California Pizza Kitchen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

California Pizza Kitchen Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.2

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen.

Interview

Two interviews took place for the interview process
    The first one was with the assistant manager, and the second one with the general manager at the time. The interviews were short and to the point.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Hackensack, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy and quick. I walked up to the host stand and asked to speak to a manager about a position. She got this lady named Vanessa for me. Vanessa told me to meet her for an interview a few days after. I met with Vanessa and partly with her coworker Kevin who also manages. Kevin talked to me briefly but Vanessa really liked me. So then I met with the GM Jesse. Jesse liked me as well the only downside was taking my piercings out it was a positive experience and I enjoy working for the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They asked me firts my availability, I said that I applied for part time because I was going to school on evenings but I was free mon- friday morning to 4 pm and all weekends and holidays. Then the person who was interviewing me told me that my availability wasn't going to work for them and that he didnt want to waist more time with me since I wont get hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Riverside, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy and quick. Simple questions about what I do in my free time, what I think they value in a hostess, and so on. The manager was very nice and understanding towards me as it was my first job interview ever and I was obviously nervous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Friendly and welcoming interviewers. I went through two interviews and ended up just chatting with both managers about our personal lives. They asked very general interview questions...no curve balls.

Host/Hostess Interview

Interview

I applied online. Got a call about a week later and came in for an interview. I was sat in a booth and waited for the manager to come over. The interview was only about 10 minutes long. The manager got up to talk to other people several times during the interview.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kapolei, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Kapolei, HI) in October 2016.

Interview

really brief and straight to the point. the manager is really friendly and nice. the workplace is very roomy and doesnt feel enclosed in. the employees are really enthusiastic and they make you feel like youre part of a family. pre shift meetings look exciting.

Anonymous Employee in Kapolei, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Kapolei, HI).

Interview

There was a brief interview while applying, second interview with manager and third with the general manager and I enjoyed the experience. Each time it felt as if you were having a conversation rather than being interrogated.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Multiple one on one interviews with all managers. I was called back the same day with the job offer. Process was simple and easy as long as you have serving experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to be a team player?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at California Pizza Kitchen (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied online, she called and asked for my experience and then to come in for an interview, and after going out of my way for an interview, she barely had a 5 minute conversation with me, failed to get my name, and the only question she asked was "Whats your availability" and after telling her, she said I wasn't available enough in the mornings. I feel like she could have spared me the trip and time and told me that my availability wouldn't work OVER THE PHONE. Horrible experience, rude manager.