Corning Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 319 of over 319 interviews

Recruiter14%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Corning

Application

I interviewed at Corning

Interview

There were a total of two phone calls with two different people. First was hiring manager, second was engineering manager. Decision was made after the second interview and sent relatively quickly.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in this position
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Montreal, QC) in Nov 2021

Interview

A screen call with the HRs person. Very friendly. Se asked the basic questions that are asked during a screen interview including salary aspiration. The next day an appointment was scheduled with the team manager for which I had to prepare a 30-minute presentation about my projects and experience in the area. Unfortunately this was never specified during the telephone interview and was only mentioned in the email invitation, which I did not have the opportunity to read. The interview with the manager took 30 minutes in which I described my experience with feedback questions. I guess having the presentation ready could have made a difference

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to leave your current job? What is an autoencoder? How to work with models with few data points?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning (New York, NY) in Oct 2021

Interview

After HR screening, technical interview happened and later in person interview happened. for in person interview there were almost 10 people. The Interview process was very lengthy and very tedious.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (New York, NY)

Interview

Straight forward technical question with Hiring Manager - Research Scientist. Resume questions, my current working experience questions, how I am implementing certain techniques on my research. Asked to explain the working of code/script. More MATLAB specific, (can depend on the role)

Interview Questions
  • Resume Level questions, questions based on my written technical skills on my resume

Corning

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corning

Interview

Went through a phone interview with recruiter then a phone interview with an HR person then video interview with the finance manager. Make sure you are prepared for any questions.

Interview Questions
  • Why Corning? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What part of finance do you want to be in?

Corning

Application

I interviewed at Corning

Interview

I first had a phone screening with a human resources person. I then had a video interview with a hiring manager who is working in the team. They were kind and professional.

Interview Questions
  • How I would approach if I were given one of the past projects that the team worked on previously.

Corning

Application

I interviewed at Corning

Interview

Very smooth and balanced Q and A! Easy to communicate with, encouraging and supportive. Provided good feedback before ending the interview. Was not intimidating. Very welcoming and positive. Provided insight on advancement and learning opportunities

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Corning (Suwanee, GA)

Interview

I had an initial interview with someone from HR. They asked very basic question about where I was located and what my experience was in. Then I had a second interview with the team that I would be working with. I found both interviews extremely informational and more conversational than other interviews I have experienced. They had good, targeted questions but it didn’t feel like I needed to prepare a monologue to get through the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What type of microscopes do you work on?
  • What makes you want to work at Corning?
  • What attracts you to the field of microscopy?
  • What steps do you take to produce a report for a client? Walk us through your report writing process.

Corning

Application

I interviewed at Corning

Interview

Entrevista com o responsável do RH e supervisores da área de produção. Não explicam bem sobre a vaga e não falam sobre os benefícios. Deixam a gente bem tranquilo. Perguntam sobre experiências anteriores.

Interview Questions
  • Sobre experiências anteriores. Disponibilidade de horário...

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corning (Wilmington, NC) in Aug 2021

Interview

Applied directly through company. Heard back 2 weeks later requesting I complete an "Assessment" consisting of roughly 50 behavioral, mathematical, and analytical type questions. After completing assessment, received on-site interview request for 3 days later. Onsite interview consisted of two employees, one from production floor and a HR generalist. Extremely robotic interview consisting of them going back and forth asking preset behavioral type questions and then at the end you had an opportunity to ask any questions you may have had. Lasted about 40 minutes (they tell you in advance to plan for it to be about 30-45 minutes) Nice people, but hard to imagine they actually learned anything about me or even really cared about my actual interest level in the position based on the cookie cutter questions being asked. Ultimately, I received an "offer" 3 days after the interview, stating I would be added to a hiring pool, and then whenever the need came up, they would reach out, saying on average it could take several weeks to several months... Not exactly ideal.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Corning? Name a time you had to deal with a safety issue at work and how did you work through it? Name a time you had a disagreement with another employee at work and how did you work through it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 319 Interviews