Caribou Coffee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Community Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Saint Cloud, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

I had two interviews. One with with the managers and another with the store manager. I first sat with the store manager 1:1 she asked me a few questions. Then I had an interview with the floor managers there were 3 of them they also asked me some questions but really just there to get to know me.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Minnetonka, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview with store manager and district manager. They ask very interesting questions like "If you could be anyone in the world, who would it be? " or "Take a moment and look around the store and tell me what you see. Both managers that I interviewed with were very pleasant and encouraging.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Interview

I was greeted by team members and offered something to drink. I didn't know whether they were offering to "give" me something or if they were just offering to accommodate me,so I just asked for water... Turns out the standard is to give you a coffee drink.

I was interviewed by the store manager. She was friendly and professional. I was asked very strange questions so I wasn't able to rely on any canned answers, but the interview was more laid back than others I've had.

I was called the next day and asked to come back for a second interview with the District Manager He was also very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Of you were shrunk to the size of a pencil and put into a blender, how would you get out.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Interview

Internal promotion; so very lax interview with my current District Manager and one other.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions as it was an internal promotion; my superiors knew who I was and recommended me for the job anyways.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Phone interview with a corporate recruiter that was hard to get ahold of and not very responsive to emails. It doesn't seem like they have a large HR department because it seems a bit unorganized. Nice recruiter and asked pretty difficult questions for an initial phone screen.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Dayton, OH) in May 2009.

Interview

I turned in an application and went to a local restaurant to grab a bite to eat. The manager called me back almost immediately and was available to interview at that moment. We spoke at length very casually. He seemed to understand that this was an easy job, and was more feeling around to see how my personality matched.

Interview Questions

• Can you make an iced cappuccino?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview and she asked basic interview questions. The 2nd interview was very relaxed with a District Manager and we mainly talked about my past experience and ideas on how to increase revenue. The 3rd interview was with another District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why do you want to work for Caribou Coffee.   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company's website for several AGM positions. Roughly two weeks later I received a call from a GM and was asked if I was still looking for a new job, to which I stated yes. The GM asked me a couple basic questions like why was I looking for a new job etc. The phone call lasted about roughly 7 minutes and we set up a time for an interview the following Sunday. When I went in for the interview, I told the person behind the counter that I was there for an interview and they offered me a drink on the house and told me that the GM would be with me momentarily. The GM asked me some basic questions about who I was, what I liked to do, and what my goals were. They then asked me a couple questions and then said that another person would be with me to ask me some questions as well, which I believe was the AGM. They asked me a few questions about myself and some basic interview questions and then said that they would send the GM back to talk with me. The whole process took roughly a half hour, which was concerning. Both of them came back and said that they wanted me to join their team and when I was able to start. I told them that I would have to look over the job offer and had an interview the next day and wanted to see what they had to offer before I accepted anything. Unfortunately they were only willing to offer me a Shift Supervisor position, which was not the position I had applied for at that location and not the position that I was told I would be interviewing for during the initial phone call. They never asked me any questions pertaining to a management position, what type of leader I was or what my leadership style was. They were all basic questions as if I had applied for my very first job. I would have more then likely declined the interview if they stated that they would not offer me an AGM position since I haven't had any recent restaurant experience. However, the GM did state that if I showed initiative and got certified in all of the areas quickly, I would have the opportunity to potentially get an AGM position, but I simply could not justify taking that drastic of a pay cut for that much of an unknown.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you an elephant, what would you do with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in three words.   Answer Question
    • How would you describe Caribou to someone who doesn't know anything about the company?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for assistant manager and was contacted the next day. At the end of my interview I was offered a job as a shift supervisor, a position lower than what I applied and interview for.

Interview Questions

• How do you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult customer and how you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

It was a 3 part interview, with3 different people over the course of 3weeks, I accepted the job but after the first day, I was given a harassment file to read and initial, they were VERY concerned about harassment policy but didn't understand labor laws of scheduling at least 8 hours between a shift ..... so after deep consideration I quit......

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with drama?   1 Answer