Dresser-Rand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.9

Engineering Management Acceleration Program (EMAP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicottville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand (Ellicottville, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

University career fair initial floor interview because they overbooked the university on-site interview for the next couple of days, followed by phone interview with HR about 2 weeks after (scheduled), then invited to a 2 days interview with few other selected candidates.

The experience was great because they were not shy to invite the CEO, and all managers, directors at the top positions, from all over the world, to interview about 15 of us. The process was rigorous with demanded interactions between candidates and with the EMAP graduates. They have come up with a great EMAP program.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you as a leader are faced with a conflict.   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

This was an internal process. I Submitted my resume to the manager of the current position. Then I was asked to apply online on the company site where I was asked again to submit my resume. After a few weeks The interviews were set up. After the first round of interviews which lasted roughly two weeks. I was told the second round would begin within the next week. That step never happened the local management decided to go a different way and they never filled the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multiple jobs all with priorities that are all needed at the same time.   Answer Question

IT Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Thorough! The fact that I'd worked there before and had dealt with all people in the face-to-face in Houston, and 2 people conferenced in would be enough to be considered by an offer, but the hiring manager said he was concerned that the pay was less than I had been making, so did not think I would be happy with it. I got the rejection letter a week later.

Interview Questions

• If I could live with a lower salary than I've been making.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand in January 2016.

Interview

Individual interview, then panel interview with broader group - they are a matrix organization, meaning supply chain's main customers are operations and internal customers. The most important part was interviewing with the operations people to show them you could support them.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was highly interactive and conversational. It was a good experience and very different from other interviews I have been to. Behavioral and Technical questions. The environment and people working seemed caring and positive. A lot of experienced professionals who were willing to share their knowledge.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was very fast and complete in a month. I had to go through a couple of face-to-face interviews with the HR before I could talk to the actual hiring team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Have you worked on supplier evaluation reports and dealt with supplier quality NCs in the past?   Answer Question

Finance Accelerate Program Interview

Interview

It is an on campus interview. Most questions are based on the resume and behavior questions. After the on campus interview, candidates who are selected will have an on site interview.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Painted Post, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand (Painted Post, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Was interviewed by all 5 managers of the plant; I was not asked too many questions. They essentially told me I was the only candidate and I would be "stuck" on the offshift for quite some time.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was willing to stabilize their 2nd shift and continue to improve productivity there.   1 Answer

EMAP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand in September 2014.

Interview

Overall, it was an enjoyable interview process. My interviewer was very friendly and personable. Questions were pretty standard. Asked about many things on my resume and about different group projects and labs I had done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you withheld information from a group project   Answer Question

Engineering Management Acceleration Program (EMAP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellicottville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand (Ellicottville, NY).

Interview

The EMAP interview process is an arduous one. The hardest part is getting your foot in the door. This usually takes place at your college career fair (through a select list of universities that D-R attends in the northeast/midwest - RIT, Buffalo, Penn State, Lehigh, Illinois, Clarkson and some others). Be memorable, personable, impressive, and have a great resume. You have 2-3 minutes to get on that interview list. If you are able to make a good first impression you will be scheduled for a 2:1 panel interview that day or the next. The interview is fairly standard but this is a very competitive leadership program which has a lot of visibility in the company so you'll need to let your personality show, give thoughtful, SPECIFIC answers, and be generally crisp in the art of interviewing. You will receive communication about your interview within a couple days. If you made it through, you will be invited for a multiple day "Assessment Center" in Western NY where you will be competing with candidates that made it through from their respective schools. This process usually includes a combination of panel interviews, group discussions, presentations, etc. You'll also be given a tour of the Olean facility and eat extremely well throughout the event! There will be a reception/cocktail hour during the event. If you want to grab a beer, glass of wine, or cocktail, go for it. If not, no big deal. Either way though, don't miss a great chance to get to know interviewers you haven't had a chance to work with or to reconnect with an interviewer on something. During the assessment, if possible, the company CEO will call in to give a short presentation as well. Once the assessment is complete, you'll know within a day or two if you're getting an offer.

Negotiation

I tried to leverage another offer to bump the starting amount but was stonewalled. The starting salary was plenty competitive though. The program is great to be a part of. If I could go back and do it again, I wouldn't change a thing.