Dierbergs Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Dierbergs Markets Interview Questions

Updated Dec 26, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets.

Interview

First interviewed with an HR representative. Then a few days later with the pharmacy manager on the phone and then in person. At the in-person interview, I was given a math test. The test had things like putting numbers in a sequence and alphabetization as well as calculating the number of drops / days supply of an eye drop.

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets (O'Fallon, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone call asking some questions regarding scheduling availability and why i wanted to work there. Then a scheduled time to speak in store to a different person. The in-store person basically asked the same questions. Maybe two questions that were about interacting with customers. Maybe 15 mins tops for both interviews together

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Great interview. The interviewer was very friendly and I felt extremely comfortable speaking with her. She explained the functions of the job I was applying for in detail. Explained that if I accepted the job I could be trained in other departments. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in job   1 Answer

Pharm Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with the recruiter, and then the pharmacy manager. I was required to be fingerprinted, and do a background check. In addition, you must also take a math test- e.g. a joke of a test for anyone in college. Basically easy to pass, I got a 100% on it. Then, you will receive a call after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous customer service experience.   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets (Brentwood, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called one day and I didn't usually answer immediately. I responded a day later and was asked basic questions over the phone like my wanted hours and if I was okay with union dues and working holidays. Eventually they called for an in person interview. Because I don't have a car nor money, my father dropped me off and I was there for 2 hours. The manager was nice asking me if I was okay a few times and saying we'd see each other a lot. The workers were nice but one of the courtesy clerks was really quiet. I had a quick and easy interview with basic interview questions. I was called back a few days later to accept the offer. There's a two-day orientation during late nights. They make everyone go over food safety. Once done with orientation, they require you to have a 4 hour shift of small amounts of training and greeting guests at the door.

Interview Questions

• We have a seniority policy where someone who has been working for a long period of time will get off of work earlier than a newbie. Are you okay with that?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time you had a group activity and had problems with it and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets (Chesterfield, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Brief interview I waited longer in the waiting room than the actual interview itself. Takes a little time for them to call you back. Once you get the job you do a meet and greet at the store you will be working at and you also have to take a orientation class. It is pretty simple.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

I was contacted to set up a telephone interview. A week later I had the telephone interview, which lasted about 45 minutes. Unfortunately no follow-up contact information was offered during the process.

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wentzville, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets (Wentzville, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

We sat down at a table in the back, she asked me the basic questions and then moved on to more situational based questions. It was relatively laid back but make sure you still dress nice for the interview. It was a fairly easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: If there was a person at the counter and the phone was ringing at the same time, which do you help first, the person at the counter or the one on the phone?   1 Answer
    • Why did you want this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you have worked at a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Monday, got called Tuesday but missed the call and returned the call Wednesday afternoon. Had a brief phone interview discussing hours and pay and how flexible I am with hours, etc. Had to go to a different location than applied for due to that is where the recruiter for my local Dierbergs worked. She said I would hear back either way if I got the job once the supervisor at my local store reviewed everything.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to deal with an upset customer and how you handled it?
      Tell me a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called to set up a telephone interview for the coming week. The telephone interview was about 40 minutes. Unfortunately, it was difficult to get contact information I could use to follow-up on the interview. I was given a first name only and no contact information.

Interview Questions

• Expound on your experience listed on your resume.   1 Answer