Drury Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Drury Hotels

2.5

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2018.

Interview

I have submitted my resume to this company 2 other times when I found the GM position had come available. I have always pursued it because I heard good things about the company, and it was in my local area. I had been working with a larger Marriott franchised hotel (as GM) in the area for a couple of years but they did not offer many benefits. When I saw the position posted for a 3rd or 4th time within a 2 year period, I quickly looked up the Drury Recruiter contact online. I sent an email and he got back to me the following week. The first interview with the recruiter went very well. He asked a lot of very engaging questions related to my knowledge of hotel revenue, team building, etc. I was prepared and felt I answered his questions to his liking. He quickly referred to me the RDO and I was contacted by the RDO within the same day. The RDO wanted to meet quickly, and said he heard good things about me from the recruiter. I was asked to drive 3 hours (one way) for the interview with him. After driving 3 hours and highly excited to meet him and introduce myself, once I met him, I got the overwhelming feeling that he did not have the slightest interest in meeting with me. He asked some questions, I asked some questions and then he indicated the interview was over. All within 15 minutes at most! I tried to engage him further and conveyed to him my long time experience working within that hotel's market; how I knew all the key company contacts in the area, and have a track record of success at the hotel I was at, and why I wanted to work for Drury. I told him I was very interested in the position and working together. He didn't seem interested to continue the conversation, then he said he would have the recruiter reach out to me - immediately I understood this as a negative step in the process. After the interview I sent the RDO a thank you letter and again conveyed my eagerness to be a part of their company.

I did disclose to the recruiter that I had gone through a serious illness, so that a small gap in my employment could be explained. I felt like because I disclosed this information, it may have scared them from hiring me, and they simply went through the additional steps so as not to appear that way, even though I had since recovered.
    I was just disappointed to spend 6 hours round trip driving in the car for a 15 minute interview that I felt completely disregarded the entire time. Like they were just going through the motions, knowing full well I was never a true candidate in their eyes. I 'm not sure why, because I have managed larger Marriott properties within that market. They could have benefited from my expertise in the local market, as the last GM's had all been pulled from other outside states.
    I never received any response from my thank you letter, and I contacted the recruiter the following week to inquire about the position and my interview. I was told that other candidates are being considered at this point. Very disappointing experience. After the 6 hour drive, and then a lousy second interview with the RDO, I felt that at least I knew I wouldn't want to work for someone like that; who gave no warmth or a hint of consideration.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about building a strong culture in your hotel?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Drury Hotels in August 2018.

Interview

Simple, quick interview. They let you job shadow for as little as a few minutes or a couple hours, whichever you prefer. Easy mouth swab drug screen. The professional environment made me a bit anxious, but it went really well.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate in the case of a promotion?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels.

Interview

PHONE SCREEN (feel you out over the phone), 1ST INTERVIEW (~1-2 hours), 2ND INTERVIEW (~1 hour) & JOB OBSERVATION (shadow someone for 15 minutes and talk with them about the position) -- **SALARY positions are similar but require more testing and discussions with higher ups.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Huntsville, AL) in June 2018.

Interview

It was easy short and quick drug test on the spot and I don't know what else to say because is was short and easy and the people was nice

Interview Questions

• How fast can you clean a room   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within a week for a phone screen. Flew out to HQ for an in-person interview with VP. Met with local GM for tour and discussion about the company. Standard interview questions and discussion about growth going on in the company. Interview with VP was more of a discussion format and an exchange of ideas. Told of next steps which would include an online assessment. The online assessment turned out to be 8 different assessments and approximately 4 hours times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you enjoy being a General Manager and what do you think you do well in the role.   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (San Antonio, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I had three interviews over the span of two weeks. All with different managers. The interviews went good, all typical questions asked. I was even taken to some housekeepers to observe them work for about 30 minutes on the first interview. I observed two housekeepers clean 2 rooms and do light service on 1 room. The executive housekeeper came back and she showed me the laundry area downstairs and thanked me for coming in for the interview. A few days later the assistant hotel manager called to set up an interview. He asked the usual interview questions, very casual and pleasant. A week later another manager called me to set up another interview and she just confirmed that I answered the questions from before the same. I was drug tested with a saliva sample stick type test. She said welcome to the team, that I would be asked to come back for a fourth meeting to sign the new hire paperwork. A few days later I was called back to fill out the paperwork with the first two managers I interviewed with. They scheduled me to start 5 days later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drury Hotels.

Interview

3 interviews. Recruiter, GM of the hotel you are interviewing for, and Regional Manager. The Recruiting team made the process very easy and they were very willing to work interviews around my previous job schedule.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Basic interview. Behavioral based. Drury hotels asked plenty of questions in order to get to know the individual. They are looking for personality more than skill. Anything can be taught. You can't teach the gift of gab

GSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview included a random drug test and a couple of questions that took 30 minutes with a manager and the GM. I felt it was a very quick process but I had to come back multiple times

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview was great I really appreciated the time they took to hear me. Then there is a reference check process where you identify individuals you have worked for and people that have worked for you. The next step was a interview with the company. Applied a year ago so was not able to go further with process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you where able to turn a guest around.   1 Answer