Crytek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Crytek

2.9

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crytek (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with the studio director in Los Angeles while he was on a business trip and then onsite with the team in Shanghai in the studio. The initial meet was over dinner. The studio interview is about 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• They team asked about production processes and my approach   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was held over Skype first as I was abroad. Went really well and eventually got asked for an on site interview. Met the whole team that I would be part off and got to ask all questions I needed to ask.

Interview Questions

• What is the company lacking social media wise at the moment?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Basic and advanced knowledge of Software Engineering is required.
    From the different of Stack and Heap memory, to advanced quiz such as swapping very long string with lack of processing memory. If you offer to interview for this position, you should review all over your school notes.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in December 2014.

Interview

The was not much an interview process, but working on test task. The checked out my background and asked to make a redesign of 2 pages(Cannot talk about what pages i had to redesign cause of NDA). I was pretty satisfied with communication experience and HR manages was super cool and friendly but something strange happened. I send test task i received strange answer. I know that there's so much candidates for this position and letters for candidates who did not passed may be pretty abstract, but they weren't. I received answer with some critics. And i can understand why they have to do it, but make sure that you sending letters to the right person. I was reading about mistakes, design solutions and techniques i didn't even made or used. That was dumb to read something so unrelated to test task i did. And when i asked HR how this even related to my project, she didn't answered. Fail.

Interview Questions

• Qualifications and projects   1 Answer

Senior Systems Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in August 2015.

Interview

There were 3 steps:
    1) Phone Interview. Only technical questions.
    2) Coding test (you have about a week to complete it)
    3) On-site interview. Full day interview. I think I had 3 technical sessions with different people, and an extra team-fit kind of session. They took me out for lunch.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview: what is the meaning of the __restrict keyword in C++   Answer Question
    • During the phone interview: how would you align an address to 16-bytes   Answer Question
    • During the on-site: describe the different types of caches, its configurations, benefits, etc.   Answer Question

Server Engineer Interview

Interview

First introduce myself then career review. Ask what role I charged, how to solve problems. Then ask technical questions. Tell me there will be test. Ask how long will be taken if you are hired and move to here.

3D Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crytek in June 2015.

Interview

First I asked to make a test. Task was to model and texture object from provided concept. They work in PBR, so be prepared. Review of a test took 1-2 days, after that I was invited to phone interview. We arranged exact day and hour. I was interviewed by art-director and senior 3d artist.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were related to 3D modeling. Nothing unexpected. Interviewers were very nice.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in February 2015.

Interview

This started as maybe one of the best interview processes I had in my life. It started with the regular phone interview, then they sent a programming quiz to complete which I completed and sent back and then a week later, I was told that I passed and that they need to perform a final interview on campus.

So far so good. That was back in December 2014, at that time they asked me to wait for a couple of weeks because everyone back then was having the holidays vacation, so I waited until January, we worked on the visa and everything, and I visited them on Campus on the second week of February of 2015 to have a full day of interviews.

The on-campus interviews difficulty level was not really that hard. Some questions were a little bit tough (i.e. how the C++ compiler perform some tasks regarding some specific commands) but overall, it was not very tough.

The impression I got from everyone that everyone was impressed enough to place some people with me near the end who just sat there and listened to what I did in my life. I met that that with over 20 engineers and artists from all different parts of Crytek, most of them were on a leader position and who kept asking me which part of Crytek I would prefer the most and they kept telling me what their projects are and trying to sell their teams to me. Judging from my interviews in different firms all over the world (I am currently Microsoft MSFT and I worked and lived in half a dozen of countries all over the world) I knew that people would start such conversations only when they are convinced that they got a matching candidate.

So the day ended and HR notified me that it would take a week before she comes back to me with the result, a max of 10 days in the worst case.

Today is March 31st of 2015. The interview was on the 10th of February, that means a total of 49 days and I still don't know if I passed the damn interview or not!!

I sent few emails and I even called a couple of times and HR didn't even want to talk with me and she told the receptionist to tell me that she has something and she would call me back very soon.

I am not sure how busy Crytek is, but I know that companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and others would come back to you with a definitive answer as long as they accepted your resume. This is really my first to hear about any company in the entire world who would invite someone for an on-campus full loop and fail to notify him about the interview results!!

Senior Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crytek (Nottingham, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Was cool, very excited. I knew these before from an older company. So we already had trust in each other and what I could offer to the company. It was very relaxed and confident on both sides.

Senior Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crytek (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)).

Interview

Took a couple of weeks to get started once i sent my application.

Had a first skype interview set up, but since this was for a regular position I didn't proceed. Fortunately another position (senior) opened up and we arranged another skype interview. This process was fairly fast but once i was told i could come over things begun to take time. Responses took 1-2 weeks and it was mostly delaying of flying me over for unknown reasons. Three months in i got told that they proceeded with another candidate.