Central Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Central Market

2.6

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Market (Southlake, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

You are mislead into what presumably you think is an interview when it is actually a "screening" (which any professional employer should have completed PRIOR to the interview), you then spend approx an hour literally playing with children's arts and crafts. Then another hour trying to identify exotic foods that UNLESS you are applying for a chef or deli position you would otherwise have no need to know. Then another hour auditioning in front of not just a full capacity room of other applicants but also an 8 member panel. Then another hour inappropriately competing against the other 20 applicants that might not even be vying for the same position. So a total of approx 4 - 5 hours of an applicant's time and your odds of landing the position is not even 50 / 50. So if you are bored on a friday night and are into wasting your time or into auditioning for an american-idol-wanna-be of employers, then central market is just the place.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle blah blah, etc...   1 Answer

Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Central Market (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They train on site all you need is to just bring a pen and paper for notes. It is also a plus if you have worked in customer service or done survey interviewing. The interview was hands on and up beat they require everything to read verbatim.

Interview Questions

• if I ever did survey interviews before?   1 Answer

Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Market (Plano, TX).

Interview

There are 2 interviews. The first is a group interview were you learn about the company and participate in exercises alone and in groups to give you an idea of whats required for the job. If you catch there attention you will get called for a 2nd interview

Interview Questions

• Had to list the name of abunch of random food products throughout the store   Answer Question

Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Central Market (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

First got a phone call. They did a quick interview then I was invited to a group interview. In the group interview all the people applying for any job at central market are put together and are asked to do/participate in different activities.

Service Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Central Market.

Interview

The interview process was pretty fun, sort of like Waldorf school for adults. They have you make little art projects as a group and role-play situations in groups. There is a big emphasis on product knowledge, which means sampling all sorts of fun and exotic stuff around the store (much of which will likely start to seem mundane after you are hired!). It really was a pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the serious interview-type questioning is done in the phone screening before the in-person group interview. Basically, unless you are applying for a specialized position, it seems like they would like you to be friendly, group-oriented, and into food.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Central Market (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

You get an interview, and then if you are selected you come back for a second interview, accept the job offer and youre on board. Its a very easy hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CM?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Central Market (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

First I received an email stating that I should RSVP for a job fair, I signed up for the job fair. The job fair at the store began a couple minutes late. Red flag number one. Other job candidates arrived and one-on-one interviews were conducted. Then a group interview was conducted. The room was very cold, I would advise you to bring a sweater. During this interview, you are facing all the managers. We were instructed to make a resume with construction paper and crafting supplies. If you´re not the creative type, don´t even bother applying to this company. They´re looking for someone very well-spoken and really interested in learning about a variety of exotic foods. Might as well look for another company that offers full-time employment and better pay if you that profile. Then we had to identify food in small plastic boxes such as pumpkin seeds. So during the entire interview, I constantly felt ridiculed and just looked down upon. The interview lasted 3 hours. Not a good interview at all and did not have a good impression of the managers. During a break from the interview, one of the managers actually approached the group and told them not to take a long time. We were just sitting there waiting. . .Clearly we were not going anywhere. The way he said it, I did not like it. So many red flags.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Central Market.

Interview

Group interview in which you knowledge to be creative, food knowledge, and team work was evaluated. You evaluated by department managers who will ask you question and you have to make sure you stand out.

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Central Market (Southlake, TX).

Interview

Two interviews happen: one is a group interview where you basically demonstrate passion, people skills, and food knowledge. Its in front of a good chunk of managers and such, but they're really encouraging.

The second is your standard one on one interview, usually a day or two later.

Interview Questions

• Its your last day on earth: what would your final meal be?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Central Market.

Interview

The hiring process is not fast. I had a phone i tervuew and then a 4 hour nerve racking interactive group interview three weeks later. After the group interview I was interviewed alone with my direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies and experience is what they gocused on.   Answer Question