Choice Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.4

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Very slow process. Received email from recruiter asking if I could do a phone interview. I responded immediately and then didn't hear back for a few days. When I did, the email was later in the day and it asked if 10am the next morning or 1pm the next afternoon would work. I responded immediately that both would. I hear back the next day at around 4pm asking for my availability the following week. Finally connect with a recruiter and am moved on to a phone interview with a lead specialist. Setting that up was slow moving as well. Had a great conversation and he really liked my experience and wanted me to do an onsite with a manager. Again, scheduling that appointment was a slow process. The manager I interviewed with only had experience with Choice and it was within reservations. I honestly feel my background with Starwood and Hilton was intimidating to her. I made comments and asked questions about the company (like the current rebranding efforts of Clarion) to which she seemed utterly aware. Hospitality is my passion, I love travel, I know my stuff. In any event, no offer was made and the recruiter went ghost on me. Very disappointed in how they handle themselves.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging moment and what steps you took to resolve the issue.   1 Answer

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Rockville, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through Choice Hotel's home web site. I received email setting a time for the initial phone interviewer from the recruiter. Recruiter was very professional, explained on-boarding logistics. Received a timely response on decision after phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why I left previous position. Give details on career path. Why did I think this position was a good fit.   1 Answer

Systems Performance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview with Choice Hotels went very smoothly. I had a one-on-one interview with a gentleman that I felt was a great representation of the company. By that I mean, I felt welcomed rather than threatened during my interview. We spoke for about 30 minutes then toured the facility after. I met a couple associates, both of which had been there 10+ years, which I feel speaks volume for company morale. If another opportunity comes available within the company, I will be applying again.

Interview Questions

• What are you wanting to specialize in regarding your career in IT?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and applied for a software engineer intern position. Within days of applying I received an email that the same recruiter spoke to me at the career fair and would like to set up an initial phone interview. The email asked for the two best times that would work for me from a list of available times. I replied back with those times. Wednesday came, and I never received a phone call. Friday came, still no phone call. I tried following up to see if I could reschedule, but they never answered. I even traveled to the office the next week hoping to get an interview scheduled, but I was told the people in charge were going out of town a whole week at the corporate headquarters in Maryland. I continued to follow up weekly, but they seemed unwilling to reply, except for a minimal response of "when will you graduate?"--still nothing rescheduled. Finally, today I received a copied and pasted email saying they do not see an immediate fit with my skills and qualifications, which is absurd given that a phone interview had been scheduled and they never followed through.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Choice Hotels.

Interview

Got an email from HR regarding the slots, followed by phone interview with hiring manager. The interviewer was very friendly and I was informed that the feedback will be given by next week.I am waiting for the On Site Round.

Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Choice Hotels in April 2017.

Interview

phone interview with the director, scheduled by recruiter in the head quarter. talked for about 20 minutes; questions about resume and knowledge in digital marketing, future plan, etc. In a word, behavior interview and not difficult.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter, phone interview with manager, in person interview with manager, in person interview with peer manager. Did not receive any further feedback or calls after last interview, even though it was positive, they do not even let you know that you are not selected, just have to guess. Follow up with recruiter went no where, did not have any courtesy to let me know.

Area Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Several days later heard from a screening recruiter. Spent about 30 minutes on the phone with the recruiter. About a week later received an email asking if I could fly to a panel interview session about 3 weeks later. Travel arrangements were booked by the Choice Hotels. Spent an entire day in a series of interview sessions. Met with 2 people at a time (Other Area Directors and VP) throughout the morning. Had a 'working lunch' with the team where all applicant could ask questions of the panel. Returned to the interview session to do a 30-minute writing assignment and then present a 5 to 10-minute case study to the panel. While they often would laugh about it - the panel was at times negative about their hotels and brands. Didn't seem to be proud of their hotels. At the end of the day - no information was provided on next steps or timeline. After 4 weeks of waiting and follow up emails to the recruiter, received a generic "Thank you for applying" email.

Interview Questions

• While this is a support role - Choice puts a lot of expectations on sales on the Area Directors and having a sales background   Answer Question

Software QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and simple. Contacted by a recruiter asking to set up an interview date. The interview was in person in a panel setting on site.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Compare to other places I interviewed, Choice's interview process is not well planned. At the very last minute they decide you will meet more people, than originally planned. They don't show you the office, which is strange.