
    The first one was with the assistant manager, and the second one with the general manager at the time. The interviews were short and to the point.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Multiple one on one interviews with all managers. I was called back the same day with the job offer. Process was simple and easy as long as you have serving experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to be a team player?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Cherry Hill, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

it was great i went in asked for the general manager its was awesome i really liked the managers and the hiring process was really great poll says its awesome place to work

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Miami, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I was asked basic questions about myself, why I wanted the job, and my experience in service industry. Was told early on that they wanted to hire me and continued to ask about my availability. To officially begin working I had to pass a written exam based on menu items and perform a practical exam where I served two of the restaurant managers as if they were patrons.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite restaurant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy. Basic questions. The manager is super intimidating but don't let her scare you. You'll interview with all three managers, one at a time. Then you'll get a call back.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Lone Tree, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview with the GN, second interview with the scheduling manager. I was hired on the spot at the second interview. Overall very low stress, laid back and easy process.