Cook Out Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

Sort:

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cook Out (Augusta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very basic. They asked a few questions and made their decision based on the fact that I had no criminal record, it was my first interview, and I'm only 16.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I could bring to the cookout that no one else could.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cook Out (Lexington, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

Following a quick response to my online application, I prepared for the upcoming interview by researching the company and the interview process. I saw the business potential and was optimistic about how my contribution to the company could be mutually beneficial. I saw some negative reviews about the company but decided to persue my application, giving the benefit of the doubt to the company.
    On arrival at the hotel venue, I was followed into the conference room by a man whom I assumed to be another candidate; it transpired that he was the company representative. His demeanor was far from inspiring. Neither his dress nor his manner were professional or welcoming.
    After leaving myself and the two other candidates alone in the room to complete a basic application form, he returned and interjected into a conversation I was having with another candidate. He asked me what I had pointed out to the other candidate - I had pointed to the clause about paying for our own background check, which the other candidate had not noticed. The interviewer muttered something to the effect that that wouldn't matter anyway. My immediate suspicion was that he was merely 'going through the motions ' with this interview and there was no longer a position on offer.
    He then quickly raced through a visual presentation that made no real references to the position we had applied for - being no more than a potted history of the company.
    I was interviewed, one-on-one, in the public lounge of the hotel, where he asked me for another copy of my resume. I had attached one already to the application form on his desk but he failed to bother bringing those documents with him to this part of the interview. After couple of standard 'how would you describe yourself ' type questions, it was all over. I was no longer under any delusion that I wanted to work for this company or that there was even a position available.
    Another lesson learned. Though I will always give the benefit of the doubt. I am honest, genuine and optimistic, even if not all interviewers can claim the same.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cook Out (Durham, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I asked for an application and got a call to come and talk to the hiring manager. It took a while to meet the hiring manager as they weren't there everyday and were always busy when they were there. Once I talked to them it did not take long. They did require a background check.

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Out (Hattiesburg, MS).

Interview

I went to this hiring tent they had outside the restaurant. I applied for a job and I was interviewed right away. I was offered a job right after I turned in my background check but was never called in for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Selma, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cook Out (Selma, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I got hired on the spot. I was really happy and wasn't asked to remember any of the call-outs. My manager didn't specifically ask me anything other than availability. He told when to come back in fill out the paper work. I actually did my research on the company because I thought it would require a lot. It didn't require anything at all.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Out (Columbia, SC) in March 2014.

Interview

Was rather easy asked questions about previous work history and what I could bring to the job also what can bring to the job. It was simple interview questions ask me about my education. I was interview by a manger and then a district manager

Interview Questions

• Have you ever work in a fast pace environment   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cook Out (Greer, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

When I applied to Cookout, the location was not built yet. On the building site, they had set up a tent with tables and the General Manager along with a District Manager would sit out from 2-5pm handing out applications. I picked mine up, filled it out, and returned it the next day. At 9pm on the day of dropping the application off, I received a callback for an interview scheduled for the next day. I arrived and was interviewed by the aforementioned District Manager. It was very cordial; I was asked about my hobbies, personal skills, experience, and why I wanted to work for Cookout. I was asked if I would be willing to train at a nearby location while the Cookout that I had applied to was built, and I agreed. I was hired and asked to provide a background check. Easy peasy!

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook Out (Burlington, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy Interview . remember Be you and always smile. You must dress causal wear . Bring id also . The interview will be at the restaurant with the DM. . . . . . .

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cook Out (Harrisonburg, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

walked in. got an interview before i filled out an application. went to first interview. went to second interview. started work.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cook Out.

Interview

Got called after about 3 weeks for the first interview, asked basic questions then was told if they were interested what they do is a 2nd round of interviews. 3 days later I got called to do the 2nd round and I interviewed with the head manager and was told to stick by my phone. The next day I was called and told to go get a background check then turn it in and I could get started.

Interview Questions

• It's weird but I was asked if I could be any animal , what would I be?   Answer Question