DigitalOcean Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 394 of over 394 interviews

Recruiter10%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

DigitalOcean

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean

Interview

Initial intake with internal recruiter then a one on one interview with the hiring manager, followed by virtual interviews with various team members. Each had a different area of focus around which questions were structured. Very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
  • What do you believe are relevant KPIs for the business?
    1 Answer

DigitalOcean

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DigitalOcean in Jun 2022

Interview

The interview process was made up of three sections: speaking with the recruiter, speaking with the hiring manger, then speaking with a variety of individuals within the company for 4 short 30 min calls. I enjoyed getting to meet several people throughout the process because I could get a better idea of DO's culture/dynamic. Everyone was friendly and it increased my excitement about the opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me what I was looking for in a company, where I hoped my career would be in 5 years, former experience, etc.

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

241.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=DigitalOcean~823482
Join the conversation on

DigitalOcean

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean in May 2022

Interview

While this should be a stressful time, the team made this experience so pleasant and easy. Regular check ins and resources to help along the way made this one of the best (and quickest) interview processes in my career.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

The interview process was very seamless and the order of the interviews made sense. Chung walked me thru every step of the process, answered all my questions and seemed to always be available.

Interview Questions
  • Why I was looking to leave my current position.

DigitalOcean

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean in May 2022

Interview

My DO interview process experience was great! It was very professional and organized. I highly recommend being prepared on the company background, your strengths and weaknesses and have good questions ready for the interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at DigitalOcean (New York, NY)

Interview

Painless and actually informative and enjoyable. I would rate it as way above average. I have one screening interview, one interview with the hiring manager, and three panel interviews back to back for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you leaving your current position?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2022

Interview

The interview process was great. I had an opportunity to meet with peers, leadership, and direct reports and learn a lot about the company, role, expectations, and everything I needed before making the decision.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean (Long Beach, CA) in Mar 2022

Interview

The process included a series of interviews with DO Content Team members. The format was generally conducted in question-answer fashion, with opportunities for me to ask questions as well. The process lasted about three weeks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean (Boston, MA) in Mar 2022

Interview

1) 30-min initial phone screen with recruiter 2) 45-min meeting with hiring manager 3) Four 45-min interviews with various team members 4) 30-min call with CMO 5) Wrap-up call with hiring manager & offer

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about how you typically structure a complex, cross-functional program.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean (Bangalore) in Mar 2022

Interview

The interview process was well managed and organised and it took 3 weeks . I had attended 5 interviews and finally received the offer ,during the interview process I faced lot of situational based questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 394 Interviews

DigitalOcean Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at DigitalOcean as 82.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.94 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Developer Support Engineer and Senior Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Engineering Manager roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at DigitalOcean takes an average of 35 days when considering 395 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Senior Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 29 days), whereas Technical Editor roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 36 days).

Common stages of the interview process at DigitalOcean according to 395 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 24.63%