Eastdil Secured Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eastdil Secured

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured in March 2017.

Interview

Had a great time in the interview process. Talked about my experience in Real Estate and got to talk to everyone from analyst, associate, to MD. They were happy to share their experience and expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First, you'll get a phone interview. This is your chance to get any information you want about the company then you will be brought in to meet the team.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty informal. I met with 4 different people individually in the offices in New York and the interviews were all very conversational. I was asked a few real estate based questions, but mainly trying to get to know me and gauge my interest. Be prepared to discuss why you are interested in real estate and specifically why you are interested in Eastdil. I was asked a few basic interview style questions such as 3 strengths and weaknesses, but they were definitely trying to get to know me, not trying to stump me or be tricky.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured.

Interview

30 minute on campus interview. Typical behavioral questions, a few accounting-related questions, a few questions why I was interested in RE investment banking. Overall, no questions I was surprised to be asked.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite type of real estate property and why?   Answer Question

Presentation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There are 2 steps interviews, one from HR, one from design supervisors, they are looking for people who are more fixable and can communicate with others well, since the job require a lot of communication with teams around the nation. quick, detailed-oriented and good management are what they are looking for, it is not a creative job. So they focus on asking you how do you deal with people, and need examples to describe.

Interview Questions

• What you would do if you encounter a situation that the person is extremely hard to deal with and asking you follow his order, while you have some others work orders that are more urgent?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Had an On-Campus interview, for which they responded within a week for an invitation to the office in New York. Had a sequence of 30 minute interviews with most of the hierarchy (analyst to director) followed by a case study analyzing the cash flow of an office building for a total of four or so hours. They took two weeks longer to get back to me than they had said they would for the final decision, but probably because I was on the wait list until all of the chosen analysts had accepted their offers.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CIO of an acquisitions company, what are the aspects of a building you would look into and why?   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

one phone interview and one in-person interview. They try to scare you off by telling you about the grueling hours but they pay $20/hour for an intern, which is pretty great. No analytical questions: mainly just asking about my resume, why I want to work for Eastdil, what I think it takes to be an analyst.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you want to ask me that you normally aren't allowed to ask in a job interview?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Going into the interview process, I had my concerns. I have a friend who is currently working as an analyst. He informed me the interview process was very rigorous. Indeed, it was. It seemed I was interviewed by practically the entire team. Regardless, I am happy with the results. The interview really stressed the importance of business experience, real estate interest and a high gpa.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn’t able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

First came to campus for a short 30 minute interview, called back to office to have 6 half hour interviews, some informational and some more technical

Interview Questions

• What are all the important rates for valuing real estate?   1 Answer

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured in November 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview, 1:1, and then multiple 1:1 (total of 3 rounds).

Asked mostly behavior questions during the first 1:1 interview. Everyone is very bright and willing to give it their all to finish whatever task assign.

Was also given a skill test that asked conceptual financial questions. Also asked you to build financial models using excel.