Drury Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2018

2.4

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the AGM then the GM. It was an inviting atmosphere, and it wasn't too intense. They showed me around the property, and introduced me to current employees. The employees would tell me about their everyday job functions.

Interview Questions

• "How does your past work experiences contribute to our company?"   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was very easy. The mangers are easy and friendly. I felt like I all ready had the job and they just wanted to know what I knew that could make Drury Hotels even better. In addition, it was encouraging to know the work that is expected during the interview. Be prepared to engage with everyone at the hotel.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your previous work?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Paducah, KY) in February 2012.

Interview

They asked me questions about whether or not id be a good manager and if I know business things and if I like puppies and hotels and kittens with whiskers. I said these don't sound like normal questions but they reassured me they were all standard.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within a week for a phone screen. Flew out to HQ for an in-person interview with VP. Met with local GM for tour and discussion about the company. Standard interview questions and discussion about growth going on in the company. Interview with VP was more of a discussion format and an exchange of ideas. Told of next steps which would include an online assessment. The online assessment turned out to be 8 different assessments and approximately 4 hours times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you enjoy being a General Manager and what do you think you do well in the role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Fairview Heights, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring manager was very interested in who he was adding to his team. Referrals and previous employer checks was a big part of the hiring process. Make sure you have someone from your previous employers to say something good about you. The team was very friendly and hardworking. Great guests and business partners. I walk in dressed professionally with a resume and was able to schedule a face to face meeting with the General Manager the next week. When I was hired the GM said he liked the fact that I came in dressed professionally. Great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

A long interview process. Phone screen interview with recruiter, in person interview with GM, in person interview with RM, phone interview with Division Director, phone interview with HR, three rounds of computerized personality tests

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you could do a better job than the current President of the United States?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview was great I really appreciated the time they took to hear me. Then there is a reference check process where you identify individuals you have worked for and people that have worked for you. The next step was a interview with the company. Applied a year ago so was not able to go further with process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you where able to turn a guest around.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drury Hotels.

Interview

3 interviews. Recruiter, GM of the hotel you are interviewing for, and Regional Manager. The Recruiting team made the process very easy and they were very willing to work interviews around my previous job schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Basic interview. Behavioral based. Drury hotels asked plenty of questions in order to get to know the individual. They are looking for personality more than skill. Anything can be taught. You can't teach the gift of gab

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels.

Interview

PHONE SCREEN (feel you out over the phone), 1ST INTERVIEW (~1-2 hours), 2ND INTERVIEW (~1 hour) & JOB OBSERVATION (shadow someone for 15 minutes and talk with them about the position) -- **SALARY positions are similar but require more testing and discussions with higher ups.