Choice Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2018

2.4

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Interview

Interview process was very long and required a significant investment of time. 6+ hours invested in new hire exercise they asked me to complete + several rounds of interviews, with the last round requiring me to take off work for half day of interviews. After all of this, they went silent for weeks, no return phone calls. Finally, they let me know I did not get the job by automated rejection email from their HR department, with no personal follow-up. This speaks volumes about this company and its values - if they treat prospective new hires like this, one can only imagine how they treat their existing employees and the existing internal culture.

Virtualization Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

The Recruiter communication was initially ok to say the least. I submitted an application for the position via their web portal as the normal process is as always. Next I inquired my colleague for a referral via LinkedIn, which I was most certainly grateful for. His referral did help me get a interview right away. On the day of the interview I ended up waiting in the lobby area practically close to the actual time my interview was scheduled to start. I emailed my recruiter who seemed even less than reluctant to even communicate with me at all throughout the process. After about 15 minutes of waiting the hiring manager walked me in to the interview area where I was greeted by two other members of the interview panel whom would be participating in the technical piece of the interview. Right away I felt I was already being judged by the hiring manager based on my resume due to the fact that I had been working in the W-2/1099 contracting world a bit and made a remark about how it’s “Been difficult to find someone who’s not just looking to get out of collecting unemployment”. After that remark was made I already knew this was not the place or department that I wanted to take any part of with my career. Personally, I actually felt like walking out of the interview room after that comment was made. Anyways, I chose not to and decided to give the rest of the interview a chance. As the interview continued I mentioned that I have a few colleagues from previous engagements whom now work in this organization and the hiring manager again made a facetious remark, which I thought was less than professional “Now you put yourself on the spot and we’re gonna have to check out these colleagues that you’ve mentioned” Excuse me but I’d rather let my work ethic and professionalism speak for itself and not my colleagues input of whom I haven’t seen in more than 5 years. He then proceeded to inquire if the recruiter asked me questions regarding the position because he (hiring manager) made it a point to the recruiter that he didn’t just want someone whom was simply looking to stay at a place temporarily and than asked if I would be ok sitting in the same location for long periods of time and/or be bored of the work I would be doing. As if! Really! I’ve been working in this industry for more than 10 years and I found his remarks completely upsetting and unprofessional. As the week progressed I only emailed the recruiter once to inquire about the status of my application, which was four days after my interview and of course I never received a response. The only communication I received was a “Sorry we moved forward with other candidates” Overall the entire experience was quite frankly very negative. If you’re going to invite candidates to an interview to simply bash them then don’t invite them at all. It was a complete waste of my personal time and expense to even drive there simply all for naught. Final Word of advice is please tell your hiring managers to be more courteous and respectful to those whom they are interviewing as not everyone is simply applying for a job to collect a pay check.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Choice Hotels.

Interview

The HR contact was awful. I would return his phone calls within hours, but he would not return mine for days or weeks. He said I was one of a small number of finalists but that he hadn't been given the green light to hire. I heard they had hired for the position from another worker/friend in the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Choice.   Answer Question
    • What is the least amount you'd be willing to take.   1 Answer

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a initial phone screen from the HR and passed me on to the Hiring manager for a phone interview.
    Hiring manager was courteous - talked about the work culture and the specifics about the group and the job profile.

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Very slow process. Received email from recruiter asking if I could do a phone interview. I responded immediately and then didn't hear back for a few days. When I did, the email was later in the day and it asked if 10am the next morning or 1pm the next afternoon would work. I responded immediately that both would. I hear back the next day at around 4pm asking for my availability the following week. Finally connect with a recruiter and am moved on to a phone interview with a lead specialist. Setting that up was slow moving as well. Had a great conversation and he really liked my experience and wanted me to do an onsite with a manager. Again, scheduling that appointment was a slow process. The manager I interviewed with only had experience with Choice and it was within reservations. I honestly feel my background with Starwood and Hilton was intimidating to her. I made comments and asked questions about the company (like the current rebranding efforts of Clarion) to which she seemed utterly aware. Hospitality is my passion, I love travel, I know my stuff. In any event, no offer was made and the recruiter went ghost on me. Very disappointed in how they handle themselves.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging moment and what steps you took to resolve the issue.   1 Answer

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Rockville, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through Choice Hotel's home web site. I received email setting a time for the initial phone interviewer from the recruiter. Recruiter was very professional, explained on-boarding logistics. Received a timely response on decision after phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why I left previous position. Give details on career path. Why did I think this position was a good fit.   1 Answer

Systems Performance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview with Choice Hotels went very smoothly. I had a one-on-one interview with a gentleman that I felt was a great representation of the company. By that I mean, I felt welcomed rather than threatened during my interview. We spoke for about 30 minutes then toured the facility after. I met a couple associates, both of which had been there 10+ years, which I feel speaks volume for company morale. If another opportunity comes available within the company, I will be applying again.

Interview Questions

• What are you wanting to specialize in regarding your career in IT?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and applied for a software engineer intern position. Within days of applying I received an email that the same recruiter spoke to me at the career fair and would like to set up an initial phone interview. The email asked for the two best times that would work for me from a list of available times. I replied back with those times. Wednesday came, and I never received a phone call. Friday came, still no phone call. I tried following up to see if I could reschedule, but they never answered. I even traveled to the office the next week hoping to get an interview scheduled, but I was told the people in charge were going out of town a whole week at the corporate headquarters in Maryland. I continued to follow up weekly, but they seemed unwilling to reply, except for a minimal response of "when will you graduate?"--still nothing rescheduled. Finally, today I received a copied and pasted email saying they do not see an immediate fit with my skills and qualifications, which is absurd given that a phone interview had been scheduled and they never followed through.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Choice Hotels.

Interview

Got an email from HR regarding the slots, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. The interviewer was very friendly and I was informed that the feedback will be given by next week.I am waiting for the On Site Round.

Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Choice Hotels in April 2017.

Interview

phone interview with the director, scheduled by recruiter in the head quarter. talked for about 20 minutes; questions about resume and knowledge in digital marketing, future plan, etc. In a word, behavior interview and not difficult.