Collabera Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Collabera Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.7

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Collabera.

Interview

I received a phone call and multiple emails from two recruiters regarding different positions in response to my posted resume on Indeed. After trying to confirm an interview via email - I researched Collabera on the internet and was able to obtain phone numbers for offices in NJ and IL however - my calls went directly to voicemail. This is suspicious and I have stopped all communication with anyone affiliated with Collabera - this is not a trustworthy "staffing agency"

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Collabera (Denver, CO).

Interview

Interview was with three separate people, a corporate recruiter, an account manager and then lastly, a regional manager. All were very personable easy to talk to. However, after the interview I had not heard back from the company, even after reaching out to the recruiter who contacted me initially.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Collabera (Hoboken, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

It went very well. They asked basic general questions and just wanted to know if you would be a good fit for their company and company culture. They wanted me to dress professionally. I spoke with 3 different people and they all seemed very happy to speak with me. Not a very challenging interview

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn. Received a phone call two weeks later for an interview over the phone. The girl was extremely bubbly and friendly, she made me feel comfortable and like I was on the phone with a friend. She answered all my questions thoroughly and efficiently.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collabera (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's website with a resume and cover letter. I was then put through a phone screening and asked in for an interview that same week. Pretty standard interview at first, but when I met with the sales manager I was asked to lead the interview by asking them questions rather than the other way around. This was odd because I was trying to learn about the position, but at the same time felt pressure from what I was asking. Overall did not get a very good idea of the company culture, which was something I asked about multiple times as it is important to me. Wasn't too disappointed when I didn't receive an offer as I didn't feel I clicked with the sales manger very well.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collabera (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

I had an interview with the regional director and then the sales manager right after. It was separate and each took about 45 minutes. They described the company's history in detail and the day to day responsibilities of the position. After they talked about themselves they gave me the chance to tell them what I am looking for in my next opportunity.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collabera.

Interview

3 people, in the office and went up to meet everyone, talked to them in the meeting room, very out of it and awkward, not very friendly group of people

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collabera (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter towards the end of July. The recruiter told me that this was a contract to hire position. It was not ideal (no benefits while working as a consultant) but I decided to bite the bullet and just go with it.

The recruiter set me up for an interview with the client a week after our first conversation. He provided the date but forgot to let me know the location and I ended up having to ask him for this information. The client interviews were not difficult but they were not easy either. You had to know object oriented programming basics and be able to write code on the board.

I thought I did OK on the interview and did not think I would get the job. To my surprise the recruiter called me back and told me that the client was very impressed with my interview and that they still had a few more interview candidates to go through before making a decision.

What was annoying was the recruiter (who was obviously young and a bit green) would call me incessantly at all hours of the day and he wouldn't consistently follow up with e-mails. When I asked questions via email he would sometimes just not reply and instead try to call me as soon as he saw the email instead of continue the paper trail. Once he even asked me if I spoke Hindi and tried to initiate a conversation in Hindi but I politely cut him off and told him that I would prefer to have the conversation in English. He would also have other people in the organization call me and sometimes just not tell me about it. It was not clear why they were calling me and I think it would have been better if they stuck to having one point person. They definitely need to get more organized.

A week after my interview with the client the client confirmed that they wanted me. I told the recruiter that I was interested and that I was also waiting to hear back from other companies that I had interviewed with. They tried hard to get me to give a firm yes however I held back and told them that I needed to hear back from the other employers I had interviewed with. Even after saying this they decided that they did not want to wait and asked me to start the background check process. They also asked me to log online to fill out some forms (turns out that there are a lot of forms to fill out and far more than I have had to deal with at any other company).

I asked them to postpone the scheduled start date by one week because I was waiting to hear back from other employers and they refused saying that they needed to close this by the end of the month.
    They even tried to squeeze me on the pay by a couple of dollars an hour.

Finally one of the other employers I had interviewed with made an offer and one that I liked so I gave them a verbal acceptance and quickly emailed the Collabera recruiter letting him know that I was not going to take their offer. There was no email response from him.

The next day in the morning I got a call from a Collabera employee in my area. He told me that I had made him lose face in front of the client as he had told her that I had agreed to come on board (something I never did) and it seemed like he tried to make me feel bad over my decision to take the other job. I reiterated to the manager that I had made it clear that I was interested and that I had also told the recruiter that I was waiting to hear back from other companies I had interviewed with. He told me that by giving my SSN and other info that I had implied that I had agreed to take the job. I was getting rather annoyed and was wondering what the point of this conversation was all about. Finally I told him that I was not willing to discuss this any further and his last words to me were "well thats that then".

While the pay was decent I felt at times that they were desperate and also unprofessional and rather disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Why use a Singleton pattern when you can use a static class?   Answer Question

Got a better offer from another employer

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. 3 step interview. For me they did two phone interviews and then one in person. The interview ran very smooth and they knew what they were doing

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Collabera (Southfield, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Was reached out via Linked In by a recruiter who wanted to set up a phone call immediately. Heard from her the next day and had a great conversation - it was like catching up with a friend. She asked me to go over my resume and previous leadership positions. Conversation lasted about 40 minutes and she told me more about the position they were looking to fill as well as answered all my questions about Collabera.