Drury Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Drury Hotels Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2018

2.3

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within a week for a phone screen. Flew out to HQ for an in-person interview with VP. Met with local GM for tour and discussion about the company. Standard interview questions and discussion about growth going on in the company. Interview with VP was more of a discussion format and an exchange of ideas. Told of next steps which would include an online assessment. The online assessment turned out to be 8 different assessments and approximately 4 hours times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you enjoy being a General Manager and what do you think you do well in the role.   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (San Antonio, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I had three interviews over the span of two weeks. All with different managers. The interviews went good, all typical questions asked. I was even taken to some housekeepers to observe them work for about 30 minutes on the first interview. I observed two housekeepers clean 2 rooms and do light service on 1 room. The executive housekeeper came back and she showed me the laundry area downstairs and thanked me for coming in for the interview. A few days later the assistant hotel manager called to set up an interview. He asked the usual interview questions, very casual and pleasant. A week later another manager called me to set up another interview and she just confirmed that I answered the questions from before the same. I was drug tested with a saliva sample stick type test. She said welcome to the team, that I would be asked to come back for a fourth meeting to sign the new hire paperwork. A few days later I was called back to fill out the paperwork with the first two managers I interviewed with. They scheduled me to start 5 days later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drury Hotels.

Interview

3 interviews. Recruiter, GM of the hotel you are interviewing for, and Regional Manager. The Recruiting team made the process very easy and they were very willing to work interviews around my previous job schedule.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Basic interview. Behavioral based. Drury hotels asked plenty of questions in order to get to know the individual. They are looking for personality more than skill. Anything can be taught. You can't teach the gift of gab

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview was great I really appreciated the time they took to hear me. Then there is a reference check process where you identify individuals you have worked for and people that have worked for you. The next step was a interview with the company. Applied a year ago so was not able to go further with process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you where able to turn a guest around.   1 Answer

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

It was quick and to the point. My interviewer was pretty nice and not rigid. I actually enjoyed my interview to say the least. It was fun, if you can say that.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a co-worker who I did not get along with.   1 Answer

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Carmel, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. The interviewer was very friendly and made it seem more like a conversation than interview. I met with three different employees one on one. We discussed my experience and aspirations and I had the opportunity to ask questions. Was also asked "silly" question to ease tension/nervousness.

Interview Questions

• Describe the ideal co-worker; what did you like and dislike about current or previous job; Why did you choose Drury?   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was very easy. The mangers are easy and friendly. I felt like I all ready had the job and they just wanted to know what I knew that could make Drury Hotels even better. In addition, it was encouraging to know the work that is expected during the interview. Be prepared to engage with everyone at the hotel.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your previous work?   1 Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

Filled out online app then emailed the manager that posted the job posting, after submitting my app. She called me back 10min later! Gave me a phone interview then invited me in for a in person interview. She interviewed me and asked me simple questions about my experience and delivering guest satisfaction. Then she invited me in for a job observation and another interview which is scheduled for tomorrow at 10am. She said prepare to be there for 2hrs. So I will update later! Hope to Jah that He bless me with this job. It's a great company and I want to be a part of it.

Interview Questions

• What's your definition of guests/customer satisfaction?   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

The general manager called me and asked me to come in so that we can chat. Although they were not necessarily hiring at that point, he wanted to meet me in case something else opened up. He said he would keep my resume close by in case that happens. He also said that he would talk to the other hotels nearby for me.