East West Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at East West Bank

2.6

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at East West Bank (Pasadena, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I received LinkedIn message from a recruiter asking if I'm open to new opportunities, we scheduled a phone interview, she introduced me about the company, asked my current responsibilities, and introduced me about the role and what they are looking for. A week later I got another call from another recruiter and she set up an in person interview. On the interview day, I met with the two recruiters, the Head of Talent Acquisition, and the Head of HR. After the interview, I was asked to take an online assessment and provided contact information for professional reference check.

Interview Questions

• How many openings do I work on in average, what type of positions I recruit for, how do you know about the company, what do you do when I meet a difficult client or a hard to fill position   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at East West Bank (Pasadena, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews, with about 6 different people each time. They talked about the daily workflow, and managing time wisely. They described what the job entailed and what they did and an overview of the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to multitask.   1 Answer

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at East West Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Hired both by Regional Manager Branch Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much can be negotiated. Salary will be in the range that company already set up.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at East West Bank (Pasadena, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was contacted by the HR Rep about a different position. It was not in my area of expertise but since she seemed like I'd be a good fit for the job, I submitted to the interview. It turned out that it was a waste of time as the hiring manager for the new position was looking for someone with a different skills set. The rest of the interview consisted of awkward small talk.

Interview Questions

• Very general: Can you describe your experience?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at East West Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

It was my first time going to an interview speaking English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.

Interview Questions

• How would you expose yourself and the bank to the community?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate with the HR Manager discussing my ideal salary for the position.

BSA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East West Bank (Pasadena, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Preliminary interview over the phone with recruiter and in person interview was ok. However, the follow up process after that to find out if you are still in the process was horrible. I had to reach out the recruiter for a follow up, finding out the pay range was not aligned with what we had discussed in our conversation. They look for experienced associates but at the end they are not willing to pay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current position and what you do?   1 Answer

Business Continuity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at East West Bank in July 2016.

Interview

I went through a phone interview twice and one face to face interview. I meet with the managers and the other team members. It was a great opportunity to undetstand the company's culture and what to expect.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East West Bank (Pasadena, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

SQL query questions about different joins and aggregate functions. Some behavior questions such as why leave current position? why you? what's your strength? tell me about your previous experience in data analytics work

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at East West Bank (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with a few marketing managers and the VP. The VP took over most of the interview and was extremely rude throughout the process (cut me off while I was speaking multiple times, curtly told me I was not prepared, demeaned my professional work on on my resume). Other managers were quite nice and pleasant to chat with. The entire interview took about 20 minutes.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone call first. The developer there asks uncommon questions. Those are not typical questions found on internet. Even if they are looking for full stack .NET Developer, questions were focus on front end.