Choice Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Rockville, MD) in May 2018.

Interview

Had an amazing experience from the initial phone interview to being flown in for an in person interview. The entire process what comfortable, professional, and one of the best interview experiences in my 30 years.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Silver Spring, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

A basic phone interview with HR asking about your resume, then followed by 2 back-to-back interviews at their office with the managers, each half an hour. Typical behavioral questions: strengths, weaknesses, past experiences... then we spent the rest of the time chitchat about schoolwork.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

In person interview, just tell me all about this position. And ask me some behaviour question, very nice. It lasts about 20 minutes, I think he talked 14 minutes and I only said like 6 minutes. And let me visit their office. The experience is very good.

Laundry Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Burlington, VT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (South Burlington, VT).

Interview

They were so desperate for employees they just hired me on the spot. I walked in asking about a job and they said come back tomorrow for an interview and I did. The interview was basically the manager showing me around and training me. After the "interview" they had me fill out paperwork and I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer housekeeping or laundry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and applied for a software engineer intern position. Within days of applying I received an email that the same recruiter spoke to me at the career fair and would like to set up an initial phone interview. The email asked for the two best times that would work for me from a list of available times. I replied back with those times. Wednesday came, and I never received a phone call. Friday came, still no phone call. I tried following up to see if I could reschedule, but they never answered. I even traveled to the office the next week hoping to get an interview scheduled, but I was told the people in charge were going out of town a whole week at the corporate headquarters in Maryland. I continued to follow up weekly, but they seemed unwilling to reply, except for a minimal response of "when will you graduate?"--still nothing rescheduled. Finally, today I received a copied and pasted email saying they do not see an immediate fit with my skills and qualifications, which is absurd given that a phone interview had been scheduled and they never followed through.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Silver Spring, MD) in December 2008.

Interview

1) Initial phone screen with recruiter. 2) Phone screen with hiring manager. 3) On site interviews with 2 directors and 1 manager in department. 4) Skills test involving analyzing data and summarizing in PowerPoint.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakest trait?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Able to receive higher bonus through negotiation, but not higher base.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Choice Hotels in December 2014.

Interview

Laura Perez, Sr. Recruiter practices blatant poor recruiting practices. She is cynical impolite with job candidates. She did not show up on time for interviews. She usually arrive late for interviews and talks like a bummer. There is a lack of professionalism, ethics, and respect.

Interview Questions

There is bad impression about Choice Hotels because of blatant poor harsh recruiting practices. They recruit candidates who can accept low salary.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Choice Hotels in January 2015.

Interview

Campus recruitment. Back-to-back interview, three interviewers. The interview went pretty good, but it seems that they are just looking for one person. Didn't get onsite interview. The first round took them almost 2 months to decide who could go to the next round.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels.

Interview

really long interview (1.5 hours) with 3 different people -- 1 loyalty, 1 HR, 1 senior recruiter. pretty basic interview and easy questions. they were all really nice and kind, were genuinely interested in why you wanted to work at Choice Hotels and what your interests/opinions on the hospitality/travel industry are .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Rockville, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Terrible -- like Hunger Games! They pit you against other candidates and really treat the whole process like they are very elite. Very strange, considering. Also, to be quite frank, I was a great match for the specific position and they are not responsive or welcoming at all.

Interview Questions

• they asked me the basic interview questions but almost like they were thumbing their noses at me.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Choice Hotels.

Interview

Got an email from HR regarding the slots, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. The interviewer was very friendly and I was informed that the feedback will be given by next week.I am waiting for the On Site Round.