Dematic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

One telephone call and one on-site interview with a group of managers. The on-site interview was a rather casual conversation and very interactive. The phone interview was a set of beginner questions and conducted by managers who were not experts in my field.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would solve various issues they were currently facing. The questions were rather open ended and allowed me to provide unique insight and innovation to solve problems. The interview was not one of those rehearsed question/answer sessions rather, it was a conversation which enabled me to highlight my expertise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

The process started with a phone screen with some of the senior members of the team. During the phone screen the questions were mostly focused on personality, goals, and light technical questions. The second interview was on-site and included about 7 members of the team. The team was excellent. They seemed to mesh very well and you could tell they were a great work family. Each person on the team had a copy of my resume and asked questions. There was a simple whiteboard problem and a few definitions, but most of the interview was based on my experience, motives, and ability to fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• There were no terribly difficult questions, but remember to brush up on the basic definitions of the languages on your resume.   Answer Question

I had other offers to compare with Dematic and one of the other offers was better for our family. Absolutely nothing Dematic could have done. Dematic's offer was very competitive and there was no negotiating necessary to be offered what I believed I was worth.

Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dematic (New Berlin, WI) in March 2011.

Interview

Both hiring and interview process is pretty easy. Asked several OOC questions and design patterns.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not Negotiable

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dematic in February 2016.

Interview

Former Dematic intern. Turned down offer at end of internship in lieu of Grad School. Graduated MS in CS. Applied at Career Fair. Interviewed at Career Fair. Was told to apply for a mid-level position online. Then HR put me through the most unprofessional and ridiculous experience I've ever had with any company. The HM really wanted to hire me, but HR blocked me over and over again for stupid things that were really their problems. I kept following up with the HM directly, who was very confused why I wasn't getting back to him through HR. (I was - HR was blocking me without updating him.) Eventually HR sent me a form "thanks but no thanks" email. Essentially HR thought my qualifications didn't match the mid-level position that the HM asked me to apply for and wouldn't let the HM proceed. I decided not to continue with the interview process once the HM found out. Now I think about it, this level of stupid was common during my internship too. Not sure why I bothered applying honestly.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming, database, and language questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dematic in January 2017.

Interview

Held a general behavior interview as well as a few technical questions about testing. They kept in contact very quickly and set up an interview within two weeks. After the interview they made sure to keep in touch as they were interested. Also included a coding test like many other companies through an online platform.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What was one of the most difficult things that you encountered with the projects you have worked on?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone call + onsite
    Didn't even get an email after the interview to let you know the result, this is such a basic thing event if a candidate is not qualified, show some respect next time. I spent my time and money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dematic (Madison, WI) in October 2018.

Interview

Asked about previous projects and internships that I had worked on. Asked about leadership roles that I had been a part of. Asked about my role at a Technical Help Desk I worked for during my Undergraduate degree

Interview Questions

• Please explain a project that you have worked on in your free time   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is a two step process. They first do a technical phone interview and then they do a face to face interview. They are very big on personality, so if you have a poor one you might not get the job.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you basic CS questions and have you write out the ping pong test or something similar.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They mail you a offer letter and you can either accept or try to negotiate.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dematic (Austin, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

Easy algorithm in Java and then difficult SQL questions that were very ambiguous and after asking for clarification interviewer answer "do whatever is more difficult". And then they picked most difficult scenario they could think of. It felt like interviewer tried to prove me that I will fail.
    Behavioral interview with HR people went well. They were much nicer.

Interview Questions

• Design database for warehouse distribution system and do some queries.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dematic (New Berlin, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

After my recruiter vetted me, there was a phone screen by an Engineering Manager which included general C language programming questions, followed by in person interview with a project lead engineer and HR. The topic of extensive onsite travel for both installations and support is brought up and being unwilling to travel is clearly a deal breaker.

They were looking for personality types that were open, friendly and team players and the fact that I was able to hold my end of the conversation helped me - I ended up working under the manager that interviewed me and also have done several projects with the lead engineer that interviewed me. They want outgoing people who can interact and build bridges in face to face contact with the customers, so you must be able to demonstrate that soft skillset!

Interview Questions

• In C language, what is the difference between call by reference and call by value.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dematic (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Thorough, yet expedient. I was asked a few technical questions, but they were able to ascertain my skill-set fairly quickly after I gave fairly elaborate answers to their questions and explained how I advocate for certain approaches to problems.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, because I thought the offer was fair.