Dresser-Rand Engineering Management Acceleration Program (EMAP) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dresser-Rand

4.0

Engineering Management Acceleration Program (EMAP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicottville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand (Ellicottville, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

University career fair initial floor interview because they overbooked the university on-site interview for the next couple of days, followed by phone interview with HR about 2 weeks after (scheduled), then invited to a 2 days interview with few other selected candidates.

The experience was great because they were not shy to invite the CEO, and all managers, directors at the top positions, from all over the world, to interview about 15 of us. The process was rigorous with demanded interactions between candidates and with the EMAP graduates. They have come up with a great EMAP program.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you as a leader are faced with a conflict.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dresser-Rand

Engineering Management Acceleration Program (EMAP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellicottville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand (Ellicottville, NY).

Interview

The EMAP interview process is an arduous one. The hardest part is getting your foot in the door. This usually takes place at your college career fair (through a select list of universities that D-R attends in the northeast/midwest - RIT, Buffalo, Penn State, Lehigh, Illinois, Clarkson and some others). Be memorable, personable, impressive, and have a great resume. You have 2-3 minutes to get on that interview list. If you are able to make a good first impression you will be scheduled for a 2:1 panel interview that day or the next. The interview is fairly standard but this is a very competitive leadership program which has a lot of visibility in the company so you'll need to let your personality show, give thoughtful, SPECIFIC answers, and be generally crisp in the art of interviewing. You will receive communication about your interview within a couple days. If you made it through, you will be invited for a multiple day "Assessment Center" in Western NY where you will be competing with candidates that made it through from their respective schools. This process usually includes a combination of panel interviews, group discussions, presentations, etc. You'll also be given a tour of the Olean facility and eat extremely well throughout the event! There will be a reception/cocktail hour during the event. If you want to grab a beer, glass of wine, or cocktail, go for it. If not, no big deal. Either way though, don't miss a great chance to get to know interviewers you haven't had a chance to work with or to reconnect with an interviewer on something. During the assessment, if possible, the company CEO will call in to give a short presentation as well. Once the assessment is complete, you'll know within a day or two if you're getting an offer.

Negotiation

I tried to leverage another offer to bump the starting amount but was stonewalled. The starting salary was plenty competitive though. The program is great to be a part of. If I could go back and do it again, I wouldn't change a thing.