Collabera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Collabera

2.6

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Collabera (Dallas, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

Painfully lengthy, pathetic, unprofessional, unethical, and a total time waste.
    I received an unsolicited ping on one of the job portals by one of Collabera's recruiters, asking if I wanted to speak about a job opportunity. Well, since I have been looking for a change/new job, I decided to pursue it further especially after checking out the Job description and their client's profile I got tempted & agreed to pursue it further.

Here is my interview journey with Collabera:

1. Multiple phone conversations, emails, chats with this junior recruiter
    2. More than few phone conversations with some senior recruiter
    3. Finally, couple of phone conversations with the Account head who manages this client's account.

Please Note: All these recruiters are based somewhere in India and they never answer your calls, only they call you back. Looks like they have one way communication systems installed which are cheaper than 2 way comms.

Next up - the Client's interview journey:

1. First overall interview from some guy (looks like he is on the Client side who is making sure the candidate could be presented to the actual Client team)
    2. 5 people panel interview for 2 hours - later got divided into 5 individual interviews lasting 1 hour each -so a total of long painful 5 hours spread across 2 days.
    3. A final video call.

Apart from couple of the people who interviewed me, rest of them had absolute NO idea what or how to interview for my position. All the interview questions were typical "google" searched interview questions. I felt so silly answering them. And of course, they were not ready to accept my real-life scenarios and answers, they wanted to hear the answers published on the internet based on their Google search results. So pathetic. I knew right then, I was not gonna get this job as one of the interviewer said that I look over qualified for this position and should be applying for a much senior position. He may be right, but I know what my capabilities are and what my strength areas are and where I can deliver my 100%.

Anyways, thats the client's side of the story, I will share more details in my review about them. Since we are talking about Collabera, lets talk about them.

So, after painstakingly interviewing with over 9 people (4 from Collabera + 5 from Client side), and wasting over 15-20 hours on this opportunity with them, the least I was expecting was some feedback/response from Collabera after the interview. And after waiting for almost 1 full week, I followed up with Collabera only to be told that they received the feedback on the next day itself but "FORGOT" to update me. Are you KIDDING ME? You FORGOT to update me with the interview feedback? You made me wait for over a week while you already had the response from the client? I passed of on another opportunity waiting to hear from Collabera since I preferred working for this Client over my other opportunity.

And the Account head gave so silly reasons like his city in India was flooded, he was quarantined when he went to another city, blah blah blah. Really? These are your excuses? Total unprofessional.

I sincerely request people to NOT waste their valuable time on this company.
    At the same time, I request the Collabera leadership to look into this and make sure they protect their company's name & reputation from being dragged to ground by such unprofessional people.

Interview Questions

If this is how things are in the beginning, anyone can imagine how things would be once I'm in. Thanks but NO thanks.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Collabera (Austin, TX) in May 2020.

Interview

I received an unsolicited contact on LinkedIn by one of Collabera's recruiters, asking if I wanted to speak about a job opportunity. I wasn't looking to change companiess/jobs, but I figured I'd at least listen to the options. We scheduled a time for a phone interview, and the recruiter sent me the job description.

The job description was for the same position that I currently hold at a very successful global company. In addition, the job description said it was for 9-12 months, with the possibility of being longer term. To be frank, the company I work for is a larger, more prestigious and more widely recognized company than Collabera, so I was wondering why they would possibly leave my position for a job that wasn't even permanent. But I figured that I wouldn't make assumptions and I'd at least listen to the options.

Anyway, long story short: The recruiter did not call me at the appointed time. 15 minutes after our scheduled time, I sent an email asking if I had been mistaken about our meeting time. 30 minutes after that, the recruiter called and emailed me back saying "I'm sorry - I had an urgent meeting that came up" and could we reschedule.

At that point, I refused to waste any more of my time. If he truly had an urgent meeting that came up, it would have taken nothing to send a quick call, text or email letting me know - even if it was only a few minutes prior to the time we had scheduled. He was either lying about something coming up, or didn't think he needed to notify me about a change ahead of time when I had rearranged my schedule for the call - neither one of which is acceptable in a professional environment.

If I had been 40 minutes late to a first interview without any kind of contact beforehand, I would be immediately removed from the hiring pool and they would likely never interview me for any position afterward. Yet somehow they think that it's OK to waste my time when they're the one who asked ME for the interview.

Sure sign of a toxic work environment. No thank you.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked - the recruiter did not make the interview call.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collabera (Austin, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

There is a brief phone interview where a recruiter tells you about Collabera and then they ask you about yourself. Then they have another round of interviews that would usually be in person but currently on zoom. The final interview is usually a happy hour but currently on zoom.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I interviewed at Collabera (Reston, VA) in April 2020.

Interview

1. I got a random email from a recruiter with Collabera. I never applied to them so I don’t know how they got my email. I could tell it was just an email blast and they wanted to see who bites.

2. I only responded because I was desperate with the job market being so bad right now. The recruiter responded with a one or two word answer that didn’t really answer my question. Seemed rude and unprofessional. I should of just stopped then.

3. Another account manager who actually called me and seemed more professional talked to me. And said she would submit me for the job.

3. She then texted me later and asked for my last 4 digits of my social security number and my date of birth. That is HIGHLY suspicious!!!!!!

4. Then she asked me for my references.

5. Then I NEVER heard from her/them at Collabera again!!!!!! That seems highly suspicious, illegal and weird!!! Please Glassdoor look into Collabera. There may be some illegal practices going on there!

Interview Questions

• Didn’t even get to the interview only the chat with the account manager. She asked for my personal information.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Collabera in March 2020.

Interview

Unfortunately very pushy process, pushing the role on me via frequent text/calls/emails for an underpaid contractor position for a large tech firm.. I sent my resume within a day, after which the recruiter wanted to schedule a phone screening that same day. Subsequently, she went ahead and submitted to another role before consulting with me, also accidentally texting me personal details of another employee shortly after. Once I backed out of the hiring process, I was guilt-tripped that it would be a bad look for the hiring manager.

Even if they are not a scam, they certainly are extremely unprofessional and I would prefer to work with another agency.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Interview

First interview was with campus recruiter during career fair, then a phone interview about the position and fit. The recruiter did not ever reply back to a time to set up an interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Collabera in March 2020.

Interview

Connected with recruiter when I needed job change . Immediately got the test next day. Was told I will get interview by next week if I took the test asap , did it, passed the test and did not get any next round.
    After a long wait of 20-25 days was told that they're not looking any more. Really unfaithful behavior. Do this as a side task. Never spend too much time on what ever they say, because of their non transparent process. You can find 100s of recruiters on Linkedin, they'll lure you and act like they're diligently working for your roles. But they're not. Just take it light. Try other reliable consultancies instead who can be at least transparent and not waste your time. Not worth spending time bcz of misleading information from recruiters.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Collabera.

Interview

Met at a career fair where I was greeted and immediately told about their company. Brought up the AAM program and talked about that as well as upward mobility of the company. Experience was really good and was given a lot of information to move forward to first interview.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collabera (Houston, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

One of the recruiters reached out to me on Linkedin and we chatted for about 20 minutes over the phone so that I had the opportunity to learn more about the position. Towards the end of the call I was invited to a face-to-face interview with the manager in Houston.

The interview was extremely conversational where the interviewee is supposed to drive the conversation which I loved. After this round you get invited to a lunch type interview.

Interview Questions

• Basically talked about your resume and why you would be a good fit for the position   Answer Question

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Collabera.

Interview

LinkedIn Recruiter reached out under the guise that they were hiring for Account Managers, ended up being everyone starts as an Assistant Account Manager for at least 6 months. 1. Phone Interview. 2. In person office interview. 3. In person lunch interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked why sales, why Collabera, what did you study, experiences in sales,   1 Answer