Eastdil Secured Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Eastdil Secured

3.3

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Had an On-Campus interview, for which they responded within a week for an invitation to the office in New York. Had a sequence of 30 minute interviews with most of the hierarchy (analyst to director) followed by a case study analyzing the cash flow of an office building for a total of four or so hours. They took two weeks longer to get back to me than they had said they would for the final decision, but probably because I was on the wait list until all of the chosen analysts had accepted their offers.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CIO of an acquisitions company, what are the aspects of a building you would look into and why?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Going into the interview process, I had my concerns. I have a friend who is currently working as an analyst. He informed me the interview process was very rigorous. Indeed, it was. It seemed I was interviewed by practically the entire team. Regardless, I am happy with the results. The interview really stressed the importance of business experience, real estate interest and a high gpa.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn’t able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

First came to campus for a short 30 minute interview, called back to office to have 6 half hour interviews, some informational and some more technical

Interview Questions

• What are all the important rates for valuing real estate?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First, you'll get a phone interview. This is your chance to get any information you want about the company then you will be brought in to meet the team.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured in March 2017.

Interview

Had a great time in the interview process. Talked about my experience in Real Estate and got to talk to everyone from analyst, associate, to MD. They were happy to share their experience and expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with two employees, mainly asked technical questions after a few preliminary resume questions. All questions based on past real estate experience and lessons from school. The next step in the process would have been a super day which included a case study.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through an Income statement for a multi family building?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Eastdil Secured - Los Angeles (Santa Monica)

Initial Office Interview:
    Chris Goodman,
    Managing Director

His Motto: “Always difficult to get rid of women and minorities on the backend.”

See his opening question below.

Interview Questions

• If I told you to move a pile of sh*t -
      From one corner of this room to another...
      Walk me through the process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured.

Interview

30 minute on campus interview. Typical behavioral questions, a few accounting-related questions, a few questions why I was interested in RE investment banking. Overall, no questions I was surprised to be asked.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite type of real estate property and why?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty informal. I met with 4 different people individually in the offices in New York and the interviews were all very conversational. I was asked a few real estate based questions, but mainly trying to get to know me and gauge my interest. Be prepared to discuss why you are interested in real estate and specifically why you are interested in Eastdil. I was asked a few basic interview style questions such as 3 strengths and weaknesses, but they were definitely trying to get to know me, not trying to stump me or be tricky.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eastdil Secured (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Superday - invited into an office and interviewed with 8 analysts and associates. The interviews were very straightforward, and the interviewers were all enthusiastic about their positions. Every single one of them mentioned extensive working hours.