EMPLOYERS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

EMPLOYERS Interview Questions

Interviews at EMPLOYERS

2.8

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EMPLOYERS (Charlotte, NC) in January 2019.

Interview

I was sent a link less than a week ago for a video response interview. Several days later I was sent a rejection. When inquiring with the talent acquisition consultant of this was in error or if I should still take the video interview I was given a curt response I didn’t need to take it. Do t bother applying. This company clearly has no interest in getting qualified candidates and will waste your time with one-way video interviews.

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EMPLOYERS (Reno, NV).

Interview

Pre-screened over the phone, then invited in for an in-person interview the next day. A couple of days later, I had to take online assessments then I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult, but the unexpected question was "Name the 3 things that are most important to you."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on pay. Everyone is brought in at the same rate regardless of education or experience.

Marketing Related Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EMPLOYERS (Reno, NV) in August 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews--lengthy process that seemed overly 'thorough'. I know that there is a need to check people's backgrounds, but this seemed a bit like overkill. Made me wonder about the management and possible bureaucracy within the company. Hard to judge from the outside, but certainly was enough reason to make me question working there.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EMPLOYERS.

Interview

I was contacted by company recruiters and then blown off TWICE. I received a LinkedIn message from a recruiter asking if I was interested. I was. I spoke to her and applied as asked. The next step was a video interview through a company called HireVue in which one reads questions from the screen and then records an answer. I heard on a news story that HireVue analyzes speech patterns and gestures and compares them to other company employees. After that, I heard nothing. Some months later, another recruiter from Employers emailed that she had found my information in their system and that my qualifications matched an opening. I applied as she asked. The next day, I received an automated rejection. I emailed the recruiter and she never answered. If this in an indication of how this company treats people, I suppose I dodged a bullet.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EMPLOYERS (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Very smooth application process - most of which I would attribute to my recruiter at the company. Very minimal "in the dark" time and everyone I spoke with was very helpful in answering any and all questions I had. I applied online on their website, had two phone interviews and one in-person interview. One of my earlier phone interviews followed up with a few additional questions a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What plans do you have for your career over the next few years?   Answer Question

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EMPLOYERS.

Interview

The first interview lasted 1 hour. The interviewer is very nice and friendly. He introduced the company and shared his insight about the industry. I was underprepared for the interview, because I thought this would just be a informal meeting. I was offered a second interview with other staffs. I feel the company culture is very friendly, innovative, but also challenging.

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EMPLOYERS (Reno, NV) in March 2010.

Interview

At least three in person interviews, background checks, will contact previous employers, manager interviewing was friendly

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your technical skills for this job?   1 Answer

Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EMPLOYERS (Henderson, NV) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy and didn't take very long at all which was on the phone and then the second interview was in person. Any one could have probably received this job.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EMPLOYERS (Glendale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

2 female supervisors interviewed me at the same time in a conference room. They were very negative. When they asked what my ideal work situation was, I said, "Respect and consideration among staff & management". One of the supervisors said, "Well, then you don't want to work with me." Unfortunately, I was assigned to her unit & later found out from other staff that she enjoyed harassing & firing people.

Interview Questions

• Kept asking negative things like - What's the worst experience you had in insurance? Who was your worst supervisor? What's the worst job you ever had?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EMPLOYERS (Glendale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was mostly one way with me asking questions about the job. They had recently changed the way their workflow was structured and they wanted to let me know ahead of time what their new systems was like. They had some people who had left and they had many openings to fill even after they hired me. There was a huge increase in new policies written and they knew that it would result in a large number of claims. The manager did most of the talking while the two supervisors listened. They had an attitude of "If he likes you, then we like you too."