Dematic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dematic in January 2017.

Interview

Held a general behavior interview as well as a few technical questions about testing. They kept in contact very quickly and set up an interview within two weeks. After the interview they made sure to keep in touch as they were interested. Also included a coding test like many other companies through an online platform.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What was one of the most difficult things that you encountered with the projects you have worked on?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with one of the recruiters out of the Michigan office. She mixed up the time zones and called me an hour early. It was an odd initial call--with her starting by asking me what questions I have before asking me questions or talking about the position. I think the call went decently well, as I have experience with marketing a direct competitor's products. I was told that she would follow up within a week and if I did not hear back that I should circle back. I sent a follow up thank you email including some additional portfolio materials. I never heard back--despite 3 emails and 2 phone calls. It would have taken 30 seconds to simply respond to one of those emails and the fact that I never heard anything again is a sign of poor culture.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dematic.

Interview

I met the HR at a campus Job fair, the interview process took fairly long almost 4 weeks. An initial programming round followed by a phone interview. The HR took long to reply back to emails nearly one week per email, the process is really really slow

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a QA when development positions can pay you a lot more   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dematic (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the career site. The initial screening stated with a exercise testing your understanding on test case scenarios and test plan. The second round was phone interview which had basic questions from your resume. The third round was panel interview where you will tested on your testing skills and knowledge on testing

Analytics & Infrastructure Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dematic.

Interview

Met with representatives at a job fair and had a next day interview scheduled. They were interested, even though I had admitted my lack of experience with databases, but a history with Java. Met up with the interviewer and was asked basic questions about the Java language interspersed with an explanation about the company and its business operations. It ended up pretty informative and laid back.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Object.equals() and == (in Java)?   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dematic.

Interview

you walk in a room, to get interviewed, whether it be on a college campus or on the work campus. Asks you questions and offers an opportunity through the human resources department

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dematic.

Interview

Simple but Direct manager took time to see if company was investigated and made me very comfortable. Very happy with the process would recommend if looking for a position.

Business Intelligence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

- I have not yet been reimbursed for travel as promised, which means I am unlikely to be applying for another job with Dematic.

1. Three weeks after submitting an application I had a general, easy phone interview. I was asked about what I was looking for and if I thought I could do the job.

2. An easy phone interview two weeks later. I was given a fairly clear picture of the requirement and was asked to share relevant project experiences.

3. One month later, an in person interview started well but I kept being asked the same questions over and over.

I thought the interview went well. Two weeks later I was told the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you failed and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Do you know what 'ready for deployment'* is? (They used an acronym I was unfamiliar with, can't remember if it was RSOI or RFD or something else, but it was not one from ITIL or BABOK or PMBOK)   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation you convinced someone to use a better BI tool than Excel   Answer Question
    • Are you confident you can read/write MySQL queries?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Because I had already worked for this company about 10 years ago, the interview process was not the usual "let me tell you about my experience", since I had already more than 15 years of experience in the area of expertise and as manager of various engineering departments of this company in the past.

Interview Questions

• Willingness to travel, due to assignment requiring 50% of time in Europe.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dematic in February 2016.

Interview

Former Dematic intern. Turned down offer at end of internship in lieu of Grad School. Graduated MS in CS. Applied at Career Fair. Interviewed at Career Fair. Was told to apply for a mid-level position online. Then HR put me through the most unprofessional and ridiculous experience I've ever had with any company. The HM really wanted to hire me, but HR blocked me over and over again for stupid things that were really their problems. I kept following up with the HM directly, who was very confused why I wasn't getting back to him through HR. (I was - HR was blocking me without updating him.) Eventually HR sent me a form "thanks but no thanks" email. Essentially HR thought my qualifications didn't match the mid-level position that the HM asked me to apply for and wouldn't let the HM proceed. I decided not to continue with the interview process once the HM found out. Now I think about it, this level of stupid was common during my internship too. Not sure why I bothered applying honestly.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming, database, and language questions.   1 Answer