Drury Hotels Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 50 of over 50 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Drury Hotels

Drury Hotels

Application

I interviewed at Drury Hotels

Interview

Easy process, and they make you feel extremely relaxed. It was a multi step process, plus a personality test. It would be great to work for a family owned company such as Drury.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time...
    Answer Question

Drury Hotels

Application

I interviewed at Drury Hotels

Interview

2 interviews. Very professional. Managers were very nice. I Would recommend for sure if you are interested in the Hospitality industry. You have to be prepared for weekends and evening shifts.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with an emergency?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Saint Louis, MO) in Nov 2020

Interview

One of the best hotel companies , is no better than the rest during these sensitive times. No one ever returned an email and crickets after an extensive hour interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Drury Hotels

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drury Hotels

Interview

Applied online and received an email from recruiter the same day. Interviewed over the phone with recruiter the next day. Interviewed with General Manager the next day. Was told I would interview with Regional Manager and that never happened. I was asked to complete reference check of 6 references and online assessment. The assessment is very long and painful. Interviews were relatively easy and was ultimately contacted by e-mail to be advised that they were not going to move forward with my application. Would have been nice to be contacted via phone for being a "family owned" company and having been through most of the interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Louisville, KY) in Aug 2020

Interview

Quick phone interview from AGM on reason for applying and customer service background. It's good to know about Drury Hotels ahead of time and what makes them different from other hotels. Scheduled an in person interview, met with AGM then GM, received offer within 48 hours.

Interview Questions
  • Examples of when you provided great service for a customer, are you a team player, what would you bring to the team, and if you are looking to grow within the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Indianapolis, IN) in Nov 2018

Interview

I have submitted my resume to this company 2 other times when I found the GM position had come available. I have always pursued it because I heard good things about the company, and it was in my local area. I had been working with a larger Marriott franchised hotel (as GM) in the area for a couple of years but they did not offer many benefits. When I saw the position posted for a 3rd or 4th time within a 2 year period, I quickly looked up the Drury Recruiter contact online. I sent an email and he got back to me the following week. The first interview with the recruiter went very well. He asked a lot of very engaging questions related to my knowledge of hotel revenue, team building, etc. I was prepared and felt I answered his questions to his liking. He quickly referred to me the RDO and I was contacted by the RDO within the same day. The RDO wanted to meet quickly, and said he heard good things about me from the recruiter. I was asked to drive 3 hours (one way) for the interview with him. After driving 3 hours and highly excited to meet him and introduce myself, once I met him, I got the overwhelming feeling that he did not have the slightest interest in meeting with me. He asked some questions, I asked some questions and then he indicated the interview was over. All within 15 minutes at most! I tried to engage him further and conveyed to him my long time experience working within that hotel's market; how I knew all the key company contacts in the area, and have a track record of success at the hotel I was at, and why I wanted to work for Drury. I told him I was very interested in the position and working together. He didn't seem interested to continue the conversation, then he said he would have the recruiter reach out to me - immediately I understood this as a negative step in the process. After the interview I sent the RDO a thank you letter and again conveyed my eagerness to be a part of their company. I did disclose to the recruiter that I had gone through a serious illness, so that a small gap in my employment could be explained. I felt like because I disclosed this information, it may have scared them from hiring me, and they simply went through the additional steps so as not to appear that way, even though I had since recovered. I was just disappointed to spend 6 hours round trip driving in the car for a 15 minute interview that I felt completely disregarded the entire time. Like they were just going through the motions, knowing full well I was never a true candidate in their eyes. I 'm not sure why, because I have managed larger Marriott properties within that market. They could have benefited from my expertise in the local market, as the last GM's had all been pulled from other outside states. I never received any response from my thank you letter, and I contacted the recruiter the following week to inquire about the position and my interview. I was told that other candidates are being considered at this point. Very disappointing experience. After the 6 hour drive, and then a lousy second interview with the RDO, I felt that at least I knew I wouldn't want to work for someone like that; who gave no warmth or a hint of consideration.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about building a strong culture in your hotel?

Drury Hotels

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Drury Hotels in Aug 2018

Interview

Simple, quick interview. They let you job shadow for as little as a few minutes or a couple hours, whichever you prefer. Easy mouth swab drug screen. The professional environment made me a bit anxious, but it went really well.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to relocate in the case of a promotion?

Drury Hotels

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels

Interview

PHONE SCREEN (feel you out over the phone), 1ST INTERVIEW (~1-2 hours), 2ND INTERVIEW (~1 hour) & JOB OBSERVATION (shadow someone for 15 minutes and talk with them about the position) -- **SALARY positions are similar but require more testing and discussions with higher ups.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Huntsville, AL) in Jun 2018

Interview

It was easy short and quick drug test on the spot and I don't know what else to say because is was short and easy and the people was nice

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Drury Hotels

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels in Jan 2018

Interview

Applied online and received a call within a week for a phone screen. Flew out to HQ for an in-person interview with VP. Met with local GM for tour and discussion about the company. Standard interview questions and discussion about growth going on in the company. Interview with VP was more of a discussion format and an exchange of ideas. Told of next steps which would include an online assessment. The online assessment turned out to be 8 different assessments and approximately 4 hours times.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you enjoy being a General Manager and what do you think you do well in the role.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Interviews