DigitalOcean Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DigitalOcean Interview Questions

Interviews at DigitalOcean

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DigitalOcean.

Interview

Start with a recruiter screen, then moved to a hiring manager chat. After a followup chat with the recruiter, I completed a takehome exercise. The final onsite was done remotely, where I spoke with four different people, some from within the team and some from outside the team

Interview Questions

• The questions were largely behavioral, designed to probe my ability to tackle complex projects and work with stakeholders. There were no trick questions or consulting-style questions either. Overall a great process!   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean in March 2020.

Interview

An interview with HR/Talent team, then a phone screen with the hiring manager followed by an "on-site" interview which was actually done over video calls with 5 different sessions. Then about a week and a half later I was presented an offer.

Interview Questions

• General engineering concepts like code review, distributed systems etc   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DigitalOcean in March 2020.

Interview

Took almost 2 months, and I only spoke with the HR contact, and the hiring manager.

Basically every step of the way was weeks apart, with contact having to be initiated by me, the applicant.

Very disorganized, poor first round interview with HR contact.

Interview with engineering manager was very broad, questions about work history and "situations" I have been in. Not technical at all.

Rejection given as "not a fit". They didn't even get a chance to see my technical skill or anything, after weeks of delays and no responses.

After termination of the process, I wasn't even sorry. How would the rest of the company's processes and interactions be if the first few rounds of an interview are so rough?

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working on a small team of engineers.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean in March 2020.

Interview

I meet with 6 interviewers individually over a series of video calls. Each interviewer had a theme that they focussed on for questions such as: leadership skills, creativity, values, etc.

Interview Questions

• If hired how would you manage the relationships between other teams you will be working with?   Answer Question
    • How do you get up to speed on tech stacks quickly that you are not familiar with?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean.

Interview

Quick, fast replies, HR was great, they want you to express your challenges and what you overcome based on a simple question. Multiple interview you but not necessary.....lure you in with the perks but group itself is full of flaws and need a lot of work.

Technical Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

My experience with DO People/Recruiting was very positive. The time between submitting my application via a webform and my first day was about two months. The interview process itself took about 3-4 weeks. I had an initial screening, followed by a hangout with the hiring manager, then a technical assessment, then one half-day of meetings in the NYC office (4 stakeholders in 3 mtgs). Those meetings focused on an editorial evaluation, questions of cultural fit, and a technical evaluation (just casual questions). This was followed by a wrap-up chat with the recruiter, and then DO made me a formal offer.

Everyone was very kind and cordial, and my recruiter kept tabs on me the whole time. They did their very best to expedite the process, and empathized with their applicants, but they struck me as very committed to thoroughness and that will always take some time.

Interview Questions

• What is your editorial style?   1 Answer

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process involved a series of interviews with key personnel including the HR recruiter, hiring manager, and future peers. I was flown in to speak with my hiring manager directly. A connection was made with everyone I spoke with, which made the decision to accept the offer a very easy one.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you disagreed with your boss on an issue and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DigitalOcean (Roseville, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

After the initial recruiter interview the process consisted of meeting with the hiring manager then a panel interview amongst multiple engineers over the course of a day. Each engineer asked what appeared to be a different set up questions geared toward either getting to know my technical skills or my interpersonal skills as well as my technical though process and approach.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my idea of a successful team was about.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean (Dallas, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

Quick interview process. Started with a message from an employee over linkedin, two main interviews to follow. They know what they're looking for and don't drag candidates through exhaustive processes to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Digital Ocean from what you've researched so far if someone asked you?   1 Answer

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenside, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean (Glenside, PA) in October 2019.

Interview

Met with recruiter to set initial expectations and see if I was a fit. Submitted a coding challenge project. Met with a series of folks from different engineering teams. Circled back with recruiter and hiring manager to catch up at the end.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach education situations with senior engineers?   Answer Question