Cook Out Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

1.6

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cook Out (Clarksville, TN).

Interview

Easy enough process. Problem was they misrepresented what they were hiring for in the help wanted ad on Craigslist. They advertised for a Manager which was actually for Asst. Manager. Offered wage advertised was $40-70K. Actually was $12/hr. Stated you were required to work 52.5 minimum but should work 60+ hours to get close to the $40K. Wanted you to work for weeks in each area including dishwashing, cook and counter and "test out" of each area. Total scam job. Would never start employment on such a total misrepresentation. Would not want to find out what else they are not truthful about.

Interview Questions

• How would you advertise for Cook Out without spending any money?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Out (Winston-Salem, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was in a building set up for classroom education. It started with a presentation and then you break out into small groups. It was very different for me being from the corporate world. I submitted the information with resume and felt it was a waste of my time and time off from work. I was almost offended when I went to small group with the way it was presented.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about compensation?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cook Out (Riverdale, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

attended a presentation along with 15 other people. Then a one on one interview with two gentleman. I gave a great interview and I can tell they were impressed. That was three weeks ago and I haven't heard from them. Prior to the interview, as I got out my car, I heard one of the interviewers on his phone saying, "the management needs to get younger." Perhaps that's why I haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• How did you get into food service   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cook Out (Augusta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very basic. They asked a few questions and made their decision based on the fact that I had no criminal record, it was my first interview, and I'm only 16.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I could bring to the cookout that no one else could.   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Interview

Several applicants in the room. I was told by an applicant to fill out paperwork. Then Cook out rep comes out an does a history of the company. He also did a pay breakdown that I think was good. It went so fast I couldn't take it all in. Then each applicant git a one on one with the rep....

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Out (Hattiesburg, MS).

Interview

I went to this hiring tent they had outside the restaurant. I applied for a job and I was interviewed right away. I was offered a job right after I turned in my background check but was never called in for orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Out (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

It is a classroom type environment. Then a one on one interview. Take a hard copy of your resume, and have a positive attitude. Wear business casual, and don't have a lot of facial hair, or visible tattoos.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Out (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Business Casual for interview. You bring your resume, and fill out another application. We had about 30 people in one room. Watched a video explaining how the company began it's start. Pay breakdown. Bonus breakdown. Operation hours. Then you get a one on one interview that lasts about five minutes. It is very quick.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Have you ever eaten at cook out? Tell me about your experience in this field.   Answer Question

Got another offer from another establishment.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Out (High Point, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

The general manager will sit down at a table with you and ask a few questions about yourself and make you fill out paperwork for your employment. It's a very easy interview. Make sure you hand in the application to a manager and try to give them a good first impression of you. Just try to seem very friendly and approachable.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cook Out (Tucker, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I printed out an app I took it in next day. When I walked it the guy who took my app said come back between 2-5. When I came back I was asked about my availability . that was the only thing he asked me. He said come back tomorrow at 2 with a background check and when I came back I was hired on spot. Easy but really confusing to why I wasn't asked many more