DigitalOcean Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 280 of over 280 interviews

Employee Referral28%
Recruiter10%
HardAverageEasy

DigitalOcean

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DigitalOcean

Interview

One HR screening call, One hiring manager round talk about past experience. after HM round I got a take home assignment to competed on any language I want. What happen next is a panel interview which I was interviewed by 3 engineer 1 by 1.

Interview Questions
  • You need to write a docker file for the take home assignment
    Answer Question

DigitalOcean

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at DigitalOcean

Interview

Applied through referral 1. Discussion with hiring manager about why I was interested in the position and why I thought I would be a good fit etc. 2. Take home project. 3. 3 45 minute interviews with members of the team covering related topics both technical and non-technical.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe a good manager you had worked with in the past?

DigitalOcean

Application

I interviewed at DigitalOcean

Interview

Simple online interview process, this was conducted via video call. Talked to hiring manager and answered questions about my resume and other details. Also explained my past computer science projects.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DigitalOcean (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

Very detailed, includes an interview with the Recruiter, then a hiring manager. Then you take a real-world assessment, followed by at least three more interviews. One interview with someone to go over the assessment, then another to go into more detail about your experience. The last interview is supposed to be about your values, if they match the company's.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DigitalOcean

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at DigitalOcean in Mar 2021

Interview

Casual. Informal. Informative. Conversational. Interesting. Edifying. Fun. Important. Considerate. Elaborate. Multi-staged. Streamlined. Values-driven. Tech-savvy. Back and forth. Process-oriented. Emphasis on personal character. Deep dive into history and personal interaction with peers.

Interview Questions
  • What are your values and how do they align with the company? How do you interact with your peers? What is your tech background and how does it apply to our tech stack and process. What is your day-to-day process and how does that align with the company.

DigitalOcean

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean in Mar 2021

Interview

They sent me an availability request and I replied back but they didn’t response back. I followed up multiple times and finally replied and set up an initial interview with a recruiter. It took more than two weeks at this point. Then I passed and they set up another interview with the hiring manager. He seems like off and not much interested in me throughout the interview. I haven’t heard back yet but given his uninterestedness Im probably rejected. DO seems like very nice company so I’m totally disappointed with the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

DigitalOcean

Application

I interviewed at DigitalOcean in Mar 2021

Interview

The first step was a 30 minute video screen with the Recruiter. A few days later, I had an hour long video screen with the Hiring Manager. I heard back later that day and they wanted to schedule me for additional panel screens. That same week, I had 5 different interviews (about 30 minutes each) with members of the team I would be joining. This took place over two days. By that Friday, I received an offer! The process was extremely fast and I was always kept informed of the next steps. The original recruiter went above and beyond by calling me after the panel interviews just to see how my experience was and gain any feedback or go over questions I had prior to them roundtabling.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time where you had to interact with different stakeholders.

Application

Interview

After several conversations with the hiring manager, I met with 3 individuals in different roles in online meetings. Each interviewee was well prepared, focused and engaged in sharing about the company and learning about me.

Interview Questions
  • Situational questions appropriate for learning about my management style and experience.

DigitalOcean

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DigitalOcean in Mar 2021

Interview

HR reached out to set up initial interview. Then interviewed with rest of team. Process was very smooth and done in a timely manner. Was one of the better interview processes I have been through.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you had to explain your decision to competing shareholders.

DigitalOcean

Application

I interviewed at DigitalOcean

Interview

Overall the process was great and aside from a couple slight miscommunications the team was very attentive and accommodating. Had a pretty typical interview process rounds with HR, the hiring manager, "virtual onsite", and a final meeting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 280 Interviews