Corning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Corning Interview Questions

Interviews at Corning

2.9

Mte Interview

Interview

First a preliminary phone interview, and then a secondary interview via zoom. The interviewee had very little knowledge of the position as well as the type of candidates they were interested in. Very unprofessional

Operations Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

It was all done via phone interviews. I got to speak with the hiring manager and the recruiter during the process. It was a super easy and quick interview process. Keep in mind though depending on the location of the job or the position you may have a different experience. I interviewed for two internships in two different offices but had a different experience. One was more technical with the questions and the other was really casual and the hiring managers seemed a bit lost on how to interview. Overall a good experience. I got an offer but ended up going with a different company. They were super sweet and understanding as the decision was based on location. They even offer to find an opportunity in a location that I preferred. Great people and company.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning (Durham, NC) in January 2021.

Interview

One hour situational questions and tour. Behavioral questions everyone seemed very nice and I enjoyed the tour. Safety video was shown before the interview process which I highly appreciated. Left feeling confident in my answers.

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

A recruiter sent you an email with a questionnaire which contains some basic questions. The recruiter scheduled a call after you sent the questionnaire. The call is basically about the information about the intern. Another interview will be scheduled in one week. I'm waiting for the follow up now.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself.
      -Why are you interested in this role as an Intern with Corning, Inc?
      -Please tell me about any projects you’ve engaged in at school.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning in October 2020.

Interview

Had a one-hour video interview, with four interviewers, all engineers or managers at the plant I applied to. Two interviewers each for 30 minutes, and switching after that. Asked some standard behavioral questions, to give a background on myself, and some "out of the box"/ problem solving questions. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you solved a technical problem not related to work.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning (Durham, NC) in September 2020.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager, virtual interview over zoom with HR, hiring manager, engineering manager and 1-2 others. I think after this would be an on-site interview. I did not make it to the on-site round.

Interview Questions

• some asked formal questions but most were just discussions about background.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

The process was simple. It took a couple of days. I was given an interview over the phone and was asked to describe my previous experiences. They also asked me to walk them through my resume

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairport, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Fairport, NY) in July 2020.

Interview

Interview was with a panel of employees online. Questions were all skill / situational based, not even an initial "tells us about yourself" style question to start off, went right into "what would you do if X happened?" Each employee seemed to just pick a random question off a pre-distributed sheet and only ever replied with a "ok, thanks."

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the production line you were working with shut down?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning.

Interview

Behavioral questions, then inform what kind of tech questions would be in following interviews, eligible of working(the position I apply for only accept green card holder or citizen, won't sponsor H1B visa)

Interview Questions

• One time you had disagreement with supervisor   4 Answers

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning (Boston, MA) in February 2020.

Interview

Basic star interview, there was a lot of disconnect between the recruiter and interviewers. I had a phone screen, phone interview, then virtual interview over webcam. They want you to wear a suit an tie during the virtual interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult team member? When would you be able to relocate to Corning, NY? (which is in the middle of nowhere)   Answer Question