Coleman Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Coleman Research

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coleman Research (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I connected with my now manager on LinkedIn and sent her my resume We had lunch together once I moved to the city, followed by an interview with the head of the Marketing department in the CRG office. I felt at ease and that the process was more of a back-and-forth exchange than me getting drilled with questions. It was definitely one of the more enjoyable interview experiences I've had.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coleman Research (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

It began with a phone interview with HR that lasted about 30 minutes. It was a standard behavioral interview. Then, they call you back and ask you in for an office interview with a few managers. These interviews lasted about a total of 1hr, 1hr 15. Standard interview questions that you should be able to answer if you go on their website and learn about what they do. Their website explains completely what they do, so make sure to pay attention when perusing their site.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coleman Research.

Interview

Interview was 30 min, no company overview, but asked for my 'about me' right away. Was brief in responses to my questions. Asked typical strengths and weakness question and what your work day looks like.
    Looking for personality fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe how we arrange client meetings and how we obtain clients (wanted detailed explanation of business model)   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Coleman Research.

Interview

One phone call asking basic questions about major and experience followed by and in office interview. It was very quick and I initially applied through my school's career services portal.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coleman Research (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

An extremely lengthy interviewing process with some steps seemingly arbitrarily repeating. After I finished this process they waited well over a month to tell me anything, when I was told I would be contacted within the week. Overall I spent well over seven hours just in applying for this internship including writing, video, and in person interviews. In the Raleigh office I interviewed with two people, and when I showed up they seemed to have forgotten I was coming and had to wait in a conference room for almost half and hour. Asked fairly standard questions and the interview itself wasn't that difficult. Overall they seemed fairly professional but seemed rather inexperienced in handling the process. A last note is that if you're looking to do some kind of analytic position, this place isn't for you. The internship itself seems like stalking people in Linkedin and cold calling, which to me seems pretty mindless and boring.

Interview Questions

• What's a time you overcame an unexpected difficulty?   1 Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coleman Research.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter. At the time, a friend worked there, so she was able to walk me through the interview process. Initially, I had an interview over the phone. It went well, and they made me feel incredibly comfortable. We talked about my previous work experience, and they asked me to describe my personality as well as my foreign language abilities. They were up front about the position and its compensation. After the phone interview, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I accepted a position at another company before that happened. Coleman looks like a solid place to begin your first job. It didn't strike me as a career -making company, but it would've been a decent starting salary with opportunity for upward mobility.

Interview Questions

• Describe your foreign language abilities.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coleman Research (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Curious interview process. First the standard screening with HR (via Skype), things went well and I was asked for a Skype interview with the hiring manager and another person from the team where this position sits. Lastly was the in office interview and this is where things got weird. I met wit the same people that held the Skype interview and they didn't seem prepared with follow up interview questions they said that everything had pretty much been covered in our Skype session (which I agreed), I did most of the talking and all and all it took me longer to commute to the office than that actual interview took. Ultimately I wasn't offered the position (which is probably for the best) but I was a bit peeved that they asked my to come into the office only to have almost no questions to ask. Though they did ask me how to improve a specific campaign and I have the nagging suspicion that my ideas might be used.

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coleman Research (Morrisville, NC) in June 2018.

Interview

Over the phone screening and interview in person. Over the phone screening is easy you just talk about your resume. in person interview was a little annoying. You spoke to 4 people in sets of two. I felt very repetitive and they said it was fine. I was more anxious throughout the first set.

Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coleman Research (Raleigh, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

I received the enter view request via email. The interview consisted of video recording the answering to 5 questions. I did not like that there was not another person on the other side of the screen, but did appreciate that I could record my answers multiple times if I did not like the finished result.

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coleman Research (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I was referred to CRG by a former research intern. I contacted the HR manager directly through email instead of applying online. I sent a cover letter and resume. HR contacted me for a telephone interview. After, I had an in-person interview at the CRG office. Two interviews, one with a manger and the other with a Vice President. It was a bit intimidating at first. It is a small company so high level employees may interview you. Interview question were general. Most questions were about work and school experience listed on my resume. They will defiantly ask you if you understand what an expert network is and what CRG does. I suggest doing some research on expert networks and institutional investing. There shouldn’t be any detailed question about finance or investing. The interviewer may ask for you to follow up with a writing sample. About a week after I interviewed, they called telling me I received the position. A few days later HR contacted to have another phone interview even though I already had the position. The second phone interview was about 5 minutes. It was strange.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All interns are paid $15/ hour