CorVel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CorVel

2.1

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CorVel (Charlotte, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

Held job fair..then landed job interview..easy process

Interview Questions

• Explain your past workers comp experience   1 Answer
    • Dont remember questions, this was an adlibe type of interview...no certian direction.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CorVel in October 2013.

Interview

If you know someone who works within the company, it's much easier to be considered for an interview. The current employee can submit your resume to management, when they have reviewed your resume they contact you to complete an application. Once you have completed that process they will contact you for an interview.

The interview process was very casual and very interactive.

They ask question about your current job and scenario question, like "Tell me a difficult situation you were faced with and how did you deal with it?"

Interview Questions

• What would you say or do when you don't know how to answer or complete a task?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a pretty good salary, so I didn't negotiate much.

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CorVel.

Interview

Phone interview and one face to face interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at CorVel (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone interview. The interview was about 15-20 min long. The recruiter was very pleasant and started asking basic questions about me and my carrier. He asked a couple of situational questions and what salary range I was looking for. Than a 2 weeks or so I got a call to get a in-person interview scheduled. I got interviewed by all 4 supervisors. Interview went smoothly, we pretty much went over my resume. A coupe of months went by and I got invited for another in person interview. Weeks later I finally got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you went above and beyond for the claimant?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CorVel (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for position online. Received no feedback for well over 2 weeks. When I finally did receive feedback, I was told I did not possess specific skills they required for the position despite those skills being prevalent and adequate on my resume.

When I did finally receive feedback, it was in the form of 2 emails. One asking for an interview and one stating that they were moving on with other candidates and that the interview request was sent in error.

This all points to an HR/recruiting department who is unable to understand and parse a sr. technical resume and does not understand how to relate that with the technical requirements of the position. This also suggests that communication and attention to detail is poor at CorVel and needs serious improvement before top level candidates should consider this a viable place of emplyment.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CorVel (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Enjoyable, warm atmosphere. I was welcomed by the manager and a direct report. I began with a presentation and continued the rest of the interview with classic behavioral interview based questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength and room for improvement.   1 Answer

AE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CorVel (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I was referred to CorVel and interviewed with the President of CERis. I flew to Ft. Worth to interview 1:1 and be introduced to a few team members. Had lunch , went home and awaited an offer.

Interview Questions

• What were my strengths? What successes had I had?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CorVel (Folsom, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was fairly quick. I was interviewed by the supervisor and was always in contact with the manager. The interview was very informal but the supervisor was very nice and went at an even pace.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified for this job?
      How would you describe your work ethic?
      Why do you want this job?
      How long do you plan to stay?
      If applicable, are you going to school, if so, what are majoring in?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CorVel in October 2018.

Interview

Got a call a day after submitting resume. Played phone tag at first but had the recruiter email me for better communication. She emailed indicating what day the interview will take place but never provided an address. Emailed back to confirm. A week goes by and I still heard nothing. I emailed her again. After a few days I still heard nothing and emailed again letting her know it will be my last attempt reaching out. On the day of the interview I receive a missed call from her about an hour before with her explanation that she was sorry and did not get back to me because of a death. Well, you don't wait almost 2 weeks. To me this tells me the company is unorganized. I never showed up with the poor communication I received.

Interview

It was a basic interview and typical administrative questions were asked. It wasn't stressful and I felt that it was a pretty laid back interview process, but still professional

Interview Questions

• They ask you to tell them about yourself and why you applied   Answer Question