Corning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Corning

Sort:

Construction Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Corning (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone, lengthy on boarding including background check, hair follicle drug screening and extensive paperwork. All done from the phone or e-mail. All in all it was a fairly easy process.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Wilmington, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Walk into a room with interns and a couple workers. Sit down and take a programming quiz while they sit around you and talk amongst each other. After you finish, they ask a few personal questions. Interview took around 30 minutes.

Strategic Analyst Interview

Interview

Most was about behavior questions. Specifically, reasons that I want to work for the company. Leadership experiences, why changing job position. weakness. School experiences, team work experience. I tried to answer to show my creativity, passion for technology, leadership, and customer-oriented mind.
    Very friendly but 2 interviewers asked questions rapidly.

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corning, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

1. 45 mins Human resource phone interview with basic questions (personality, why this position, expectation, when to start, etc.); after then, asked for additional information acquired from manager;
    2. two weeks later, 60 mins manager phone interview: experience with this position; details of resume;
    3. two weeks later, 60 mins phone interview with engineer in this group: all technical; more details of the resume;
    4. two weeks later, on site interview: 8:00 to 3:00; 1 hr presentation and question; then 1 on 1 interview with director, manager and engineers, each 45 mins; sharing their experience, responsibility, asking for your background, detailed practical technical problems in the work, and give a solution.
    5. offer provided after 10 days.

Interview Questions

• No challenging questions as long as you are well prepared   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good base and package, not negotiable.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Blacksburg, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

When applying you start with a 4 hour test. They test you in areas from math, problem solving, and English. Most don’t get past this part. If you pass then you take a personality quiz which has silly nonsensical questions. Most who take this part fail as well. Union has stated “out of 100 people, 50 will pass the test and only 10 of those 50 will pass their personality test”.

After you are accepted from application and test screening you are subjected to hair drug test, physical screening (including weigh lifting, push testing, and stair climbing/endurance). For the actual interview: Brought into a room with 2 Operations Associates. They ask you to tell them about your life up until now. That’s the only question. You are expected to talk for 10-20 minutes. They take notes, then you go to the next room. Same thing happens with 2 other OAs. Then the 4 come together and talk about you and decide after you leave.

Interview Questions

• “Tell me about your life”   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Corning (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It lasted an entire day and I interviewed like 8 different people the whole day. Before they flew me in, 4 people had called me for the interview. The questions were not hard and they were pretty straight forward. They flew me in and different managers from different departments ask you questions. Be ready to ask them some questions because they sometimes don't have questions prepared beforehand. They replied within a week after the personal interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength/weakness?   Answer Question
    • Here is a scenario that we recently worked on. Tell us what you would do and what is your thought process behind it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corning, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corning (Corning, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview to start, kind of like a screening. The lady seemed to really like me and told me she would be in contact within a few days to set up another interview for me. She responded 4 months later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corning (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I thought the company was great for what they did and everything. I submitted the application in January and got a preliminary phone screening around the first week of February. Later in February I was asked to schedule another phone interview, and by the time I was scheduled to interview they had already extended the offer to another candidate. So overall, I would say that their process is cancerous and unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Corning (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Career fair where the recruiter liked my experience-> interview in person with 3 people -> interview with HR where they asked about my background -> Waited for confirmation but never heard back until months later

Interview Questions

• Name one experience that you had where you disagreed with your supervisor. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Poland, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Poland, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview performed in a very friendly atmosphere. There were 3 interviewers, two from HR and one from department that was interested in hiring an intern. The entire process had one stage and the interview lasted approximately 35 minutes. Most of the quesions were general, not related to the specific knowledge. I do recommend this employer as an excellent place for doing an intership.