Curse.com .NET Web Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Curse.com .NET Web Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Curse.com

2.0

.NET Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Curse.com in September 2014.

Interview

I heard about the company through LinkedIn job suggestions. I applied through Linkedin and within few days the recruiter sent me an email for initial phone screening. Thinking about phone screening, I though this might a tech or semi tech interview. Although, there were some technical discussions, but it was not purely tech interview as will be evident from the details below.

I followed up on the email and scheduled myself for a Skype interview. It was just over a ten minute interview where the recruiter asked some open ended questions. Compared to my other interviews, this was little bit different as the recruiter left me to explain how I did something technical as opposed to ask me a Tech question which had specific tech answer, such as an algorithm question. I was asked over 5 questions and I will discuss two of them below.

The recruiter mentioned that they will be reviewing my Resume with hiring managers. Few days later, I got an email saying they will move forward with candidates having matching skillset. I would not take any blame on me as my situation caused the rejection and not the way I answered .

The job required speicific skillset and I was asked if I had experience using them before. In the event I did have the necessary experience, the recruiter would ask how I used it in any of my past projects. The particular skills are ASP .NET MVC, LINQ, MSSQL Server, C#. I was also asked if I had any side project, which I unfortunately did not. The odd question that was asked is my expected salary, which was bit of a shocker because in all my previous interviews, this question was asked at the last phase.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any experience in ASP .NET MVC   1 Answer
  • What is your salary expectation   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Curse.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Curse.com (Huntsville, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn. A brief back and forth and an HR phone screen followed. I was given a code test. Design a roster with teams and stats in MVC with LINQ2SQL. Basic CRUD operations.

After submitting my code test, I was contacted about a week or so later for an onsite interview. I was flown out and put in a decent hotel. The interview process itself was from 10 until 3 with various team members including lunch with non-management and dinner with the hiring managers for both open positions.

I asked about the recurring theme on this site of "never really punching out" and was told that it's true. Curse is a publishing company and they need to be the first to market with any new patch information. This means if a patch goes out at 10:00 PM, you need to be logged in and working on it by 10:05.

I was fairly turned off by this and believe that's the main reason for the lack of an offer and all immediate feedback from the technical portions of the interview were positive. All of the technical questions were much easier than other interviews I've experienced.

The President of Media also dropped the F bomb during my interview. Not a big deal to me but might be off-putting to some.

Interview Questions

• Some basic technical questions. No trick questions here.
      There were also a plethora of behavioral questions. IE: Tell me about a time when you dropped the ball. Why Curse? Pick a complicated process and explain how to do it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Curse.com (Huntsville, AL) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. Everything they did made me feel very welcome and like they genuinely wanted to work with me.

The process started when I filled out an application on their website. I was then contacted by one of their technical recruiters and we had a 15 minute phone conversation. We talked about my experience, the duties of this position, and Curse in general.

A couple days later, I was sent a skills test that I had a week to complete and send back to them. I was asked not to reveal specifics, but you can expect to build something with .NET MVC.

After completing the test, they reached out to set up a video interview. This involved speaking with the hiring manager and another software development manager. We talked briefly about my skills test (which they were happy with) and they asked me a series of "behavioral" type questions. See questions section for examples.

Within a few days, I was asked if I would be interested in coming down for an on-site interview. They covered my travel expenses and I was put in a very nice hotel downtown which was also very close to Curse HQ. Everyone I dealt with during this process (a couple different HR people) were really amazing and very helpful with getting everything scheduled.

My interview day was from 1 to 5. When I arrived, I was greeted with a goody bag that included some snacks and treats and a hand-written schedule for the day. I was given a brief tour and shown to a conference room where I spent the rest of the day. There were 5 sections of interviews with 2 people in each. Each section covered different topics - core values, tech depth, company culture, tech breadth, and a behavioral section. They really like their behavioral questions.

I received my offer about a week later and happily accepted. I cannot overstate how welcome everyone made me feel throughout the entire process. Everyone I communicated with was very helpful and responded quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why Curse?   Answer Question
    • What's the most challenging project that you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you received feedback from someone. Describe a time when you had to give feedback to someone. How do you prefer to receive feedback?   Answer Question
    • They asked me a few questions about the SOLID principles of object-oriented programming.   Answer Question
    • There were also 2 whiteboard exercises for some algorithmic problems. They were more focused on my process and problem solving than getting an actual solution or writing actual code.   Answer Question