Coleman Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Coleman Research Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.6

Analyst, Client Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coleman Research.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter. Was contacted about a month later by HR to set up a Skype interview and interviewed within a week. It was a standard interview screening with an HR rep and only lasted about 15 minutes.

Client Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coleman Research (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

First there was a Skype interview with the HR Associate. Then in-person interviews were scheduled with the team, I believe it was 4 people and a case exercise to work on leading into that in-person meeting.

I had a good interview experience and based on feedback that day was shocked to get the rejection email. Working in HR and Recruiting, when someone invests a certain amount of time to a the process and goes through multiple interviews and assessments/case studies, rejections should have some context. I received a 2 line email which I believe to be pretty horrible recruiting practice.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coleman Research (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Curious interview process. First the standard screening with HR (via Skype), things went well and I was asked for a Skype interview with the hiring manager and another person from the team where this position sits. Lastly was the in office interview and this is where things got weird. I met wit the same people that held the Skype interview and they didn't seem prepared with follow up interview questions they said that everything had pretty much been covered in our Skype session (which I agreed), I did most of the talking and all and all it took me longer to commute to the office than that actual interview took. Ultimately I wasn't offered the position (which is probably for the best) but I was a bit peeved that they asked my to come into the office only to have almost no questions to ask. Though they did ask me how to improve a specific campaign and I have the nagging suspicion that my ideas might be used.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coleman Research in July 2016.

Interview

Was about a two week long process. Had several rounds. First one was general with HR. Next was about an hour long one where I spoke to about 5-6 people. Had to do a case study. Was a bit challenging, but not too bad. None of the questions were out of the ordinary. Just be sure to do your research before-hand.

Interview Questions

• If a client was interested in cloud software, how would you go about connecting them with an expert in the field?   Answer Question

Data Entry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coleman Research (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Straightforward and laid-back. Had a quick and painless Skype interview with a hiring manger and then a week later we organized an on-site interview. I met with three employees for a duration of 1 to 1.5 hours. None of the questions were too challenging--pretty much background, behavioral, and questions about my aspirations. Everyone I met was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?

Tell me about a time you had to make a challenging decision.
      Answer Question

Client Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coleman Research (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Was not particularly pleased with the process. The first part is a video submission that was pointless. If your looking for a 45k job that you will be worked hard then this is the job for you. Doesn't seem that there were career advancement. Then they had a quick Skype interview followed by a longer Skype final round interview. The people I met were nice but seemed like the competency level was low.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coleman Research (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

An extremely lengthy interviewing process with some steps seemingly arbitrarily repeating. After I finished this process they waited well over a month to tell me anything, when I was told I would be contacted within the week. Overall I spent well over seven hours just in applying for this internship including writing, video, and in person interviews. In the Raleigh office I interviewed with two people, and when I showed up they seemed to have forgotten I was coming and had to wait in a conference room for almost half and hour. Asked fairly standard questions and the interview itself wasn't that difficult. Overall they seemed fairly professional but seemed rather inexperienced in handling the process. A last note is that if you're looking to do some kind of analytic position, this place isn't for you. The internship itself seems like stalking people in Linkedin and cold calling, which to me seems pretty mindless and boring.

Interview Questions

• What's a time you overcame an unexpected difficulty?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

The recruiter was extremely friendly and the questions were straightforward. She wanted to know my background and what I knew about the company and some basic career related questions. Overall the interview was what one would expect.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coleman Research (Raleigh, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

First applied online. There is a phone interview and video interview before you get invited to the office. I was rejected after going to the office. I don't want this job anyway because it's not really research. You will be finding experts for their clients to help them make investment decisions. To me, that is not research. In the office, you will meet a manager, two kids, and the training manager. The salary is also not on target with what I'm looking for. $36,000 is not very competitive. I made more than that at my last job. I am not sure why they rejected me but I know I'll get something better anyway.

Interview Questions

• How many gallons of gas does the gas station pump a day? If you were a brand, what brand would you be?   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coleman Research (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I heard back within 3 days after applying. I was then asked to do a phone interview and 1 in-person interview before an offer was made. The hiring manager kept his/her promises and did exactly what he/she said they were going to do.