Dierbergs Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dierbergs Markets Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.2

Cashier Interview

Interview

Great interview. The interviewer was very friendly and I felt extremely comfortable speaking with her. She explained the functions of the job I was applying for in detail. Explained that if I accepted the job I could be trained in other departments. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in job   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets (Brentwood, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called one day and I didn't usually answer immediately. I responded a day later and was asked basic questions over the phone like my wanted hours and if I was okay with union dues and working holidays. Eventually they called for an in person interview. Because I don't have a car nor money, my father dropped me off and I was there for 2 hours. The manager was nice asking me if I was okay a few times and saying we'd see each other a lot. The workers were nice but one of the courtesy clerks was really quiet. I had a quick and easy interview with basic interview questions. I was called back a few days later to accept the offer. There's a two-day orientation during late nights. They make everyone go over food safety. Once done with orientation, they require you to have a 4 hour shift of small amounts of training and greeting guests at the door.

Interview Questions

• We have a seniority policy where someone who has been working for a long period of time will get off of work earlier than a newbie. Are you okay with that?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you had a group activity and had problems with it and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

I was contacted to set up a telephone interview. A week later I had the telephone interview, which lasted about 45 minutes. Unfortunately no follow-up contact information was offered during the process.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Monday, got called Tuesday but missed the call and returned the call Wednesday afternoon. Had a brief phone interview discussing hours and pay and how flexible I am with hours, etc. Had to go to a different location than applied for due to that is where the recruiter for my local Dierbergs worked. She said I would hear back either way if I got the job once the supervisor at my local store reviewed everything.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to deal with an upset customer and how you handled it?
      Tell me a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called to set up a telephone interview for the coming week. The telephone interview was about 40 minutes. Unfortunately, it was difficult to get contact information I could use to follow-up on the interview. I was given a first name only and no contact information.

Interview Questions

• Expound on your experience listed on your resume.   1 Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets (Chesterfield, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

Apply internally in January and July every year to get in the pool for when a position becomes available. Fill out application and give to Store Director to sign off and submit their recommendation about you. Then you would get a call from HR and set up a date for an interview with a HR representative. HR would submit their review to the Area Supervisors and they make the final decision who they want to fill the position, when it becomes available, so that the applicant in the pool can move into the position right away.
    If the Store Director only gives a good review, then you still go into the interview, however, you are already on the list of not going further in the process.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets (Saint Charles, MO).

Interview

Sat down with the interviewer and the recruiter and was asked questions pertaining to customer service, how I worked with a team of people, and how I dealt with a difficult situation. It was a pretty laid back atmosphere and I was hired on the spot. Overall all the interview wasn't bad, it was basically like talking to your friend.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you were in a difficult situation involving a group project and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Cashier/Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for a position online and about 4 days later I got a call. The call was a screening interview where the lady asked questions about why I want to work here, my availability, the pay and if I were still interested. Of course I was so we scheduled an interview in the store for next week. I came 20 minutes early only because this location was a bit far out. I was told the interviewer was running behind because her office was being used for a meeting. I ended up waiting about 35 minutes (ughh I had patients lol) but finally she came around and apologized. It went very well, she was friendly and I was comfortable the whole time. Lasted for 25-30 min. Most questions were about experience (I have none) and my availability. She said I would receive a call within 3-7 days which I did. I missed it because I was asleep (at 8am). Luckily she left a voicemail and her contact number and I got the job! Oh they actually do call your references so make sure they talk good about you.

Interview Questions

• Why Dierbergs?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability? Would there be any reason this would change?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accidentally applied for a salad clerk position because cashier was not available at the time. Luckily the interviewer liked me so much she changed it for me. Just be calm and professional and I'm sure you will ace the interview.

Floral Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from them in a couple of days. Did a quick phone interview and then sat up a time to come in. When I went in I had a quick interview and a design test. It was a great experience.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dierbergs Markets (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Applied online and got answered within a week. Talked on phone first and basic Qs if I'm still interested. Asked what timings are suitable for me. Scheduled for personal interview in next 4 days.

Interview Questions

• Very basic and Situational setting Qs that why you applied? What your looking for further. What skills you possess. How you will handle difficult situation or customer.   Answer Question