Central Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.6

Juice Production Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Central Market (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received email invite for a phone interview. Phone conversation lasted about 15 minutes, was asked what I knew about the company, what I liked most about my last job, how my skills applied to the one I applied for, etc. At the end I was asked to come in for a group interview. There were a dozen of us, not all there for the same job, and it lasted 2 hours.

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Market (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Got called for a phone interview and then invited for a group interview. It went pretty smoothly and was quite different but fun. Eventually, the department manager contacted me to set up a meeting and discuss the job itself.

Interview Questions

• Create your own resume with drawings, marketing/sales pitch activity, foodie item identification, etc.   Answer Question

Produce Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Central Market in April 2017.

Interview

emailed by recruiter... passed on to another recruiter... who told me.. "WE DONOT HIRE MANAGERS OUTSIDE OF COMPANY"... said I had to start as a produce clerk with over 10 yrs experience at 3 different companies as a produce manager.. not even as an assistant but a produce clerk. I must've laughed. I then ask why even post jobs external and she said sometimes we get experienced people who will accept that... starting at bottom. smh... people know your worth...

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Market (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There was an initial telephone screen with HR followed by another phone screen with another person from HR. Then there was an in-person interview with one senior leader followed by a succession of other senior leaders in a conference room setting although I only interviewed with one person at a time. The team was very engaging and they made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this position will be a great role for you?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Central Market (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I was emailed to schedule a phone interview, and then invited to a group interview, and then I met with the service lead. The group interview consists of activities where you solve customer service issues, tests your food recognition, and sell a product.

Interview Questions

• -What do you know about Central Market?
      -Tell about a difficult customer service interaction and how you solved it
      -Tell about an incident in which you gave above and beyond customer service
      -Tell about a time in which you had a problem at work and had to talk with management.   Answer Question

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Central Market (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They train on site all you need is to just bring a pen and paper for notes. It is also a plus if you have worked in customer service or done survey interviewing. The interview was hands on and up beat they require everything to read verbatim.

Interview Questions

• if I ever did survey interviews before?   1 Answer

Meat Market Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Central Market.

Interview

Never been so mad at a company as I am with central market, firstly I have had 2 phone interviews, then I met with a meat coordinator, 2 store managers, a human resources leader , drove all over Dallas process took about 4 months.to be finally told that they don't higher management from outside the companu. Then stupid me I applied again 3 years later, to go through the same process. Worst interviews I have ever had one store team leader actually couldn't understand why he was interviewing me as he normally wasn't involved in the interview process at the level I was at.

Store Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Central Market.

Interview

Awful experience with recruiters at the Dallas home office. They are incompetent and rude. Lead you on and don't take the time to respond to emails or calls for weeks.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Market (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Was told it was a job fair. You are asked one by one to go in to a large room for a pre screening to see if you advance to next level-very few questions are asked. After you advance, you are then in a room with a group of applicants and department managers and a store manager ...there are a few tasks -that do not make sense, making a resume out of craft supplies??? Then, after everything is complete, you are asked to wait out in the lobby so the managers can discuss who they feel is a good fit. They divide the groups in to A and B -A means you're not hired. B means you move on. They stress out- you may not be a good fit, so don't be discouraged......

Tasting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Market (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

There's an initial phone screening, then a "TOTF" (Taste of the Future) which is kind of a crazy group interview with all the managers for the store where you have to be creative and work in small teams. One of the activities for TOTF was to come up with a commercial for a certain product. After TOTF the department managers contact people they think they'd like to have and conduct a final interview.

Interview Questions

• In Taste of the Future they ask you to identify certain foods.   1 Answer